Why do they even MAKE products like these?

Auburn

Not only do they give us all the ingredients..showing we can make it ourselves but they set it for an outrageous price. :rolleyes: Come look.

http://www.longhairlovers.com/rare_hair_oil.html

Anyone have similar products they want to add? Not just products you dont like but bs products or waaaay overpriced products.

ETA: I hope this isn't offensive or anything but I saw a testimonial from a user here.

LONGHAIRLOVERS LUXE LEAVE-IN TREATMENT
"I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR PRODUCT!!!I am an African American woman with 3c/4a relaxed hair. This product literally makes my hair velvety soft, bouncy and strong at the same time; and it detangles my hair immediately upon contact. Even my hair dresser noticed the difference as she was applying it to my hair. This product has the perfect mix of humectants, emollients, essential oils, and proteins. I did not need to add anything to the formula to make it more effective on my hair. This truly is the best leave-in product I have ever used on my hair thus far, and it is well on its way to becoming my holy-grail leave-in conditioner....Thank you for making this product and PLEASE PLEASE do not ever stop making it. "
--SherryLove from The Long Hair Care Forum: The Ultimate Hair Care & Beauty Resource For Women of Color.

I would like to know if this was really her review. Either way she answers, the price is still too steep for me.

Last edited:
Not only do they give us all the ingredients..showing we can make it ourselves but they set it for an outrageous price. :rolleyes: Come look.

http://www.longhairlovers.com/rare_hair_oil.html

Anyone have similar products they want to add? Not just products you dont like but bs products or waaaay overpriced products.

Yeah, I've seen that before. For that price and supposed benefits, folks need to be drinking it to live to 300 years old...skip the hair!:lachen: Wash it out in the morning? Sheeeoooottttt...that bad boy would stay in my scalp and be rebuilt upon for an entire year before I'd even do a co-wash.

I think that was SherryLove's real review. I'm pretty sure she has the product in her siggy, or used to.

And wasn't Long Hair Lover's the one with the big brouhaha a couple months ago? They were selling it for super cheap somewhere but it turns out it was a different formula or something.

*It generally takes up to 12 weeks to see a change in hair growth and texture. Please be patient - your hair will thank you for it!

...so

I'm guessing they want customers to purchase 3-4 oz bottles to last all 12 weeks :ohwell:

*It generally takes up to 12 weeks to see a change in hair growth and texture. Please be patient - your hair will thank you for it!

...so

I'm guessing they want customers to purchase 3-4 oz bottles to last all 12 weeks :ohwell:

84 days hmmm... I wonder how many drops are in an ouce. :scratchch

A lot of the time folks are too lazy to do something themselves. Which is why there are so many products whose active ingredients are stuff from your kitchen or basic supermarket. They sell b/c people don't want to make the effort to purchase and combine all the ingredients themselves.

The price point is an individual thing, I think. I won't pay more that $30 for a pair of jeans. I don't care WHO makes them or why. For a lot of people paying $60 - $200 for a "good" pair of jeans is totally worth it. *shrug*

I don't consider myself lazy. I can make it myself, but I really don't know how to get the supplies of oils or butters needed. For instance, there are some that know the science of making their products. I am not. Also, some people are getting $ from what they make so they can charge that price.:look: I can't condone spending 400$ for 4 ounces.:nono: That is a gyp if you ask me. We're in a recession, people!:rolleyes::ohwell:

At least when I looked at SJ's post about the FHI Runway, my shock at the price was overcome by her reviews. This one....I just can't wrap my head around.

The hairoil is very expensive, but it seems Sherry's review is on the leave in and is only $25.00 (which is a little steep) but some of my phyto products are in this price range as well. I may actually try it on day...The Leave In that is...I'm not the hair oil.

Last edited:
HA HA HA HA :lachen::lachen::lachen:!! These fools have lost their everloving minds. I would love to know who they actually tricked into purchasing this oil cause i have an nigerian scam-mail i can forward to them...see if they can get rich quick :shocked:

Back