Who uses Aubrey Organics to cowash?

WantNatural

I'm thinking about doing this, just concerned about the cost. I use AOGPB to DC weekly. Thinking about AOHSR to cowash and as a leave-in. Do you dilute to stretch the product? Has it improved your hair over other conditioners?

Thanks!

I do:yep:
AOHSR 0-5 weeks post relaxer then I switch to AORM:lick:
(I also oil/coffee/tea/avj rinse during my cowashes)

I tried, but since I co-wash in the morning the smell followed me all day at work. I couldn't take it.

It's too rich and too expensive. I only use it to deep condition.

Try Suave

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Since its so thick when I'm almost out I add water to it. It's still pretty thick afterwards. I don't co wash with it though. I'll DC or add some HSR to my spray bottle.

I tried it with HSR but it was just too heavy and coated-ish for cowashing with for my hair.

It's too rich and too expensive. I only use it to deep condition.

Try Suave

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Thanks! It is expensive. I used to use Tresseme Naturals which I loved and is cheap, but I'm trying to use natural products that I can find on the ground.

I prefer to co-wash with Giovanni conditioners, and deep condition with Aubrey Organics. AO is so rich and heavy that I would feel like I'm "wasting" the goodness with a co-wash. :lol: Have you tried any of the Giovanni products? They are mostly natural, less expensive than AO, and available on the ground.

NappyNelle said:
I prefer to co-wash with Giovanni conditioners, and deep condition with Aubrey Organics. AO is so rich and heavy that I would feel like I'm "wasting" the goodness with a co-wash. :lol: Have you tried any of the Giovanni products? They are mostly natural, less expensive than AO, and available on the ground.

All of this. The smooth as silk is a-mazing and the tea tree triple treat is great too. :yep:

Also if it's the extra moisturizing properties u want maybe try adding a bit of oil. Or honey/agave to a cheapie condish

NappyNelle

Thanks! :yep: I used to use Giovanni conditioners to DC at the beginning of my journey. Think I'll revisit!

All of this. The smooth as silk is a-mazing and the tea tree triple treat is great too. :yep:

APrayer4Hair

I might have some smooth as silk still in my cabinet, if not I think I'll pick some up to try. Thanks for the suggestions!:yep:

WantNatural I use it straight. I use about one good squeeze per wash (I am relaxed so that may make a difference). I wash daily and a bottle lasts about 1.5 - 2 months.

@WantNatural I use it straight. I use about one good squeeze per wash (I am relaxed so that may make a difference). I wash daily and a bottle lasts about 1.5 - 2 months.

Nix08

Say what now? You get 1.5 - 2 months out of a bottle! That definitely makes it worth it, but I don't think I could get that much out of it.

I think I'm going to experiment the rest of this month. I'm going to try some Giovanni to see how I like cowashing with it, and I'm going to test out my AOGPB to see how it feels to cowash. AOGPB is very thick and rich as well, so maybe it will allow me to get an idea of how much I would use with each wash and how it feels on my hair. Right now I'm using Shea Moisture Volumizing Conditioner, because it was $4.98 a bottle so I grabbed two. It's okay, nothing special, but I tea rinse under my cowash conditioner and as a final rinse, so I get my goodness from the tea. I like keeping my products very simple, so a good DC and a good cowash/leave-in is all I need as far as conditioners are concerned. I cleanse my scalp and hair w/bentonite clay, DC with AOGPB, moisturize with tea/avj, and seal with Crisco. Once I find the right cowash/leave-in I'm set. When it comes to products I'm a very simple girl.:lol:

I do.....a little goes a long way... I dont get how aubrey is expensive...it like 8-9 bucks which is about the same as a good drug store conditioner.....anyway I mainy use hsr to cowash....and I dont use it as a leave in....

What I do is rinse my hair apply hsr and detangle...let sit....rinse....apply leave in conditioner (which is regular conditioner) and further detangle and twist

Plus hsr is one of the only conditioners ive used that rinses out my hair feeling both clean and completely moisturized and nourished

Last edited:
ChocolatePie777 said:
I do.....a little goes a long way... I dont get how aubrey is expensive...it like 8-9 bucks which is about the same as a good drug store conditioner.....anyway I mainy use hsr to cowash....and I dont use it as a leave in....

What I do is rinse my hair apply hsr and detangle...let sit....rinse....apply leave in conditioner (which is regular conditioner) and further detangle and twist

Plus hsr is one of the only conditioners ive used that rinses out my hair feeling both clean and completely moisturized and nourished

ChocolatePie777

$8-9 where do you buy it?

I love it but cant find it for less than$15

ChocolatePie777

AO seems expensive because it is so thick, and I think many people probably use more than they need to so they go through it faster than a regular drugstore conditioner with a thinner consistency. And of course, some of us are used to paying $3-4 for those cheaper drugstore conditioners. But I think you also have to consider the quality of the product as well, which is why I'm considering AO.

Thank you for explaining how you cowash with it. *Sigh...I just placed my Vitacost order, now I'm going to have to run down to Vitamin Shoppe and pay $3 more for the AOHSR so I can put this to rest in my mind. :look:

Love718

You can buy AOHSR at Vitamin Shoppe for about $11. You can also get it at Vitacost for $8, but I only order my AOGPB when I have other items to buy, otherwise you're still paying $14 with the shipping.

love18 Noooooooo! You have to order online and find coupon codes! I've been ordering my AO and Giovanni conditioners in bulk from iherb, Vitacost, or VitaGlo. I order about twice a year, and save a lot of money in doing so; I don't spend over $75 each time, and I get my vitamins, and natural oils, too.

WantNatural I use it straight. I use about one good squeeze per wash (I am relaxed so that may make a difference). I wash daily and a bottle lasts about 1.5 - 2 months.

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:lol::lol::lol:

Nix08 Just one good squeeze?! I use one good squeeze per section... so that's 8 good squeezes, plus more for around my edges. I'm heavy handed, and my bottles last about 6 sessions, or 3-4 months.

NappyNelle :lachen: crazy I know:giggle: but once I tried cowashing with AO I couldn't bring myself to settle....I am very stingy with products that I consider staples:yep: For example a 4oz bottle of gleau oil will last me several months with every day use. Even my 8 oz bottle of my oil blend is still a 1/4 full with daily oil rinsing and I'm on my 6th month with it:yep:

Thanks! It is expensive. I used to use Tresseme Naturals which I loved and is cheap, but I'm trying to use natural products that I can find on the ground.

May I suggest Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle. It doesn't really soften my hair as well as Tresemme Naturals or any of the other richer conditioners, but it is amazing at cleansing. It really cleans away buildup from butters/oils/gels for me. You can then use the AO to condition and stretch it out that way.

ChocolatePie777

$8-9 where do you buy it?

I love it but cant find it for less than$15

Maybe its where I live then cause I live ib ny and the vitamine shoppe I go to never has it for over $9 except for the swimmers and color conditioner.....pkus the often have sales (if its not already sold out)....also online at vitacost its about 8 and some change....so if you are buying a lot def get it from online......I would buy online but I like to support store on the ground so they do up and go closing down on me

I do this all the time in the summer. I mainly cowash 2 to 3 times a week in the summer and only shampoo when I clarify monthly. I use the AO Condish's on friday to do my weekly DC and then I cowash it out. You'll love the results :yep:.

I cowash with AOWC and love it! I have cowashed with AOHSR and loved that too. I have a few others in my stash but I haven't cracked them open yet. I didn't love AOGPB all that much. I'm protein sensitive and it just didn't make my hair feel all that great.

Love718
I've never paid more than $10. For any AO product. I usually buy it from The Vitamin shop which always has a sale. I just bought OGPB from Fareway Market for $8.99.

Back