WL 2011

Black Hoya Chick

sometimes when I do my hair, I rethink this WL thing. I am almost MBL and DCing and detangling takes FOREVER! It is so much hair already...

but then I straighten it and it feels short...ugh!

PEACHEY

oh yeahhhh...please count me in. I am so excited, mainly because i know it is within my reach. I am 7 inches away from WL. and seeing how my reggie has allowed me to go from arm pit to bra strap in 4 months, im sure this is obtainable.

i just took new pics, will post later

s4pphir3

Now that I'm wearing twists I wash my hair 1x week as opposed to my usually 2x week. I moisturize and seal every night and shake my twists out and go the next day. Moisture & low manipulation are going to be my keys to WL.

JJamiah

6 days before I take down my braids :D I am so excited BHC I feel you sometimes MBL seems long enough, I will still grow it back out to WL and cut back one length per cutting session. :D

FebeeSigns

I'm thinking if it's realistic at all for me to join this challenge when I'm only APL. Hair only grows a certain number of inches per month. 1/2 if I am correct.

alima

I'm thinking if it's realistic at all for me to join this challenge when I'm only APL. Hair only grows a certain number of inches per month. 1/2 if I am correct.

No it varies on the individual's hair. I've heard of people growing anywhere from .25 inch to 1.5 inches in a month. So anything is possible =) I'm only APL and I'm in here.

Janet'

Just got my flat twists redone last night...I think this time my twist out is going to be nice!

exubah

Man have I been MIA......................

I have updated the challengers list, however if you do not see your name there please send me a PM.

A little update......I still haven't gotten my shedding under control so I trimmed some more....I think I'm right at APL now or slightly below. I fell off my JBCO bandwagon but hopped back on it this week.

I will be trying to keep up with my DCs, protein/moisture balance and PS'ing. I absolutely HATE when my hair sheds *sucks teeth* :wallbash:.

However, I hope everyone is doing a lot better than I am at the moment :yep:

So mad I was typing my regimen and my plan for this thread and I closed it out my mistake!!! lol,

I'm in the challenge...my regimen...

Shampoo-Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing but will switch to NTM, Keracare, or Mizani, not sure yet.

Conditioner-same as above

Deep Conditiner--a mixture of moisturizing conditoners and protein conditioners

Leave In-creme of nature lemongrass and rosemary creame leave-in conditioner and DE HCO leave in and blow dry spray

Heat protect-Beyond the Zone Turn up the heat for flat iron, but will switch to CHI and Lok Bok(aka Sabino Moisture Block). Blow- dry-Silk Elements gloss polisher, makes my hair smooth.

Oil-Tea Tree oil, and Indian oil, but will switch to Camellia oil

Growth aid-OCT mixed with Vitamin E capsules, (cut the capsules and mix with OCT).

Moisturizer-In need of, but will get NTM silk touch leave in or UBH Moisturizer.

My relaxer-Motions but will switch to Creme of Nature No lye or lye(still debating, my scalp is sens.)

Will also get Roux Porosity Control conditioner, new flat iron (Andis sucks, snags my hair), and will also stop blowing my hair only blow when it's time for relaxer.

Trims-only when needed, no more cutting, I would be BSL if I didn't cut my hair, no cutting until whenever.

I shampoo 2x (scalp only), then i deep conditioner for a while and then i conditioner for the duration of my shower, rinse in lukewarm or cold water, Hot waters bothers my scalp, towel plot, but will invest in a micro fiber towel, apply CON lemongrass and rosemary, and spray my DE HCO leave in spray, slowly detangle, and apply SE gloss polisher and then blow dry(will quit blow dryin on Sept 1) after blow dry, wait a while, and then apply my Beyond the zone, turn up the heat or oil sheen(will stop also, drying hair out) and then flat iron, afterwards, I wrap, sometimes, I wear down or ponytail.

I do this about every 10 to 12 days if I can, but now I'm lacking, shine, moisture, and I have dry scalp, so I'm trying to fix those 3 things, and retain more length.

I would love to try again

NTM, Keracare, Mizani, Dudley's, UBH, Umberto, Pureology, and more natural hair products. Flat iron I'm thinking about is FHI, CHI, and SEDU.

I'm trying to make waist soon, but MBL by the time I graduate if I make waist within 18 months that would be nice...... :)

GodsGrace

I'm about 5-7 inches away from WL and God willing if I don't have any setbacks I'll be WL next year. OP can you add me to the list please? Sent you a pm too. Thanks.

nakialovesshoes

Slantedeyes, I used to have dry scalp issues when I had a relaxer & I started doing overnight prepoos with jojoba oil on my scalp only. Never had this issue again. Also if your poo isn't sulfate free & you're pooing your scalp twice, that could also be the culprit.

Everyone that uses jojoba has their preference. I have very sensitive skin and regular jojoba oil is too rich. It gives me breakouts & I'm probably the minority. Heather Loraine sells both. I use the clear filtered kind & it's good for ash, too. LOL

JJamiah

Okay I am giving my hair June 2011 to finally be WL or I will I will I will.....

Wait until it finally reaches :lachen:

bebezazueta

Okay I am giving my hair June 2011 to finally be WL or I will I will I will.....

Wait until it finally reaches :lachen:

LOL! Or ps until it gets there.

I'm still bunning with my hs14n1. My siblings hate my ps cause they are used to me having swangin hair. My response was wait until my December reveal! Lord please help me to have mo hair to reveal! My mouth then wrote a check that my hair betta cash!

HHG!

JJamiah

You'll get there, I have 5 more days to go and these braids are coming down will do buns or pony's one or the other haven't decided. :)

Black Hoya Chick

ok. its in my siggie too, but here is my length check from yesterday (Aug 18th):

a smidgeon past the bottom of my bra. about 4 1/2 inches i think..

mEmYSELFaNDj

Hey ladies I havent been in here in a while. Im so tired of hair. I put two big french braids on both sides of my hair in the front and 10 plaits in the back. and have just been m&s everyday. its soo easy. but not that cute. my SO gonna tell me this morning that I look like I should be talkin like this "Mas'sa said I cuh go help out in duh big house, down by duh bayou" lol I do look kinda slave like haha But hey its getting the job done.
I need a break from hair, well my hair atleast. I want my install back!!!

Oh and im so excited I ordered a steamer and its going to deliver today. I cant wait to use it. Although I need to find a good DC I cant find the one I used to use anymore, do you ladies have suggestions?

curlycrocheter

I think I've discovered what will work for me FINALLY!!!!!! :clap:

I'm so tired of the ssk and that, if anything, will be what keeps me from WL. So I thought to myself....how can I get rid of these nasty little suckers or at least keep them in check w/o the heat (I'm in a no heat challenge as well)

So I cowashed, and divided my hair into small sections moisturized from root to tip and sealed with plenty of coconut oil. I THOROUGHLY detangled each section with a wide tooth comb, then went back over it with my denman or a finer tooth comb. Then I put it in one ponytail and banded that with about 6 ponytail holders.

My plan was to just keep my hair covered and not take it down, but moisturize and seal my ends twice daily. But I wound up going to Jungle Java w/ DD and my BFF. I took the bands out and BAM :gorgeous: :gorgeous: :gorgeous:

Blingin' beautiful hair!! I loved it!!! I'm realizing I hate buns, so this will be my go to ps.....yes I've added pics lol! They aren't any good. Just camera phone shots.

Attachments

• banded hair.jpg
    banded hair.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 29
  • blinging hair.jpg
    blinging hair.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24

JJamiah

Hey ladies I havent been in here in a while. Im so tired of hair. I put two big french braids on both sides of my hair in the front and 10 plaits in the back. and have just been m&s everyday. its soo easy. but not that cute. my SO gonna tell me this morning that I look like I should be talkin like this "Mas'sa said I cuh go help out in duh big house, down by duh bayou" lol I do look kinda slave like haha But hey its getting the job done.
I need a break from hair, well my hair atleast. I want my install back!!!

Oh and im so excited I ordered a steamer and its going to deliver today. I cant wait to use it. Although I need to find a good DC I cant find the one I used to use anymore, do you ladies have suggestions?

LOLOLOLOL

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

DesignerCurls

Add me to this please...I am so excited!!! :grin:
I am currently at APL and should be on my way to MBL by the end of the year (which is pretty much BSL for me). Will post a length check picture in Dec. I am officially apart of the Big Girl Club!!!

Plan to WL:
~co-washes
~low poos
~protein treatment
~deep conditioning
~protein shakes & multi-vitamins (gotta take care of the inside as well as the outside :grin:

~Increase protective styles
~Incorporate an exercise routine

HHG ladies!

WriteCurl

Please add me to this challenge! I need the encouragement. My hair is natural and I wear it curly and straight. My longest layer is currently BSL. I've never surpassed this length. My retention plan includes:
-drinking plenty of water
- wearing protective styles at least 2 wks out of every month (starting this fall/winter)
deep conditioning twice/month
- keeping my ends sealed and stretched

Janet'

Please add me to this challenge! I need the encouragement. My hair is natural and I wear it curly and straight. My longest layer is currently BSL. I've never surpassed this length. My retention plan includes:
-drinking plenty of water
- wearing protective styles at least 2 wks out of every month (starting this fall/winter)
deep conditioning twice/month
- keeping my ends sealed and stretched

Welcome WriteCurl!!!!

I think that upping water intake is just as important as anything else!!! We'll make it happen!

WriteCurl

Thanks for the welcome! Ya know I was thinking, I left one of the most important things off the list. I have achieved BSL with both relaxed and natural hair, but never surpassed it. So for me, it's crucial that I BELIEVE that my hair CAN grow past that length. If we don't believe it - it won't happen. I won't allow myself to slack off this time and then later blame my setbacks on this or that. I parallel my hair growth journey with life. If you want to achieve things that you never have before then you have to do things you've never done before so when I find myself making excuses (as i've done before) I will push through it, visualize my hair goal and do what it takes. Ilm really the only thing that can get in my way.
glad to have this support (and accountability) along the way!!