Wild Growth Oil - KNOCK-OFF????!!!!

Lindy

My Mom bought some Wild Growth Oil at a BSS last week and she told me that it smelled good, like coconut!! I went to her house yesterday and sure enough, it did!! The bottle looks slightly different from the 'smelly wild growth oil' bottle, but it's the same white bottle with green letters!

The ingredients seem the same, or at least similar. I don't have my old bottle any more, so I can't compare them.

My Mom says that it seems to work just as good as the original one on her hair!!

Has anyone seen this stuff?? It costs $8.99. I think the regular one is the same price, or even a little less.

How could a knock-off use the exact same name?? Is it possible that they changed the formula?? I'm confused!!

DigitalRain

Whoa, maybe they decided to listen to the 1,126,530 complaints about the smell??

I may have to check this out...if it smells better I will definitely get a new bottle and trash the one I have now.

Spagirl

Hi Lindy, is there anyway you can post the new WGO ingredients? Here are the ingredients for the original:

Olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, vita D, choline, inositol, iron, magnesium, phosphoruous, calcium, natural color, fragrance.

Lindy

Great, Spagirl!!

Here are the ingredients from my Mom's bottle:

Olive Oil USP, Linoleic, Oleic, Palmitic & Stearic Acids, Propanetriol, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Ergosterol (A D Vitamin), Choline, Inositol, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, & Calcium.

Hmmmm.... the same except for all those acids... Strange...

On the bottle they give a website of www.doitnow.com/-wildgro I tried going there but I can't get to it. There is also a mailing address:

Wild Growth Co.
P.O. Box 14822
Scottsdale, AZ 85267

I went on the Wild Growth Oil website, and their mailing address is different. It's in AZ, but not that city or P.O. Box...

This is REALLY weird!!!

Eclipse

Due to the limited availability of WGO in my area, in June, I ordered 3 bottles through the WGO website so I guess my order is what prompted the owner of the WGO company to send me a memo two weeks ago. The memo was basically a warning that stated a few individuals who used to work for him were selling a "knock- off" version of his formula to some of his distributors using the same name but different ingredients. So your bottle could be one of the "knock-offs" he mentioned, or it could be a new improved and better smelling version of the stinky classic.....

karezone

Maybe they are using the same ingredients but decided that the smell was too much. It smell a lot likr rosemary but I don't think that it is listed in the ingredients.

Lindy

WHOOAA!!! I guess my Mom did get one of the knock-off bottles!!! (Since the bottle doesn't say anything about New & Improved on it...) Heck, I just may get myself a bottle, if it smells good and works the same!!
This WGO may end up putting the first company out of business!!

katie

I think I am the only person who doesn't find the smell of WGO offensive.I wouldn't say it smells nice but I have smelled worse hair products.
Oh yeah,and my bf too...he thinks it smells like air freshener

karezone

It doesn't exactly smell bad, it just smells like herbs where as other hair care products smell like fruit salad.

ChasingBliss

Hmmm yall got me curious. I have never smelled this wild growth oil before. I wonder if I would have a problem with it.

Lindy

Scasey,

It's the same as the original one. White bottle with green letters. It does look slightly different from the original one; I can't say exactly how, because my original bottle was thrown away... similar, but not exactly the same.

Lindy

She got it at a local BSS store. I'm not sure if it's in widespread distribution though...
And she's still loving it!!

debyjay

This is too funny. I can only use it in the winter coz in the warm months it smells hella nasty and I work with some pretty touchy feely white people who love to lunch in the park!

bee

I have a WGO knockoff called Ginseng Gro. I used it last night because my hair was like a fro yesterday and I like for my braidouts to look more "stretched". I sprayed my spritz, lined my parts w/Ginseng Gro and lightly sprayed on sta-sof-fro. Today, my braid out looks like I like for it to look and my ends are not frizzy and neither are my roots.

hotshot

i read on another board about a year ago there was a WGO knockoff- its not the real thing, it smells good and has a different colored cap. you want the one with the red cap and smells like curry ( at least thats how it smells to me.)