Why Do I Praise Him?

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Tuesday, March 22, 2010 Print Article
Leave a Comment
Why Do I Praise Him?
Pastor Marvin Moss
As you begin this new day, take a moment to focus on the question, "Why do I praise Him?"
In this climate of layoffs and economic hardship, it's easy to become focused on the mess in our lives. However, we need to focus on the message that comes through the mess. Through God's loving-kindness and mercies we can turn our turmoil into testimonies. We must know and rest on the fact that regardless of whatever life throws our way, God is there for us, guiding us through.
Probably one of the most difficult things for Christians is to praise him when we are going through the fire; but in life we have to go through the fire to become purified. It's like in Chaka Khan's classic song. She talks about going to the limit, to the wall.... I have a question for you: Are you willing to go through the fire to get to the other side?
1 Peter 1:7 is a great example of going through the fires of life. He reminds us "These trials are only to test your faith... It's (faith) being tested as fire tests and purifies gold.... "This scripture is so relevant to many of us today; many of us who find ourselves going through the fires of life. Think about the trials we face: the job that's about to end; a bad doctor's report; a foreclosure or bankruptcy; a failed relationship.
What I want to remind you today is this: Don't let life or its circumstances pull you away from God or the things of God. What we must focus on in the midst of the trial is not just what's happening to us, but what's happening in us. God is using the heat of the fire to mold us, to shape us and create in us a pure heart and right spirit.
So my sister, my brother, stop wondering if your prayers are being answered. Stop second-guessing God's promises for your life. Don't doubt and give in to the tricks of the enemy. Yes, you may have lost your job. Yes, your situation may have you down. Yes you may have received a poor medical report; but why not change the ending? Yes, you may have lost your job, but God will provide all of your needs. Yes, you may be depressed, but He will be your comforter. Yes you may be sick, but God is a Healer- Jehovah Rophe!
This is why we praise Him! Because despite whatever life throws our way, our God is there to pull us through. We shouldn't just praise God in the good times, because as we all know life is not always a bed of roses. Why do I praise Him? I praise Him because He is so good; because He is faithful; because He always sees me through; because He is my Father; because I love Him.
Instead of concentrating on the negative in your life, thank God for giving you life, health, and strength. Put up the dishes from your pity party; put on the full armor of God; and keep it moving! Encourage yourself in the Lord!