Will I overprocess my hair if I relax again?

Bellamystic

After going natural for 3 months and deciding to relax again, I have came up with a new alternative to relax. This time I only use lye relaxers and leave them on for 15 minutes max. Well, this alternative has come to stab me in the back. My hair will no longer stay straight and I use the CHI iron for crying out loud! Even that doesn't keep it straight. Now, Ilm deciding to just rerelax my whole head and get it STRAIGHT not bone straight! Will I risk overprocessing my hair? I mean I still have a curl pattern when I wash my hair and I just want to be able to wear my own hair without it gettig frizzy in 5 minutes after I flat iron. I have to wear my hair braided underneath wigs because of this. The last time I relaxed was in January and I have 1 before that one in October 2008. What is the risk? Will I damage my hair? PLEASE HELP!

Hey Friend - It sounds like you want to do a corrective relaxer - I recommend putting corrective relaxer in the search engine as there is a lot of information out there also go into the stickies and go to the self-relax thread as there is information about doing a corrective in there as well...

HTH

I don't use lye - I used no-lye, but this actually sounds like something you might want to go to a professional for.

A corrective can be done on your own, but it's the timing that's tricky.

Back