WL 2011

NaturalBoss

Checking in....I've been co-washing daily and wearing my hair in a puff (well it's not really a puff, it's more of a curly ponytail) and I've noticed my hair is kinda dry when I get up in the morning. I guess I will have to go back to the granny bun because I can't take any chances with my ends :nono:

I am also considering going back to wigs. I had to stop wearing them because my skin didn't like them, but I heard that you should wash wigs first before wearing them, so maybe I will give that a try.

Lovelylife

I'm hoping to be MBL this year.
If I actually make WSL next year, I'll be so happy I won't know what to do.
However I'll just take it one step at a time.
I haven't been able to deep condition lately. I'm broke. But my hair seems to being doing well with cowashes and leave in conditioners.

constance

I shampooed sparingly last night with Aussie Moist and dc'd with AubryOrganics Honeysuckle Rose. I followed w. coconut oil and Kimmy's moisturizer and then twisted (instead of braiding) into a beehive. This is the 1st time I tried this pattern and I didn't do a great job but the ends are protected. I also fingercombed rather than using a comb. I'm hoping I'll see the benefits of these new techniques by Dec.

Janet'

Checking in! I'm back to curly for as long as possible! Can't wait for the reveals in December so we can start the year off right!

Lei*Lei

I'd like to join :yep:

Right now i am bsl in the back and apl in the front and sides. I'm going by my stretched hair.

For now my hair regimen is very simple. I wash/dc once a week (usually Saturday) and then wear it in a banana clip bun for the week, then repeat. I moisturize everyday with water and scurl, or water and bb oil moisturizer.

Last edited:

NaturalBoss

Checking in! I'm back to curly for as long as possible! Can't wait for the reveals in December so we can start the year off right!

I've been tempted to straighten my hair to see how long it is but I will try to hold off 'til December. This December will be my 2 years natural anniversary.

omachine

i wanted to do a length update but according to the new settings i can't post attachments..:sad:

Last edited:

grow

I shampooed sparingly last night with Aussie Moist and dc'd with AubryOrganics Honeysuckle Rose. I followed w. coconut oil and Kimmy's moisturizer and then twisted (instead of braiding) into a beehive. This is the 1st time I tried this pattern and I didn't do a great job but the ends are protected. I also fingercombed rather than using a comb. I'm hoping I'll see the benefits of these new techniques by Dec.

hi Constance!
have you got any pictures of that beehive?
i've been wanting to try some, but am perplexed...
i really like that you fingercombed instead of using a comb...i've been trying that lately and like it too!
please keep us updated as to how these new techiniques (which sound lovely) are working out for you!
thanks!

grow

:lurking:
just passing through, being nosey :yep:

girl, go ahead and sign up!

@D.Lisha, when i first signed up to lhcf i thought APL was really long hair and didn't want to jump into anything longer because i didn't think it could be possible for me, personally.

then my hair started growing and surprising me because i started applying healthy hair practices, and BSB, BSL, MBL etc. started seeming more feasible.

even if i don't make WL by the end of next year, i know that the healthy practices i will need to become disciplined with in order to try to make it, will help my hair alot.

if i had stopped my sights at APL, i would now be hot rollersetting, flat ironing, blow drying and who knows what else to my hair, because i would be practically done and on to doing alot of the things that had me stunting my hair growth from the beginning.

but because i'm in this challenge, i'm more interested in proctective styles, conditioning treatments and using less chemicals.

changing my goals from APL to lengths that are much longer has helped me to see this hair process more like a journey instead of a destination.

and if i hadn't signed up for this (regardless of making it or not, since it's the journey not the destination that counts), i might not help my hair to be the best that it can be.

the more the merrier, so just know that you don't have to lurk, exubah has always welcomed all ladies with open arms!:yep:

Last edited:

exubah

I'm trying to keep on top of my PSing, DC's and JBCO applications. I need to order more indigo because I used my last pack a few weeks ago. I don't plan on doing another henna + indigo (2-step) application for another few months so I'm good for now. Hopefully I will at least be brushing MBL come December.

Bun Mistress

Ok I am in this still. I am back to braids for the rest of the month, maybe longer. Just did my own set of box braids. They look awful, but I'm happy.

Embyra

yup add me please and thankyou....i thought i would get waistlength this year...er yeah i think i over estimated loool end of 2011 it is!

3 weeks to go and i will be 2 years without a relaxer......i will still be getting a relaxer in the new year and will then go into another long stretch of 6 months min:yep:

I think i have 6-7 inches to go to get to waist length :yawn:

Last edited:

SingBrina

Putting a weave in tomorrow and taking it out in December! Can't wait, have not had one since May, kinda miss it... school is out next week so i wont have to ever kill the style by wearing it up due to stupid clinicals!!! Yay!! I hope when I take it out that my hair is at least an inch past bra strap and with a trim.... we shall see....

I am going to put my conditioner in an applicator bottle for easier application and sit under a hood dryer to allow it to penetrate once a week so I can still deep condition my hair and not only the weave.... hmmm.... I need my hair to be stronger...

I don't think I will be relaxing for awhile, if I do it will just be my edges, so they are straight unless i get it done professionally smh

SingBrina

good to see you back, @SingBrina!

you see this new system we've got here?!

good luck with your weave!

HEY GIRL HEY!!! THANKS!!! Hey thats cool we can do the "@" thing now, and I like the "Like" post thing, reminds me of FACEBOOK! :)

How are you?

Oh, and forgot to add that I like how "mention" pops up in notification so I can go back to the post that my name was mentioned at, very smart!!!!!

bebezazueta

I have been debating over whether to transition to natural all year and finally decided that I will postpone my transition for a few years and grow my relaxed hair out to my bottom first. :grin: Thanks to Toy for being my long relaxed hair inspiration!

On another note, my hair is doing VERY WELL! I'm an expert kitchen beautician now. I can't wait until the December reveal and I'm hoping to be BSL length by then. I have two inches to go. :spinning:

Let's do this ladies.

s4pphir3

Been wearing a half wig all week, I'm going to keep this up from now until December. Tonight I'm prepooing with Vatika oil and I plan to do a tea rinse with Heenara powder tomorrow, DC, rebraid and throw the wig back on.

I just purchased this half wig:

But they sent me a 2 and I'm too impatient to wait for a 4 lol. I'm thinking of putting a dark rinse in the front of my hair what do you ladies think? or should I just cut it out and get the 4? :lol:

My hair color is very hard to match now because I used henna so much.

Last edited:

omachine

i wear my hair in two pig tails and i started pinning up my ends to keep them from fraying....i look like a black pippi longstocking but what the heck, anything to get to wl....

JJamiah

I am chugging along, I am in good faith that by December 2011 I'll be WL, :D

Plus I am getting that bored feeling again. LOL, I am taking care of my hair while still in the bored stage. Still bored none the less. Wash day is once a week and it seems to be coming faster and faster each time.

NikkiGirl

I am still in for this challenge. (and still trying to make MBL by year's end) Anyway, after my trim I decided to change up my reggie just a tad. I won't be bunning, but I will do soft up dos. And I will wear my pony out when I want to. So I won't be hiding my ends. But I use Aveda Dry Remedy on my ends only and it keeps them good. I am also going with low manipulation. I am not combing at all. Only finger combing in the shower. So that is all for me. :grin:

dyamonds10

Ok ladies! Just checking in :) I have been dcing weekly, oiling daily and pin curling nightly. No more wash n gos! Only airdry and lightly flat iron so I can pin curl.

reeses

Still here! I'll do a check in too. I'm wearing a wig until the end of the year and then I'll decide what to do next. I hope that by the time we do pictures I'll be MBL. I've been doing lots of conditioning and my hair is healthier than its ever been :)

bigbrowneyez

I'm in... add me plz!!
I relaxed on Sept 15 after 12 weeks. I'm still at full bsl (update in siggy). I also just made a fotki! password is in my profile :-D.

PeculiarDaye

I want to Join, add me please. :)

Regimen: Moisturize Every Morning with Care free curl, and S-Curl mixed together. Oil Scalp at least once every 3 days with Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, and Olive Oil mixed.
Deep Condition once every 2 weeks.
Styles: Pig Tails, Twists, 4 big cornrows, etc.

Last edited: