wild growth hair oil users

mstasha

I got some today and I use to use the wgo years ago, I don't remember it smelling soooo bad.
Has it always smelled like this? I could remember it smelling sweet. I wanted to know if really works?, I thought I was having hair growth back then but someone told me that it was only stripping my relaxer out and that is why I stopped. is that true?
has anyone had anyone noticed any wild hair growth and if you have how do you use it?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I had one bottle of WGO that didn't smell bad. It was the first one I got with the new packaging. It didn't smell good, either--but it smelled better than the others. I think store owners keep this product on the shelf too long. I don't think the smell affects how it works, though.

Lengthwanted

I bought it and started using it late last month. IMO: there is a strong smell but I do not think that it stinks. I usually put it on my hair after I do a conditioner only wash or regular shampoo wash while my hair is still wet. I also put leave in conditioner and provective in my hair .. so all the smells mix. I try to do it in the evening, put a scarf on it so the smell is not strong the next day .. at least to me...

My co-worker recently bought it and started using it .. she just said to me today that she put some on her dry hair this morning and her sister and daughter was complaining in the car saying that it stinks ..

soslychic

Hair growth would be the only reason I would use it. I'm trying to see if their are enough success stories for me to give the "stinky" stuff a try

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
Hair growth would be the only reason I would use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it causes "wild growth". But it does help the hair retain moisture so you can keep the hair that does grow. I don't think I ever found anything that worked so well on my relaxed hair. (I never tried curl activator.)

daisy

I use wild growth oil. I think the last bottle I got smells diffently in a bad way than the last few bottles I used. I may stop using it because of the smell. The bottle looks a litle differently on the front too.

Sassygirl said:

I don't think it causes "wild growth". But it does help the hair retain moisture so you can keep the hair that does grow

I always thought that it was this that made my hair grow faster?

Daisy

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I meant that I don't think WGO speeds up the growth rate. It may seem that way because the hair isn't dry and breaking anymore.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
But it does help the hair retain moisture so you can keep the hair that does grow. I don't think I ever found anything that worked so well on my relaxed hair. (I never tried curl activator.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I'm going to the BSS to buy some later today because I'm creeping on my 8th week and I need to look DYNO-MITE this weekend and WGO does the trick!

I also put it on wet or damp hair and the smell seems to evaporate!

Marcia16

I use to use it 2 years ago. It did not make my hair grow just made it soft & smelly . My husband always complained about how bad it smelled so I had to let it go.

I love WGO...What I found is that the bottle I got from Sally's has a "non"attention smell..however, when I 1st heard about WGO and went to a local, mom/ pop (you know hmmm, minority owned but not african american or Latina)BBS the stuff smelled so
*##@ bad I thought oooh, @### no way I would never tried it. But one day I was in Sally's and thought let me try the nose test and I was like
"hmmmmmmm"...

Go to Sally's and give it sniff test and see what you think.

elliot

You can mask the smell by adding a couple of drops of an essential oil. The trick is finding an essential oil that has a decent smell.

No, I have not experienced any wildgrowth that I can attribut to WGO, but it does keep my edges smooth when its time for a touchup.

Valerie

I used wild growth oil, already, it is a good hot oil treatment, but I was not very consistent, anyway, I shall get some and be more consistent apply it to my hair as for the smell, a few drops of essential oil mask the smell.

care4myhair

I tried WGO for the first time about 6 weeks ago and I must say I am pleased with my hair, it did soften it quite nicely although if you use too much it can weigh your hair down quite a bit. My nine year old daughter, whose hair is 3c/4a lengthy (20 inches or more), big and wild had great results with it. It tamed her hair and actually straightened it somewhat which allowed it to lay down quite nicely! We were both pleased! So far as the smell, it is not pleasant! However, I use essential oils quite a bit and found that jasmine oil (essential oil that is) will do the trick! Just a little is needed as the scent is strong, but lovely (if you like jasmine). You can purchase this at a health food store for about $5-$10 and a little goes a looong way! Hope this helps!

By the way I am a first time poster and this board is great!

May you be blessed.

Robin41

Mstasha, I did get wild hair growth using WGO. I started using it only on my edges which had broken badly from too-tight braids. After a few months, my edges grew back in so nicely I could stop using the WGO and I haven't touched it in months. Like the other ladies, I used it on wet hair and it didn't really smell that bad.

I would really recommend it if you have any thinning areas but if you just want a moisturizer or hair oil, there are others on the market that smell better and are less expensive.

care4myhair, welcome to the board!

nooniecakes

I used to use WGO, but i stopped b/c of the smell it was so strong that my husband use to complain about it. I didn't see any major hair growth, but it did make my hair soft.

debyjay

I use WGO and like it for making my hair super soft when I have a lot of new growth. I can't say for sure that it causes hair to grow faster but I do know this woman at my job that used it on her daughter's hair to help manage her 4a hair and that child's hair is now way down her back! They have been using it for years though and with heat.
Now, as much as I like WGO i can't handle the smell especially in the summer sooooo I wont use it from Memorial to Labor day. Coconut and castor oil mixed together makes new growth super soft anyway.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
What are the ingredients? I assume that there are a bunch of oils in there, but which ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Olive Oil, Linoleic, Oleic, Palmitic and Stearic Acids, Propanetriol, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Ergosterol, Choline, Inositiol, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Calcium.

The bottles in the new packagaing (gold label) are missing some of the ingredients. They don't list the "acids". The company says it's the same formula but they don't list all the ingredients anymore because there are only trace amounts in the product.

There was a mild panic about the "new formula".
I think they even address this on their site (wildgrowth.com).

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I was in the bss today and a woman said that she replaced wgo with Aphogee EFA Oil Concentrate . She has a texturizer that she air dries and wears curly. (It was very cute!) She said the oil keeps her hair moisturized and controls frizz the same as wgo did, but without the offensive odor. And a 16 oz bottle is only $3.89. (I live in SC.) I checked out the ingredients and it had the same "oleic" acids as wgo. It didn't smell great, but it smelled better than wgo.

karezone

I just started using WGO, I only put it on my scalp, I figured that every little bit will help. The only thing that I have to complain about is the itchies. My scalp itches when I use it, other than that it is soft. I lile to believe that these are the growth itchies.

twinietwintwin

I am a WGO users and I love it! It makes my hair soft and manageable when i'm waiting for touch ups.... i too had lost some of my hair line wearing too tight of braids and it's growing in rather nicely..... God bless

Crystal

flyjump00

I have been using Wild Growth for about 6 month. It makes my scalp feel warm to touch. I like to put it in my hair a day or so before I wash it. I really like putting it on my ends. K!

cmw45

BUMPING because I just rediscoverd this in my hair stash. I don't know why I ever put it down...I cheated on WGO with shea butter...and I'm glad that I did by I will never abandon WGO again. I used this last night to oil rinse because I was "trying to get rid of it." And my hair is sooooooooooo incredibly soft.