• As a protective style only

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I have a medical condition - alopecia, cancer, other

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I'm hiding from the Po-Po

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am a 42 year old mom of 3 and wigs help me keep it new and different. I love changing it up. Keeping it sexy. Some days my husband doesn't know which wife is coming to bed, LOL.

So why do you wear wigs?

Please join my newly created social group Wig-a-licious! Where we can share tips, tricks and wig styling secrets.

Last edited:

authormom

Okay I am :lachen: at the "hiding from po po" poll option! LOL!

I haven't started YET but will get my first LF this weekend. And I plan on using ad a PS. I realize on my journey to MBL I HAVE to stay outta my head! LOL.

GreenD

I wear wigs as it's the best option for protecting my hair right now. I'd wear my hair braided/out but I wash it too often so a braided style wouldn't really last long. I like how I can still take care of my hair underneath, and rock a cute bob on top. Nothing really interferes with my growth.

JJamiah

I love to change my style and this offers me the option to change with out it being permanent :)

kandake

I don't wear them on the regular any more but I started wearing wigs to hide my hair while I was growing out my short haircut. I wore them daily for almost a year.

DarkChyld

Some days I want to rip my hair out, hit it with some shears, or worse get a relaxer. So wearing wigs gives me a temporary option to a temporary problem. I've recently been getting sick of wigs. 2 out of 3 of my wigs are on their way out of the door. I've just been unable to detangle them anymore and plus they're a 1B and I'm a 2. So it's time to find something new. My other wig is a LF synthetic that I love but am having issues since the heat wave that hit Cali, in blending well.

MizAvalon

Because I work out all week and no style will hold. Also, they are a great protective style. I can workout and sweat as hard as I like and still have my "hair" on point at all times.:yep:

winnettag

3 reasons:
1. Convenience (super fast to toss on a wig in the morning and go!)
2. Protective styling
3. I can change the cut & color whenever I want (two things I will NEVER do to my own hair.)

I love wigs.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I started wearing half wigs as a protective style,but then I realized how convenient they are, just pin on and go :yep:

I've had to stop till October, its way too hot here for wigs now. Esp since I wear a du-rag underneath.

SelfStyled

Half wig queen, busy mother of 3, I work FT, and workout at least 5x a week. I wash frequently and half wigs are just so convenient for me. I get bored easily, so I do switch up my wigs and also use other protective styles as well.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
I wear them to protect and grow out my hair. And its saving me money from not getting my hair weaved all the time less expensive.

Imani

I am transitioning and my hair is really short. I wear it straight on the weekends, but during the week I work out and I sweat really hard, so I wear a half wig.

Right now I'm going into braids and have been eyeballing a few cute full wigs at that new big beauty supply store at Greenbriar (for u ATL ladies). I might graduate to full wigs during the week once I'm out of braids.

RedVelvet310

I'm protecting my hair.. I wear half wigs so only the front of my hair is exposed to the elements and heat. I have been doing this consecutively now for about a month. I straightened the back last week and I noticed growth! (Not sure how much, I don't measure I just know it's longer) I'm planning on doing this for the rest of the summer and see how much growth I get.. if anything I will go back to doing it for the rest of the year :grin:

lushlady

Primarily, so I can sleep for 10 minutes longer in the morning. But it is a great protective style and I do take care of my hair while wearing them.

bluediamond0829

I wear half wigs as protective styles and its a lot cheaper than a weave. I can take it off once I get home or in the mornings when I go to workout I dont really have to worry about how hard I workout or my hair being messy and what I'm going to do for work.

Duchesse

Nothing is better to me than throwing a wig on, and coming home and snatching it off. No combing my own hair for weeks, I can wash as often as I want but not have to deal with styling my own hair, I can satisfy my inner change-aholic without doing anything drastic to my own hair, and my own hair grows wonderfully while braided underneath. I love wigs!

MizAvalon

Just received a beautiful synthetic lacefront in the mail today. It's by Freetress and the name of it is Susan. Very, very long like the ones Naomi Campbell wears, I love it! :grin:

DrC

Protective styling. I discovered sew ins and weaves this year of 2010. Loved it and never looked back lol.

thanks for being the first to take the survey! I laughed myself when I came up with option 4 of the survey. Three questions just seemed to short. Good luck with your challenge!

@DarkChyld somedays I feel the same way. If the wigs you are about to discard are human hair wigs, have you considered cutting them shorter into a new style. It gives new life to the wig and no more tangling, for a while anyway.

Thanks to all who have taken the poll. This was interesting. I really thought more women were wearing them to change their style up, like accessories. But, it is more about protective styling. I guess that makes sense in this forum.

Thanks for sharing!

Shananyganz

I love to change my style without the commitment and in the same token, I am able to protective style. Wigs are a simple fix to a bad hair day...just baggy and slap that bad boy on! A MAJOR plus is I can get scissor happy if I want to and there are no tears of shock involved. I clearly can go on!!

But really...some days, I am just plain LAZY!!

~S~

Poopiedo

I like it because I can look good in an instant. I work out during the work week so I can sweat as much as I like, hop in the shower, cowash, add leave in and my oils, throw my wig on (also known as my girl)....instant cuteness and I'm out the door. My wigs are considered an accessory just like my jewelry. Certain wigs go with certain outfits.

My hair has grown so much because of the moisture I can give my hair on a daily basis. I will never be without a wig. Also a great thing about a wig is when it's raining and I don't have an umbrella, I'm like so what? I just keep it moving. I don't have to worry about curls falling and hair frizzing due to humidity. I will never be without my girls. They love me and I love them. I usually buy four at a time when I go to the bss and it last me for quite a while.

VirtuousBeauty

I like being able to change my hair up when I want without going through the effort myself. Especially since my hair isn't long enough or I'm not skilled enough to get that look on my own at the moment. I only have 1 half wig right now, but I just bought 2 more today. Plan on wearing one for this event I have that i'll be out all day for