Wild Growth Oil...

KinksnCurlz

...really STINKS! :barf:
Mind you, this is not my first time using it as i use it mostly on my daughter's scalp but DAYUMMMNNNNNN this stuff really smells like hot @ss and cod liver oil ... ILK! If somebody speedwalks past my desk, i can SMELL it... and not lightly, i smell it as if the person used it for perfume... meanwhile that's my smelly ass scalp stinking up the area!

ILK! it really stinks... but i'm not going to stop using it :grin:

The End! :rofl:

BTW, do you guys put anything inside the bottle to mask the smell? If so, what?

miracle

I added about 3cc (I measure everything :lol: ) of peppermint essential oil into my WGO, and it definitely did the trick for me.

KinksnCurlz

LMBAO @ kombov - you leave my man ALONE! hahahahahaaaaaa

@ miracle - i stay away from peppermint oil... i had a bad experience with it... long story... just know my hands have NEVER been the same :/

Honi

There is no board.
I think they changed the smell. I don't ever remember it smelling like that but now my suspicions are confirmed because more than one person mentioned it.

I put a coupla drops of a fragrance oil and that does the trick.

KAddy

I purchased some this weekend and put ylang ylang and palmarosa eo's in it as they both have strong floral scents. This helped a great deal.

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
After I bought my first two bottles, I could not figure out what the ladies on here were talking about. It didn't smell bad at all. But OOOOHHH BABBYY, when I opened that third bottle I almost fell out! I don't know WHAT happened in the first two, but now I know what yall mean. I hate the smell of that stuff now. I had to look down in my bottle to see if somethin had died!!!!!

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Yep. A friend recommended it to me. When I asked her about the funky smell, she said "What smell?" :shocked:

When I bought it and took a sniff, I was so queasy :barf:. I had to mix it with some cheap Softee Coconut grease and then put it in my daughter's hair at night (sparingly). We were hoping the lingering smell will disappear in the morning, and it did.

Smell or no smell, it works!

KinksnCurlz

i have sweet almond (i think WGO has that in there 2) but it doesn't have a 'smell' to me... how much SA did she use?

melodee

CH, girl check out my thread on the same subject matter. I think they done made the forumlation funkier than ever. It wasn't quite this bad before. It smells like an Indo-Pak grocery store. I don't want to smell like food:burn: , so I don't know what to do!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Offtopic but... CaramelHonee, I think that guy in your avatar is hot too! I see why you claim him as your husband! :grin:

kitchen_tician

melodee said:
CH, girl check out my thread on the same subject matter. I think they done made the forumlation funkier than ever. It wasn't quite this bad before. It smells like an Indo-Pak grocery store. I don't want to smell like food:burn: , so I don't know what to do!

Oh NO!!! Do you think they made it funkier? I hope not. I just bought a bottle a couple of weeks ago and it smells fine (meaning normal level of funky-ness). I'll be due for another bottle in May, so it will probably be super funky.

I'll have to find something to mix with it. Maybe I'll try the Sweet Almond oil, since you had a bad experience with the pepperment oil CH.

MonaLisa

kitchen_tician said:
Oh NO!!! Do you think they made it funkier? I hope not. I just bought a bottle a couple of weeks ago and it smells fine (meaning normal level of funky-ness). I'll be due for another bottle in May, so it will probably be super funky.

I so did not mean to laugh...as this is serious!!! But...I couldn't help it....I'm sorry....:p

Armyqt

Maybe the "funky" ingredient is the one that makes the hair grow. If so, you ladies can expect a serious growth spurt :lol:

Honi

There is no board.
Ladies,

I contacted the company regarding the stinkiness of the product. The response is below.

In the fall of last year, we have stopped putting in synthetic fragrance, and have since cautiously made natural fragrance alterations. The last batches in the last 3 months are an improvement over the first ones following the synthetic fragrance removal, having a neutral bouquet, somewhat on the sweet side.

Somebody needs to be fired! This smell is not some neutral bouquet and is not on the sweet side. They need to go back to the drawing board or put whatever fragrance they had before back in! :mad:

melodee

I knew it! My nose knows best--I have a very keen sense of smell!

Thanks so much Honi for doing the research. :D SG had mentioned that her new bottle smelled better than her previous bottle. That explains it.
I'm going to return mine and get a new bottle. :kiss:

kitten73

CaramelHonee said:
...really STINKS! :barf:
Mind you, this is not my first time using it as i use it mostly on my daughter's scalp but DAYUMMMNNNNNN this stuff really smells like hot @ss and cod liver oil ... ILK! If somebody speedwalks past my desk, i can SMELL it... and not lightly, i smell it as if the person used it for perfume... meanwhile that's my smelly ass scalp stinking up the area!

ILK! it really stinks... but i'm not going to stop using it :grin:

The End! :rofl:

BTW, do you guys put anything inside the bottle to mask the smell? If so, what?

CH, what's up Gurl!

I was thiking of trying the wild growth oil on deja, I was going to mix it in her jar of organic kid's grease (beauty town ran out but GEM, right around the corner under the train sells the whole line including the grease) since it has a nice smell. Why don't you try doing that?

KinksnCurlz

evanne said:
CH, what's up Gurl!

I was thiking of trying the wild growth oil on deja, I was going to mix it in her jar of organic kid's grease (beauty town ran out but GEM, right around the corner under the train sells the whole line including the grease) since it has a nice smell. Why don't you try doing that?

GEM sells kids organics??? Say WORD! hahahaha :weird:

The thing with the WGO, is that i like it b/c it really moisturizes the scalp and i only use a little, i would be to afraid that if i mixed some of it in with the grease, i wouldn't mix enuf or would mix too much... :/

Tru_Mind

LegallySpeaking said:
Okay, I'm weird because I don't think it smells that bad. Don't laugh at me. :p
I don't think it smells that bad either...unless they've change the scent.