• I have a medical condition - alopecia, cancer, other

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I'm hiding from the Po-Po

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
umm...so i'm definitely not a wig wearer. but i've been kinda interested in them recently. can i ask you guys a few questions?
-do you workout with your wig on? is it weird that i'm worried about seeing ppl earlier in the day with long straight hair, and then seeing the same ppl in the gym with my rusty cornrows??:look:
-during "sleepovers"...do you take it off, leave it on, etc?? i just can't imagine feeling sexy with rough looking cornrows, even covered by a cute scarf or whatever...:nono:

umm...so i'm definitely not a wig wearer. but i've been kinda interested in them recently. can i ask you guys a few questions?
-do you workout with your wig on? is it weird that i'm worried about seeing ppl earlier in the day with long straight hair, and then seeing the same ppl in the gym with my rusty cornrows??:look:
-during "sleepovers"...do you take it off, leave it on, etc?? i just can't imagine feeling sexy with rough looking cornrows, even covered by a cute scarf or whatever...:nono:

- i don't work out in my wig simply b/c it is too hot! i wear a bandana on the gym floor or a hat.
-if I am having a "sleepover" I would add extra barbie pins, LOL. and no, keep it on! you may want to twist it up in a bun or something so it is not a tangled mess in the morning. hope that helps

winnettag

- i don't work out in my wig simply b/c it is too hot! i wear a bandana on the gym floor or a hat.
-if I am having a "sleepover" I would add extra barbie pins, LOL. and no, keep it on! you may want to twist it up in a bun or something so it is not a tangled mess in the morning. hope that helps

Yea, Rocky91, my answers are the same as Always Searching's. :yep: And I was wondering the exact same questions. :grin:
I wear a scarf at the gym and leave it on for "sleepovers" with extra bobby pins or tying a scarf around it like you would a headband then putting it in a bun.

Lady S

I love the ease (I have a lot of thick hair and it's a huge pain in the butt trying to style it all the time) and being able to switch up styles. You can do weird colors or try out styles you never thought you would. I can have straight hair w/out relaxing it, red hair w/out dying it, etc. I can be bra strap length in second. :grin:

Poopiedo

I don't workout in my wig. I also don't workout in a gym. All of my equipment is at home. I clip my hair up and I'm ready to work out.

When I stayed over DH's house before we were married, I wore sew ins and I never wore a scarf or satin bonnet around him. Now several years later, my 12 weeks post hair is tied up in a black satin scarf as I type and my wig is on the counter in my bathroom full of products.

VirtuousBeauty

I plan on wearing half wigs consistently until December probably when I have my reveal. This way since I'm SL I can have hair out without worrying about the whole brushing up on clothes thing.

My question is for those that wear half wigs, If I have a cornrow across the front of my head and at the back for the wig comb to go through my hair should still be fine right?

dancinstallion

ITA with the both of you. I use a wig as a protective style while I am using my growth aides. I wear twists or braids underneath because it is easier to apply and easier to wash my braids then put on a wig.

Also I can wear a cute short wig with color. Then I would wear my hair flat ironed later and everyone is always shocked at how long my hair is. So I like to hide my hair to keep people thinking I don't have hair. Then when they my hair they are blown away.
I wear wigs as it's the best option for protecting my hair right now. I'd wear my hair braided/out but I wash it too often so a braided style wouldn't really last long. I like how I can still take care of my hair underneath, and rock a cute bob on top. Nothing really interferes with my growth.

3 reasons:
1. Convenience (super fast to toss on a wig in the morning and go!)
2. Protective styling
3. I can change the cut & color whenever I want (two things I will NEVER do to my own hair.)

I love wigs.

Beverly Ann Properties

My hair thrives under a wig, plus it keeps me from manipulating my hair on a daily basis. I grew my hair 6 months straight under my wig and plan on going back to my wigs this fall through winter. I am sure it will get me to BSL.

Anew

Great protective style. I cannot wear a weave too long, I have to be able to feel all of my hair. I like that I can take it off soon as I get home as opposed to waiting a month or so before taking down an install. Plus its cheaper

silenttullip

Okay I was one of the four to choose hiding from the popo I couldn't resist roflmao
I use them for two reasons: don't want to scare my clients because they've never seen my real hair, and because the only styles I know how to do at my length are twists and braids and I don't think the styles suit me, now when I get like mbl I'll rock twistouts if my scalp will allow me too but I probably have until 2014 for all of that

Another reason I like wigs is becau owered, fully dressed, make-up on, hair/wig done in 30 mins. Time saved by rocking wigs have diverted a many a fights between hubby and I.

nappystorm

The first two. I don't wig often because I'm too lazy to wrangle my hair down but I bought 3 to wear on vacation next month.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Convenient especially when on vacay or a rainy day. Plus it gives me the freedom of swang without damaging my hair. They are an accessory and are fashionable.

JFemme

I've seen such cute ones lately Imma venture out to buy a few very soon...

I work out alot so it must be versatile...

Any suggestions ladies..

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Because I work out all week and no style will hold. Also, they are a great protective style. I can workout and sweat as hard as I like and still have my "hair" on point at all times.:yep:

This is my main reason for wearing wigs, also most days I just dont like dealing with my hair, so this works perfect for me.

Jewell

I have a few reasons:

1) I like to change my look without damaging or spending hrs on my hair
2) I want to grow my hair out and protect it from damage while I transition...
3) I enjoy the beautiful styles and textures on the market...its more convenient for me to wear a wig than deal with my own hair each day...I'm usually too tired or too busy to style daily anyway!
4) I love the fact that I can protect my hair underneath and still look fly...I don't have to spend hrs in a salon or lots of $ for a nice style...I can just pop on one of my wigs or use a lil $ to get a new one...I've had wigs last me over 6 yrs (still have them) so I definitely get my money out of them!

lea86111

cause it's easy! Lol i can cowash my hair whenever without having to worry about styling my hair. Sometimes i don't even have to moisturize, just keep it wet under the wig! :yep: plus i feel like my hair is way too short and am waiting for APL and then i'll rock braidouts.

DarkHair

I'm able to PS during the winter.
I'm also able to discreetly do an overnight DC without anyone noticing.
I feel 'interesting' having the ability to change my hair.
I like putting on my BT, massaging my scalp, putting on my hair and leaving.
After my texlax gets 'old' (usually after a week or two) then I switch to my wigs and buns.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I plan on wearing half wigs consistently until December probably when I have my reveal. This way since I'm SL I can have hair out without worrying about the whole brushing up on clothes thing.

My question is for those that wear half wigs, If I have a cornrow across the front of my head and at the back for the wig comb to go through my hair should still be fine right?
yes. cornrow across the front and back will protect you from the combs in the wig. i do this and put the rest of my hair in two ponytail braids and pin them up.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i love my half wigs because i workout alot and i like to workout every day.....the sweat does not make for a cute hairstyle and i don't have time or patience for hair styling daily, nor do i like wearing a ponytail or bun all the time.

also i love half wigs as a protective style.

my stylist likes to joke that i have "show" hair....like men have "show" cars that they keep in a garage and only drive on special occasions so they can protect it.

i wear my own hair for special occasions only. i like to protect it.
:)