Why did Marshalls have relaxer kits?????????

gymfreak336

Okay, so me and my mother just got back from Marshalls this morning. We were looking through the soaps and lotions when I saw a relaxer kit.

They had TONS of relaxer kits....the pink oil relaxer, ORS olive oil relaxers....they had cream of nature shampoo sets that came with some lottabody, ors olive oil and carrot creams and they even had HUGE pump bottles of Pink oil.

MizzBrown

I don't know if i would trust it. Usually Marshalls, TJ Maxx is just a collecting store of all the leftover merchandise from other stores which might be slightly flawed, discontinued, or NEAR expiration date.

So how long does stuff sit on the shelf in stores before it hits TJ Maxx & Marshalls? That's scary.

SweetCaramel1

i don't know why but that's funny to me. i wouldn't dare buy a relaxer from marshalls.

i'd buy the pink lotion if i used it though :look:

gimbap

They have that stuff @ my local Marshall's as well. And the prices are actually HIGHER than the prices at my local BSS.

texasqt

I don't know if i would trust it. Usually Marshalls, TJ Maxx is just a collecting store of all the leftover merchandise from other stores which might be slightly flawed, discontinued, or NEAR expiration date.

So how long does stuff sit on the shelf in stores before it hits TJ Maxx & Marshalls? That's scary.

My thoughts exactly...

glamazon386

I saw those in Marshall's last week and it made me raise an eyebrow. They were right in the front of the store like gift sets or something.

envybeauty

Okay, so me and my mother just got back from Marshalls this morning. We were looking through the soaps and lotions when I saw a relaxer kit.

They had TONS of relaxer kits....the pink oil relaxer, ORS olive oil relaxers....they had cream of nature shampoo sets that came with some lottabody, ors olive oil and carrot creams and they even had HUGE pump bottles of Pink oil.

Amen. It is about time a mainstream retailer (sally does not count) carries products for Black hair (and yes I know a few clear people use it too but still). I am tired of clear people thinking most black people are born with hair this straight and then putting all sorts of ish out there about afros being political statements. :rolleyes:

Evazhair

I don't know how late I am, but Marshalls here is selling aloxi peroxide, also. This morining I saw pink lotion relaxer, ors relaxer and ors mayo , carrot oil/olive oil in jar, and olive oil moisturizing lotion in the bottle. I was like ummmm......
and the kicker is it was in a white area. I'm like who is coming to TJ maxx to buy some drugstore/grocery products? they looked pretty old too:nono:

janeemat

I was in Marshalls about 3 wks ago in the same section you were in and I noticed they had tons of relaxers. It took me by surprise as well.

gymfreak336

I used to work at TJMaxx in the jewerly department. Basically TJMaxx buys inventory from other places that A. didn't sell what they thought they could or B. Bought too much and needed to get rid of back stock. That is why you would sometimes see the same product for different prices...it came from a different source. One time we got a truck load of bliss body butters. The first shipment had them for 14 bucks, the second had them for 12. Customers wanted price adjustments and where wondering why the cost was different. The first shipment came from a bliss retailer that ordered too much and knew they couldn't sell it all. The second shipment came from a different bliss retailer that ended up stop sellling bliss all togther so it was cheaper to get their entire stock.

berry87

If you ladies are finding these items in different cities across the country, it could very well be a type of marketing strategy with these companies:ohwell:
I remember two or so years back when nexxus and other salon lines became available in walmart, etc :ohwell:

Last edited:

SmartyPants

I put all kinds of things on my hair. But, NO WAY IN HELL do I put a relaxer from Marshall's or TJ Maxx on my hair.:nono: Ain't gonna do it!:nono: