Why are we avoiding cones again?

CodeRed

I was avoiding them because I was on an almost no-poo regimen last year. I started one about a month ago though that includes shampoo with ever wash so cones won't really be a problem but I really just prefer them in my leave in to seal in the moisture from my deep conditioning.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
I only use products (well I should say rinse out conditioners) with water soluble cones if any. The "hard" cones build up on my strands and block moisture so I only use those when I flat iron my hair. I use a sulfate free shampoo and that washes away the soft cones with no problem.

I say do what works for your hair. I didn't avoid cones in the beginning and I felt like my hair was ALWAYS dry. But, I know some women have no problem with them at all.

ChocolatePie777

Personally since I avoid shampoos all together and only use natural cleansers... cones dont make sense.....unless you are using conventional products the long term effects are only detrimental

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I use cones when I'm using any kind of heat. Otherwise, there is no use for me to use cones like I got it like that. When my hair wasn't healthy, I couldn't use them at all. Now I can, but only as a heat protectant.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

EnExitStageLeft

I use cones when I'm using any kind of heat. Otherwise, there is no use for me to use cones like I got it like that. When my hair wasn't healthy, I couldn't use them at all. Now I can, but only as a heat protectant.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Exactly, I recently reintroduced cones back into my regimen, but only for heat styling. Other then that they're useless.

Ogoma

I am testing out cones this month. If it works, I will re-introduce it back into my hair life. The only exceptions would be moisturizers that I reapply multiple times a week and shampoos because I need to do more research on that. I read something on cones in shampoos and can't find the article again.

BlaqKitty

I avoid them bc I no longer use shampoo on my hair, and after going back and forth i find CG is the best thing for my curls.