Why does gray hair grow out straight?

zoj2

I'm only 21 yet I pull out at least one gray hair every two weeks. The gray hairs look as if they were relaxed...does anyone know why this happens?

Gray hair is typically a different texture from the rest of your hair. It may grow in with more texture as it gets longer, but it is usually coarse.

Honey, those grays are a whole 'nother species of hair!!
They are stronger, more resistant to ANY process you do, be it relax, perm, color, press, curl- whatever!!
I hate 'em, I hate 'em I hate 'em!!
As soon as I color the grays, within days- less than a week- they are pushing off the color and showing through again!!:mad:

mermaid said:
They are stronger, more resistant to ANY process you do, be it relax, perm, color, press, curl- whatever!!
As soon as I color the grays, within days- less than a week- they are pushing off the color and showing through again!!:mad:
Mermaid, you hit it right on the head! :lol:

mermaid said:

Well in that case, bring on the gray hairs!! :lol:

zoj2 said:
I'm only 21 yet I pull out at least one gray hair every two weeks. The gray hairs look as if they were relaxed...does anyone know why this happens?

Gray hairs just like to "call you out"! :lol: I have one that I pull everytime I see it. When it grows, I somehow never notice it until it's about 2-3" long. At that point it sticks up like :wave: !! It will not lay down with the rest of my hair. It drives me nuts!! :mad:

Like Mermaid said, it's an entirely different species.

I am now at a medium sized afro now and all of a sudden the other day here is this long straight gray hair sticking out from it. I just stood there and stared in the mirror in disbelief as to how straight it was! :shocked: It looked like a piece of wire had been stuck in my head. The ouch when I pulled it out let me know that it was real.

mermaid said:

Thank you!I thoughtit was just me! That is why I have not bought any MTG yet. I'm afraid my color touchup will only last a day!!!:lol: I still want to try the MTG though.What brand color do you use?I useTextures &Tones. I'm considering trying Herbal Essence though.

Back