Why my hair didnt progress in April

Sieda

Happy Friday Ladies!

Why my hair didn't progress last month:

I felt that I had to do an assessment on why I did not see progress in my hair last month. I opted not to blame my regimen/ products.

**5 Reasons I did not see progress in April:

1. I neglected to dust/ trim - I WAS not a trimmer…EVER. I have a hair license and have had one for 9 years, but, I have never been a trimmer (with regards to my own hair). My ends were split and ended up splitting up my hair shaft. I will now loose 3-4 inches in some areas.

2. I went to a Dominican salon to get a blowout (out of impatience and mere want to see if I progressed) and this prompted my split ends disaster with the tension that was used.

3. I neglected to drink 37+ ounces of water each day.

4. I only worked out sporadically.

5. I worried a lot in April ...about nothing.

The purpose of this post is for me to verbalize the fact that I take full ownership of my hair pitfalls for the month of April.

Thanks for reading.

Ivy Santolina

Thanks for sharing your experience. I haven't dusted for a while either and I was just thinking recently that I need to start dusting my ends more - especially now since I'm transitioning.

keysha1983

I have a question.....
I only wash my hair once a week, how can add moisture to my hair without weighing my hair done and looking like a grease monkey? I wanted to try EVOO or coconut oil. I am so frustrated right now! :(

QueenHav

Sieda,

No worries lady. We can work on 3-5 together. What do you plan on doing differently in May?

QHav

Highly Favored8

That is good that you took an honest assesment of your hair.

I did that after my 26 weeks post and some of my hair broke at the line of demarcration-
I did all the protien treatments however, no mositure afterwards =/. Now I know when I do protien mositurize like crazy after.

Sieda

Sieda,

No worries lady. We can work on 3-5 together. What do you plan on doing differently in May?

QHav

Yes we can!

I've already increased my water intake and I am doing up to 10 miles of jogging per week. I have given up on stressing (over nothing) and trying to take it easy. I did the Alma and Brahmi last night, and am reducing the tension on my hairline.

Sieda

What do you think caused the split ends?

In my case. I believe I had split ends for a while due to infrequent trims, sewn in weaves, and blow drying. I'm transitioning from all that damage and my former way of thinking. I am pro trim now! Not saying that those things are damaging for everyone, just were for me.

vkb247

Just wondering because I am an avid no trimmer and trying too avoid anything that could compromise that.

jeabai

I have a question.....
I only wash my hair once a week, how can add moisture to my hair without weighing my hair done and looking like a grease monkey? I wanted to try EVOO or coconut oil. I am so frustrated right now! :(

Use them at night before you tie your hair up!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Sieda,

QHav

That's The Key ! What Are you Planning on doing differently in May? Since you have assessed the situation, how do you plan to rectify it?