WL 2011

Hi Ladies ... it is too hot indeed so I've been keeping my hair in mini twists, my results so far have been great I already see my hair getting thicker now I'm just waiting for length.

Congrats to all the ladies that are so close to their goals, LaVgirl & Jasmineml both of you look like wl to me already :)

wyldcurlz: Have you tried baggy'ing your ends? Maybe you could baggy the ends and hide it inside your bun .. I see your hair is bsl so you should be able to do this with your own hair if you don't want to wear a fake bun. How have you been styling your hair?

i was wearing a lot of wash-n-go's, then i put it up in extensions for about 2 months while i traveled. took those down and my stylist cut, cut, cut my hair from bottom MBL back to top of BSL. :nono: i'm having some random health issues that are affecting my hair, but in no way should that induce split ends. i've always been prone to splits & SSKs though...unfortunately. i may be able to try baggying. that's a good idea. i'll have to research what to baggy with.

I wore my hair in a big 'fro today and while I was walking home, a stranger called across the street "Nice hair!" It felt good. :yep:

Congrats to all the ladies that are so close to their goals, @LaVgirl & Jasmineml both of you look like wl to me already :)
Really? My sister keeps telling me the same thing but I'm nervous about claiming it. Either way, it's too late in the year to go for HL so I guess I will just keep going and see what length it is in December.

Last edited:
i was wearing a lot of wash-n-go's, then i put it up in extensions for about 2 months while i traveled. took those down and my stylist cut, cut, cut my hair from bottom MBL back to top of BSL. :nono: i'm having some random health issues that are affecting my hair, but in no way should that induce split ends. i've always been prone to splits & SSKs though...unfortunately. i may be able to try baggying. that's a good idea. i'll have to research what to baggy with.

My hair is prone to get SSK's no matter what I do so I often do search & destroy sessions to cut them out before they become a problem. Leaving my SSK's too long means having larger knots & splits later on :nono: While my hair is in twists I use rosewater to mist my ends and throw a bag on them while I sleep. I scrunch a small amount of oil on the ends when I take off the baggy the next morning.

Really? My sister keeps telling me the same thing but I'm nervous about claiming it. Either way, it's too late in the year to go for HL so I guess I will just keep going and see what length it is in December.

You never know what could happen in 5 months ... congrats on WL you better claim it :yep:

...I've been avoiding this challenge because I thought I'd have to drop out,but here is my progress...

Put down the scissors! Don't cut because of unevenness. My hair was cut evenly in March and now the right side is longer than the left, just like before. That's why I'll be skipping my 6 month salon visit. :down:

Great progress Kandy!! I think my hair would be longer if I hadn't chopped it back in April. Since then I have hidden my scissors from myself.

My hair is prone to get SSK's no matter what I do so I often do search & destroy sessions to cut them out before they become a problem. Leaving my SSK's too long means having larger knots & splits later on :nono: While my hair is in twists I use rosewater to mist my ends and throw a bag on them while I sleep. I scrunch a small amount of oil on the ends when I take off the baggy the next morning.

You never know what could happen in 5 months ... congrats on WL you better claim it :yep:

Great progress Kandy!! I think my hair would be longer if I hadn't chopped it back in April. Since then I have hidden my scissors from myself.
:drool: over puff:blush:

*HAIR PO-* oh, I mean *EYE CANDY*

CIMG0754.jpg

I love, love, love the afro! The color is so pretty...

The product junkie in me has lowkey kicked back in. I recently bought Eco Styler Argan Gel and LOVE it. But I still needed something stronger to leave-in under in other than my Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. though i love that conditioner, it does ZERO for my frizz in this humidity. Plus, I just wanted some "weight" to my hair. I discovered Argan Magic Nourishing Hair Cream at CVS today. I used it tonight, so I'll let you know how I feel in the AM. But, based on how it felt and looked going on, I think I am going to like it!

I wore my hair in a big 'fro today and while I was walking home, a stranger called across the street "Nice hair!" It felt good. :yep:

You are so WL claim it and congrats

...I've been avoiding this challenge because I thought I'd have to drop out,but here is my progress...

If I can repeat the same thing to from August to December, I should be grazing WL.

*ADVICE*

Put down the scissors! Don't cut because of unevenness. My hair was cut evenly in March and now the right side is longer than the left, just like before. That's why I'll be skipping my 6 month salon visit. :down:

Congrats on your progress! You should be WL by December :yep:

The bold has been the key for me! :yep:

:congrats: to all the ladies who reached WL :)
What an awesome Milestone.

I am going to be self trimming for 2012 in order to make it to HL with no issues. :)

Well if someone starts it, I'm in! I have officially changed my new length goal from full WL to HL. So let's get that HL in 2012 challenge started.

I'm pushing for JJamiah to start the HL challenge with all that beautiful hair!!! That would just be too much hair for me and I still have to get to WL :ohwell:

I will definitely be a cheerleader on the sidelines encouraging all of the ladies :grin:

Back