Who's hair is that in that avatar pic?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Who\'s hair is that in that avatar pic?

Recently I was on the board replying to threads and my husband was sort of watching what I was doing. I went to look at some album of some of the ladies' hair and some how ended up on one of my post. I read it and scrolled down to read the rest of the posts and guess what? My husband says..."go back, go back, whose hair is that in that pic?" He was refering to my avatar pic.

When I told him that was me,his mouth fell open and he told me that my hair was pretty.

I just smiled and told him that my hair can't look like that everyday because I would have to use heat and I am not willing to do that. Oh well. He seamed sort of disappointed.

Ladies how many of you have significant others that want your hair to be near perfect all the time?

Re: Who\'s hair is that in that avatar pic?

that's cute!
laugh.gif
but it does show you how much (some) men pay attention!
ohwell.gif
but still, for your hubby, treat him to a few extra glamorous moments
bdance.gif
to keep the fires burning!
love.gif
dinner.gif

does a rollerset and doobie give you the same effects? it does for me...

I understand. I get the same reaction when I get my hair pressed and the first few days, Pow! My boyfirend is playing in my hair and I end up sweating it out. Then it becomes a frizzy mess. I'm lucky though because he also likes braids on me also.

Nissi, I may have to try that sometimes. Actually he wants me to go to the Dominicans to have it blown out every week
smile.gif

He is obsessed with straight hair!

I hear that all husbands want their wives to be a Supermodel/Stepford wife 24 hours a day
laugh.gif

My hubby is pretty tolerant, but doen't like me wearing phonytails.
My sister made an offhand comment to me yesterday. Whe asked me when I was going to get my hair done. I do my hair all the time and it looks fine. But I've been airdrying, so it doesn't have that smooth press that DSD's man was referring to. It kind of hurt my feelings, b/c I'm doing the best I can to maintain healthy and good looking hair w/o heat.

He understands that heat doesn't get me where I want to go. He walks past pictures of me every day when my hair was bra strap length and healthy. So I give him that reminder then he gets all recharged. He's incredibly supportive of my hair health choices so it's easy. But I haven't straightened my hair (even though I've been dying too) b/c I don't want him to start requesting it. Lately he's been telling me to wear my hair down more or in a ponytail, b/c the braid outs and air drying hide my length. But he only gets that at home and it's still brief. When my braid outs are long enough to put in a nice long ponytail, he'll be happy that he waited and left me alone!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Nissi, I may have to try that sometimes. Actually he wants me to go to the Dominicans to have it blown out every week
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well DSD, I am with you, I can't get with that blow drying heat in my hair that the Dominicans like. Too much damage/dryness, and I have oily hair! One way a Spanish girl taught me to counteract the blowdrying is to do an overnight oil treatment the night before you go to the salon. Her hair is beautiful but sometimes i do notice breakage in random parts of her edges, so I ain't too impressed!
nono.gif
The oil treatments the night before are the bomb though...
smile.gif

But if he likes bone straight flat ironed look, maybe my rollerset/doobie/"no blow mami"/"no pins mami" look would have too much body for him (i like body). But many times it looks pretty straight, so try it.

and remember:
bdance.gif
ain't you from new birth? bishop long: "what delilah knew"
laugh.gif
!

Husbands are funny.
I did protective styles for months on end and dh never saw it down. One day we were going somewhere and I was taking a shower and washing my hair. He was knocking on the door and urging me to hurry up so we wouldn't be late.
I put a towel on and opened the bathroom door. When he saw my hair falling a little past my shoulders (for the first time in my life) he was stunned. "Your hair looks nice" was all he could say. I think he forgot we were even on our way somewhere!
rofl.gif

... And yeah I did it on purpose!
grin.gif

DSD, that's so sweet of your husband. and girl, you must really be dedicated to some protective styling since he didn't know it was you!! how long has it been since he's seen yo hurr??
grin.gif

my SO loves long hair. he even tries to check me on things, when i didn't think he's been paying attention to my madness... "didn't you wear your hair straight last week? isn't that too much heat so soon?" and of course i'm like "minda ya business, bruh!"
laugh.gif

i think the greatest moment in my entire journey is when my ex-husband came to visit my son. it happened to be on a day when i had my hair down. he doesn't visit often. why did that idiot walk by me making a horse sound (implying that i had a weave)??? girrrrl, the look on his face after he did a track check (you know i made him do one, right?)...
hit.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
DSD, that's so sweet of your husband. and girl, you must really be dedicated to some protective styling since he didn't know it was you!! how long has it been since he's seen yo hurr??
grin.gif

my SO loves long hair. he even tries to check me on things, when i didn't think he's been paying attention to my madness... "didn't you wear your hair straight last week? isn't that too much heat so soon?" and of course i'm like "minda ya business, bruh!"
laugh.gif

i think the greatest moment in my entire journey is when my ex-husband came to visit my son. it happened to be on a day when i had my hair down. he doesn't visit often. why did that idiot walk by me making a horse sound (implying that i had a weave)??? girrrrl, the look on his face after he did a track check (you know i made him do one, right?)...
hit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl--I wish I could've been a fly on the wall at your house
laugh.gif
That must've felt awesome!

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
grin.gif

laugh.gif

hit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nissi said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well DSD, I am with you, I can't get with that blow drying heat in my hair that the Dominicans like. Too much damage/dryness, and I have oily hair! One way a Spanish girl taught me to counteract the blowdrying is to do an overnight oil treatment the night before you go to the salon. Her hair is beautiful but sometimes i do notice breakage in random parts of her edges, so I ain't too impressed!
nono.gif
The oil treatments the night before are the bomb though...
smile.gif

But if he likes bone straight flat ironed look, maybe my rollerset/doobie/"no blow mami"/"no pins mami" look would have too much body for him (i like body). But many times it looks pretty straight, so try it.

and remember:
bdance.gif
ain't you from new birth? bishop long: "what delilah knew"
laugh.gif
!

[/ QUOTE ]
I like body. I don't think he would mind body. He likes my hair to swing.

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

awwwwwwwwwwwww, that's so sweet
lu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said: i think the greatest moment in my entire journey is when my ex-husband came to visit my son. it happened to be on a day when i had my hair down. he doesn't visit often. why did that idiot walk by me making a horse sound (implying that i had a weave)??? girrrrl, the look on his face after he did a track check (you know i made him do one, right?)...
hit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
I'm mad he's making animal noises!!!
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
grin.gif

laugh.gif

hit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Adrienne! I was dedicated up until recently but I almost never wear my hair straight. I try to avoid heat completely. I think it has been too long since he has seen my hair straight. But that pic was also "hot off the press" if you know what I mean! lol He is a sweetie though. He would pay for me to have it looking like that 100% of the time!

That story about your ex is so funny. That is just like a man. I know he misses your gorgeous self with your gorgeous hair. He probably fell to the floor after the track check!!

Men will never understand fully what we are trying to do. They just want to see the results!!

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
That's so cute.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! And it was funny too! I thought my husband new me very well. lol

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
grin.gif

laugh.gif

hit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you showed his tail, huh?
laugh.gif

Girl, did you make the sound of a Jackazz when he didn't find any tracks?? HEE-HAW! HEE-HAW! HEE-HAW!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
grin.gif

laugh.gif

hit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
queenofmean68 said:
Girl, did you make the sound of a Jackazz when he didn't find any tracks?? HEE-HAW! HEE-HAW! HEE-HAW!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
grin.gif

laugh.gif

hit.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope she did!lol

Back