Wig Wearers: Can the baggie trick be used under a wig also?

laketta

What I mean is lets say if I was to moisturize my hair and place a plastic cap flatly on your head(you know the clear basic kind) on my head and then place the wig cap on to flatten things and then the wig. I know that sounds like a lot but the baggie keeps moisture in your head so wouldn't a whole cap do the same for your entire head? I'm curious because I want to decrease breakage for next year.

Nonie

I don't see why not. I usually wear Saran wrap (yes, you read right) on my head at bed-time or if I wear a headdress or hat when going out. If I wore a wig, I would hesitate to wear a Saran wrap under the wig. My hair has never complained about this practice.

Although I haven't done it religiously ie continuously like the baggie pony folks to attest to its success, logic tells me it would work just as well, if not better.

laketta

[ QUOTE ]
Nonie said:
I don't see why not. I usually wear Saran wrap (yes, you read right) on my head at bed-time or if I wear a headdress or hat when going out. If I wore a wig, I would hesitate to wear a Saran wrap under the wig. My hair has never complained about this practice.

Although I haven't done it religiously ie continuously like the baggie pony folks to attest to its success, logic tells me it would work just as well, if not better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very intresting /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif I may try this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

foxybronx

I have done it..i had hella tangles though. I left my hair loose in the cap, and i didn't comb it for 2 days. My hair was WET, scalp sweaty, and hair TANGLED up!

Don't get me wrong my hair was moisturized. But i lost hair untangling my hair. If you do it braid it or something.

It might work just as well if you put a plastic shower cap over your moisturized ends then put a stocking cap/wig cap over it to keep it in place.. .and then put on the wig. That way, at night you could take the cap off and just remoisturize.
"Don't take your miracles for granted because you are used to good things."

stacy

I asked the same q a week ago Whole Head Baggie Method. I started doing this last Saturday. I braided my hair in medium individual braids and secured the ends with rubber bands. Every night before I go to bed, I spray my hair and scalp with a mixture of Surge and oil. I put on my plastic conditioning bag and my satin bonnet. In the morning, I put my wig cap on over the bag. In the evenings, I take off the bag to let my scalp breathe and let the hair dry. I then start all over at bedtime. So far, so good. I plan to continue to wash weekly. I will do this until I get some retouch money (hopefully, by the newyear). I am already in week 5 and I normally relax every 6 weeks.

laketta

cool. I keep my hair in twists while I wear wigs anyway so I will oil the twists and put the cap on then. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

InsertCleverNameHere

I did it once when I was just playing around with my hair and I wanted to run around that day and still be presentable. I ended up hot and sweaty with tangled hair but that wasn't the worse...The wig pushed the plastic cap into my forehead and I had a line in my forhead that itched (probably from the moisture plus all the products) for two days straight.