Who here DOESN'T trim their hair?

Neith

I'm just curious. I decided to trim once a year... the last time I did was in January.

My ends are healthy and I'm glad I made this decision.

Is there anyone here who doesn't trim their hair at all? Or anyone who just trims to even up and shape their hair, but not for splits?

I'm also interested in hearing from people who have done this in the past.

How is/did it work out for you?

yuriko

I did not trim my hair for about 22 months once, no I take that back, i might have dusted once or twice during that time period if i remember correctly, but that was it for 18 months, and my hair was great. But i wore it in braids pretty much through that period of time, if my hair is exposed, i will trim it, am very scissor happy

Forever in Bloom

I did back in June and that may be the last time. I'll do search and destroys on naughty hairs, but for the most part I don't really get split ends if I baby them with moisturizing products :grin:

off topic: :lick: is this little dude's tongue moving faster, or is it my imagination? :look:

discodumpling

My last trim was in February. I'm trying not to trim for a yr and so far so good. I S& D whenever I feel like it and most times if I can't see the split...in my mind it doesn't exist so I just keep it moving!
It's working for me...I think i've retained most of my growth this yr.

V0nDiva

My last 'trim' was way over a year ago. Now I do dust here and there but that's even been about 2 months.

Miss*Tress

I get my hair trimmed once a year and for the most part my ends remain smooth and free from split-ends. I do have some trouble with the back, so am stepping up the DC's, oils, etc. in that area.

TexturedTresses

Before I found this board I started trimming my hair every other relaxer.... I wasn't doing anything else differently though and thats when my started to grow a lot. That was every 12 to 16 weeks becasue i relaxed every 6-8 weeks. I'm still going to try to trim every other relaxer but I'm now also trying to stretch for 12 weeks (3 months) so I guess I'll get a trim every 6 months. I'm hoping this will work out because I've been doing protective styling, moisturizing, and search and destroys.

Cichelle

I don't trim my hair. It's been over three years now. My hair is fine. When I reach tailbone, I might start trimming once or twice a year. But I always say I'm going to and then I never do.

Neith

I don't trim my hair. It's been over three years now. My hair is fine. When I reach tailbone, I might start trimming once or twice a year. But I always say I'm going to and then I never do.

That makes me feel much better coming from someone going for tailbone. :yep:

Jas123

The Star of a Story
KUDOS to you ladies... i wish i could go that long w/o trimming but i never seem to manage it... maybe starting with the new year i'll try just 2x a year:ohwell:

Andy1979

Cichelle, do you ever flat iron your hair, and if so, how often? I'm asking because I would like to trim only 1/year, but I also like to flat iron a few times a year.

Cichelle

Cichelle, do you ever flat iron your hair, and if so, how often? I'm asking because I would like to trim only 1/year, but I also like to flat iron a few times a year.

No, I never do. I don't use heat except for occasionally sitting under a bonnet dryer when doing henna treatments. I'm too chicken.

JustKiya

off topic: :lick: is this little dude's tongue moving faster, or is it my imagination? :look:

:lachen: I do believe it is!

I haven't trimmed since I cut off the last of my bleached hair in Feb 07. I don't plan on trimming - well, at this point, ever, really. I'm patiently waiting on my hair to get long enough to do S&D's on, and that will be the only scissor/hair contact I'll do.

My ends stay protected, most of the time, so I don't feel the need to trim off perfectly healthy hair. If I used heat, I would most likely have to trim more often.

Leeda.the.Paladin

The last time I trimmed was when I got rid of the rest of my relaxed ends, plus maybe a 1/4 inch off the rest of the hair. That's been maybe 3 months ago? I don't plan on trimming again any time soon, unless I start noticing splits...so far so good though.

queen_t

No, I never do. I don't use heat except for occasionally sitting under a bonnet dryer when doing henna treatments. I'm too chicken.

ITA. The less heat you use, the less often you'll have to trim. I trim once a year (if needed). The no heat regimen has allowed me to go longer between trims. :yep:

loolalooh

I'm just curious. I decided to trim once a year... the last time I did was in January.

My ends are healthy and I'm glad I made this decision.

Is there anyone here who doesn't trim their hair at all? Or anyone who just trims to even up and shape their hair, but not for splits?

I'm also interested in hearing from people who have done this in the past.

How is/did it work out for you?

I trim once a year, too. My BC was February 2008 and I'm not lifting the scissors again until February 2009. So far it's working out well.

dcprdiva

I haven't trimmed since Feb. 08. I do dust occassionally, but I don't plan to trim until I reach my goal - which probably won't be until Feb. 09. I don't care if my hair looks ragged - I'm going for length and I don't want a stylist cutting off my progress!

MissNina

Libra Girl
I haven't trimmed my hair since late last year...maybe October or November. I have only dusted like twice since then.