what would happen if I.....

bellezanegra826

pressed my hair straight before I permed it? is it better to have my hair in its natural texture when I relax it or can I get my hair straighter if its already straight? I have 4xyz hair and sometimes its hard to get it straight, not to mention the fact that I have not had a straight perm since sometime before march. does anyone flat iron their hair like a week before they perm it?

I wouldn't even think about trying it:nono:...if you do go through with it... Good luck though.

I don't think that's a good idea because I think it could result in overlapping which would cause your hair to be overprocessed. I think it helps your beautician to see how much new growth you actually have to avoid any unintentional processing. HTH

That's a good question. Seems like it would make it easier to distribute the relaxer; but it also sounds like an opportunity for some serious damage to occur....:perplexed

Are u already relaxed and u just wanna do a touch up? I never press my hair, but my at home retouches come out better if my roots are straighter IMO b/c it is easier for me to get through my hair. You can't just roller set it first and then blow out the roots, then like 3 days later relax?

Wouldnt that put too much stress on the hair with the heat then the chemicals....I am a natural but I still dont think that would be a good idea...

Back