Who Goes to Dominican Salons?

SmilingElephant

I made an appointment to get a rollerset and a blowout next weekend.

Im SO excited bc ive been wanting to see how long my hair really is and I've been feigning for some straight hair lately.

At the same time im nervous. I haven't been to a salon in 5 years since i found LHCF. I spoke to the stylist and told her why im so paranoid and she said she completely understands and promises not to cut or trim my hair.

Anybody have good experiences with these salons?

^^^^This is what I do. I'm relaxed and I think the blow drying the roots is doing too much. My roots don't have to be pin straight.

Anyway, in answer to OP's question, I've had very good experiences. I tend to take my own products, and no trimming I do that myself. I even had my hair relaxed and colored, and it was applied correctly.

Last edited:
Don't you think it would be safer just have them sit you under the dryer with the really big rollers and then wrap?

I would like them to blowdry my roots a little. Wrapping my hair is a joke in this Florida weather. I really want my hair nearly pin straight.

I'll see when i go. I have a whole week to think about it.

I recently went to a Dominican Salon for the first time 4 weeks ago. I had them do my touch-up and they did a great job. I got a roller set and did not let them blow dry my hair. I think that is too much manipulation and heat. After the roller set they combed me out and I was off and on my way. It was a good experience. I plan to go to them every 12 - 13 weeks for my touch-ups. Also, I did not have to wait but they did get crowded and the prices were reasonable.

Don't you think it would be safer just have them sit you under the dryer with the really big rollers and then wrap?

Oh wow, I didn't even consider that Dominican salons will do that. I wanted to get my hair straightened and trimmed, but Dominican spots seem opposed to styling with a flat iron and I really don't want to mess with the blow dryer. I might give the rollerset/wrap method a go.

go ahead and get it blown straight. youll be ok this one time. and it will last awhile. take pics:)

Lol im so confused!!!:dizzy:

I figure if i get the rollerset and the blowout that it would be less heat than if i were to just blowdry and flat iron...which is how i usually straighten my hair.

I would do the rollerset and wrap but i wonder if it would hold up to humidity. I would like to get at least a week's worth of my hair being straight.

I keep seeing YouTube vids of ppl getting rollersets and blowouts getting the results i want. Idk what to do!:whyme:

Back