Why can't my hair keep the colour

zigzag1

I have lots of grey hair and now I have to colour it every 2 weeks (3 at a stretch) with sta sof fro hair colour.. On first wash most of the colour is gone. I use aphogee treeatment every 6 weeks followed by aphogee balancing moistuiser. Use hair mayo, lekair conditioners. Aloe rid shampoo for build up, CON shampoo or uplifting shampoo. Daily I use either WGO, SCurl and Profectiv break free(I notice the colour on my hand when I use this product). The colour just won't stay. What am I doing wrong? I have stopped using the break free and would welcome any suggestions for a product similar to this as i love the texture of this and it helps with the breakage. My hair type is natural 4a/b.

TIA

PS Can someone tell me where the other gremlins have gone

The hair dye is a permanent powder formula by sta sof fro no peroxide no ammonia. This is mixed with water and I let stay on the hair for 30 mins. The colour is jet black.

Thanks

Well I heard that some shampoos and conditioners fade colors faster than ones that are specifically made for color treated hair. I never knew that Sta Sof Fro made a hair dye. Have you thought about switching brands like to Bigen or L'Oreal?

I use Bigen Oriental Black powder. I switched to this after using Textures and Tones Silken Black for some time. The T&T cream color was beautiful but it didn't last long, two weeks at the most. The Bigen lasts about a month.

Thanks for the replies and advice. I'll give the Bigen a try. Hope you all have had a good christmas and have a good new year.

Back