Why Hasn't Anyone Told Me?!?!?!

ComfortablyNumb

Why Hasn\'t Anyone Told Me?!?!?!

Why hasn't anyone told me that the creme of nature shampoo is like the best stuff ever. I don't even need conditioner. This was better than conditioner. Much softer. I usually use heavy products on my hair to weigh down the curls a little and I didn't even need but a dab of extra product. I am in love!!!!

Okay, I was wondering if it would be safe to wash my hair with this stuff everday. (I used the one in the white green and yellow bottle)

adrienne0914

Re: Why Hasn\'t Anyone Told Me?!?!?!

why folks keeping stuff from you huh?
LOL! i'm glad it worked for you, CN! i also use and like that one. i don't use it much anymore since the KeraCare because it works about the same, but i love the KeraCare smell more. i think it is safe to use daily, but if you're at least rinsing daily, that much shampoo may not be necessary. unless you're exercising heavily or something, the scalp doesn't need that much shampoo. do you ever do conditioner rinses?

ComfortablyNumb

I have tried conditioner rinses before but nothing has ever left my hair feeling as soft as this. I like it better than conditioner. So that's why I was considering using it often.

adrienne0914

okay, if it works, i say go for it! but if you find that your hair starts to rebel, cut it back to every other day or so.

marabou1

ComfortablyNumb:

I'm just laughing at your question because I was wondering the same thing last week!

I remember using it a few times years ago, and I can't understand why I forgot how incredibly soft it would make my hair.

I've been raving about the QP conditioning shampoo, but I honestly think I'll put Creme of nature up there too! Love it!!!

pebbles

Hey Kia,

The Cream of Nature for Dry, Brittle or Color treated hair (white, green and yellow bottle) doesn't contain SLS, but the CON Extra Body Forumla does. HTH

Kiadodie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pebbles said:
Hey Kia,

The Cream of Nature for Dry, Brittle or Color treated hair (white, green and yellow bottle) doesn't contain SLS, but the CON Extra Body Forumla does. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Pebbles! I always forget which one is without the SLS. I remember I used to use this one a long time ago and I didn't have to put any conditioner on afterwards..it was great

pebbles

No problem Kia.
I love the CON shampoo for dry, brittle hair. I think it's an excellent shampoo.

UmSumayyah

Lots of pp. love CON. It was the recs and raves on this board that made me go out and get it again after years of not using. I don't know why I stopped. Probably just got to college and started experimenting, and forgot all about it.
There's treasures to be had here, but it means going thru old posts and doing a loooooot of reaaaaaading...

Peachtree

the creme of nature shampoo is like the best stuff ever

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree...it's the bomb
!!!

Kiadodie

Do you guys usually condition after you wash with this shampoo? I haven't used it in more than 5 years but I don't remember using a conditioner?

foxybronx

I do because i am a scaredy cat (I am scared to shampoo without conditioning) but IMO it does such a great job at detangling and conditioning that you don't need another conditioenr.

beana3

I've experimented w/ Breakthru (which is comparable), Profectiv shamp, and Mizani and nothing has left my hair softer. Currently i'm on the no poo routine but i will be buying a big bottle which should last me a few years. Plus even though i like the Breakthru, its too pricey and this works a lil better anyway.

jazzyfunknastee

ComfortablyNumb said:
Why hasn't anyone told me that the creme of nature shampoo is like the best stuff ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we ain't want you to buy it all up

daviine

jazzyfunknastee said:
ComfortablyNumb said:
Why hasn't anyone told me that the creme of nature shampoo is like the best stuff ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we ain't want you to buy it all up

[/ QUOTE ]

Jazzy--You are a bonafide clown---and what makes it even funnier is that I can actually see you and hear you saying this.

Seriously though, I love CON (for dry and brittle hair). I have been using it since 1993. I use other shampoos which I find comparable every once in a while for the purpose of variety such as Keracare Hydrating Detangling and Breakthru. Since I've been using it so long, I decided to clarify my hair 1x a month as well as do ACV rinses just in case the conditioning component leaves buildup.

I still remember the first time I used it.....I kept rinsing my hair becasue my hair had so much slip (didn't know that that's what it was called back then)that I thought that I hadn't rinsed the shampoo out.

It's definitely my all time favorite shampoo.
I hardly even read shampoo reviews for that reason. Now if only I could find a conditioner that I felt equally as passionate about.

Jade21

Pebbles,

I didn't realize there was an Extra Body formula.

I like the Creme of Nature, too. My vote is for the professional series in the red and creme bottle for normal hair. I enjoy it a lot. I've always wanted to try the herbal formula. I've smelled it and it's very nice

Jazz is right: we did not want you to buy it all!

~Jade~

I love this shampoo too and use it every now and again. I gave a bottle to my Mum who was on vacation in NY for 2 weeks last year and she told me when she went back home (St.Lucia) she brought it to her salon and the stylist washing her hair said 'what shampoo is this? usually my hands don't go through your hair so easy to detangle it but they do now' Mum told her she got it in New York and made sure she left WITH the shampoo of course

Its a fantastic and cheap product.

pebbles

Hi Jade,

Yes, it's in the white and blue bottle. I've never tried the CON for normal hair. I'll have to check it out someday.