Why you gotta Lie????

diamondlady

My middle sister has been telling me for years that she only did a relaxer once a year. I believed her because she told my mother & other sisters the same thing and she has such beautiful hair so I thought that her hair is just easier to style than mine.

I know my baby sister doesn't have to do anything to her hair but wash and roll it, but she hates it because it's so thin. I thought well, my sisters have nicer hair, good for them.

Well, my middle sister slipped this Thanksgiving, while bragging about her hair yet again, she said "I use to perm every 2 months but now I haven't permed in 2 years." My baby sister and I looked at each other. I thought "Why you gotta lie?" She has always had long, thick, beautiful hair, why lie about it? Well, my baby sister is little more forward, she said "you told us you relaxed once a year". She was busted.

I've had 4 relaxers this year compared to 6 last year, hoping to get it down to 3 in 2004. My hair longer than it's been in a long time and I'm happy about that (I've been getting compliments) When people ask questions and they sincerely want help, I tell the truth. If they are not sincere, I tell them on a need to know basis, something like "I'm taking better care of my hair", but I don't lie.

Great progress with your hair!!! Yes, I don't know why people don't share their hair successes. Oh well, that's why we're all here I suppose! To help eachother achieve our goals!! Good growing!

Yeah, I agree, CocoaCure.
smile.gif
Thank goodness for this Board! I'm not sure why some folks aren't forthcoming with what they do to keep their hair healthy. I had one girl tell me years ago that the way to grow hair was to keep it "really dirty" (direct quote). I figured, well I'll just stick to short hair, then!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why some folks aren't forthcoming with what they do to keep their hair healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't want anyone else's hair to look as good as theirs does.
mad.gif
Some of my family members are very secretive about what they do to their hair, too. Even to the point of naming a fake salon when someone asks for a recommendation.
frown.gif

This is sooo sad
nono.gif
esp. since it's your sister. I hate when anybody lies, I mean really God has a large enough supply of hair to give to everyone you don't have to make stuff up about yours.
frown.gif

Making up fake salons??? Wow! I've never heard of such things. It never ceases to amaze me the things some people do! I'd love to see ALL AA women with hair down to their bumpkins!!

Oh yeah. She'll make up a salon name ("Hair Force" and "Mane Event" are her favorites) or name one she's never been to.
frown.gif
She says it's because she doesn't want her stylist getting so popular that she has to wait.
ohwell.gif

She told me she has never deep conditioned her hair in her life. The last time i was at her house I saw plastic caps and a half empty bottle of ApHogee 2-Minute Reconstructor in the bathroom cabinet.
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:

She told me she has never deep conditioned her hair in her life. The last time i was at her house I saw plastic caps and a half empty bottle of ApHogee 2-Minute Reconstructor in the bathroom cabinet.
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
I'm sorry, but that is just too funny to me. Go Inspector gadget
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure the lies have something to do with wanting people to think she doesn't have to do much to maintain "good" hair.

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:

I'm pretty sure the lies have something to do with wanting people to think she doesn't have to do much to maintain "good" hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too.

To me it's just like working out...........I think there's more glory in you yourself as well as other people knowing you WORKED for that body or that hair as opposed to just being born with it. I know people who can sit and eat tons of chocolate and cake and pies all day long and never gain a single ounce - and never work out! Just like I know people who have type 2 hair and have never had a chemical put in it and just wash and wear and that's all they've ever done. Neither of these people would be as interesting for me to talk with as someone who is taking care of her ends, trimming as needed, deep conditioning, stretching out the relaxers, taking vitamins, all the things that help us get waist length. Likewise, I can learn a lot from someone who's in the gym, lifting weights, on the treadmill, working out steadily and achieving their body sculpting/weight loss goals! I have nothing to learn from someone who puts forth no effort. I will tell anyone who will listen, what things I'm doing to help keep my hair healthy! I guess there are people who want to be perceived as "special" or something. Heck, we're all already special -we have this wonderful, special versatile hair!!

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has people lying to them.

My baby sister, my mother and I all have different hair with different problems but we talk, share problems, share product information. When they find something good they let me know, I share my hair books with them. My mother has long, beautiful hair but my baby sister and I have problems with our hair and we're working on it together. We're both growing and getting healthy.

My middle sister has a whole different attitude. She has always had beautiful hair and we are happy for her. We use to ask her for advice and then we found out she lies so we just leave her out of our conversations and she butts in with lies.

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
Sassygirl: Who is this adorable little girl with her beautiful hair in your avatar??? She's toooo precious!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

She's a little girl that had a few photos in the book "Kids Talk Hair" by Pamela Ferrell. I love her hair! I'm pretty sure she's on cornrowsandco.com, too

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
Sassygirl: Who is this adorable little girl with her beautiful hair in your avatar??? She's toooo precious!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

She's a little girl that had a few photos in the book "Kids Talk Hair" by Pamela Ferrell. I love her hair! I'm pretty sure she's on cornrowsandco.com, too

[/ QUOTE ]

Afiyah_B&Acopy.jpg

Pretty.

Back