Wildgrowth Hair Oil vs, Surge

dreamgurl

I've never used Surge before as I have been hearing mixed reviews on the product and how it affects some people's scalps. I have tried the Wildgrowth Oil in the past because I was told it is supposed to increase hair growth. I don't know if I found that to be the case, because my scalp receives enough oil on its own from the fact that I wrap my hair every night. I don't really care for my hair to be too oily because it's hard for me to keep my ends bumped without using heat and too much extra oil on my scalp makes it itch. I mainly used the WGO to oil my scalp the day before a relaxer. I guess I didn't use it on my scalp like I was supposed to on a regular basis to notice any additional hairgrowth. So does WGO help increase growth or is it just good for moisturizing? As for the Surge...is it just for encouraging growth?

melodee

I don't think WGO increases the growth rate. It is good for softening hair and preventing breakage, though. Surge, IMO, can encourage some growth, but there is that risk of a bad reaction on the scalp. It happened to me, and many others.