Worst Salon Experience EVER!!!!

cocoaluv

Ok so I go to the dominicans to get a wash and set once a week. Today I didnt go to my usual salon because I worked overtime and my salon has a " get here by 5pm or no service: rule. I go to the backup salon because I know they stay open late and I wanted a deep condition and all that and didnt feel like being rushed. I go there and they are already pissed cuz I bring my own products and I know they are talking sh!t about me in their language. I dont care cuz I dont really like that cheap crap they put in my hair anyways. The lady put me under the dryer for my deep conditon.....damn near burned my scalp off cuz it was waaaaaaaaaay too high. Then the next lady does my rollerset.....and smells like fish. Then when you think it couldnt get any worse I get a blow out ( im 7 weeks post) only on my roots. this lady b!tches about how i need a perm and put the hair dryer on high hell and directly onto my scalp. :wallbash: and after all of that pain....I dont even like my hair :nono: Never again!!!

Ladies I know I'm not alone here...what was your worst salon experience?

TLC1020

When my hair was cut short in a Halle Berry Pixie cut, so I would always go to her since she cut such pretty styles, mine you my appt was at 1pm and so is everyone else :sad:. So we're all sitting there waiting on her, 2:30pm came and went and now I'm starting to get really pist, she walked her a$$ in there at 4pm like she was on time :wallbash:. When she got to her station she started doing the stylist hair next to her, me and the other clients all looked at each other like WTF. When she got to me she apologized and started doing my hair I didn't respond and acted like I didn't hear her.

She gave me an Indigo relaxer and used KeraCare products which did absolutely nothing for my hair. After she was done I liked my cut and how it was curled but it looked so dry and dusty. I told her that my hair like thick creamy products and therefore I use Motions, she was like I don't like Motions and I replied but my hair thrives on their products for medium to coarse hair.. KeraCare just run right thru my hair like water.. Needless to say she didn't use them.. I walked out of there without saying thank you and that was the last time I been to the salon 2005.. Mine you I would pay her a$$ $50 every two weeks for a wash and curl and she was never there on time.. :wallbash:

And the rest is history :ohwell:

nappity

Too recent= still cant talk about it
But it had a Dominican salon
A blow drier
A round brush and a flat iron

Cost:$35.00 and 2 inches of hair that had to get cut off

Still traumatized:nono:

Leslie_C

The last 2 stylists I went to were probably the last ones Ill probably ever go to. The first one had to go next door to the BSS and buy neutralizing shampoo while I sit there with relaxer in my head that was burning.

The second one blow dried and flat ironed with marcel irons and no protectant and my hair smelled like a burned down house.

These incidents have been more than 2 years ago and I havent set foot in a salon since.

SMH....:nono:

girlyprincess23

my worst experience was recently. I got a TU and the stylist wanted to leave to go somewhere and her daughter was crying she was hungry so she just ripped through my ng slapped the relaxer in the WRONG WAY (she was supposed to start in the back because i texlax) and was just real hurried and I was just like that's ok, ill just do it now since im in a bind cuz its my bday and i want my hair down but NEVER again!! other people want my money!! and she laughed when i said dont trim my ends!!

zora

Mine was recent too. I'm was all hyped about partially meeting my 2007 goal of having shoulder length hair. In fact I kind of surpassed my goal, because my hair was growing like a weed. It was actually past my shoulders.

Anywho, like the crazy person that I am, I see ONE split end and decide to get a trim. Granted, the front of my hair is shorter than the back of my hair, but by the time ole girl finished trimming my hair, I had a mullet!:nono:

I was SO pissed! I had to cut a good 2-3 inches in the back, so it wouldn't be so mullet-like.

Yet another setback due to a freakin salon. This has reinforced the fact that I will do my OWN hair from now on.

Tallone

My worst experience didnt even involve getting service. I made an appt at a salon solely because it was open on Sunday, and well, I'm a busy professional with 2 kids. This salon happened to be in the hood and the staff was extremely "ghetto" sorry, it is what it is. So I get there 10 mins b4 my appt only to be told that the stylist I booked with is running late. 30 mins later I am told that she called and stated she wouldn't be in because she is sick from her wild night the night before. I needed a sew in at the time so this wasn't pretty. The clerk told me she would get me another stylist. So as I read my book, I heard her ask the only other stylist who replied..."Na-uh I can't be doing no sew-ins. Me and my boo going to da Reeyed Lobstah tonite and Im 'bout my shrimps tonite, whuuuut?" (this is verbatim). I left..ANGRY!:angry2: I wanted to write a letter ot management but of course, why waste the ink

ttlayli

My worst experience didnt even involve getting service. I made an appt at a salon solely because it was open on Sunday, and well, I'm a busy professional with 2 kids. This salon happened to be in the hood and the staff was extremely "ghetto" sorry, it is what it is. So I get there 10 mins b4 my appt only to be told that the stylist I booked with is running late. 30 mins later I am told that she called and stated she wouldn't be in because she is sick from her wild night the night before. I needed a sew in at the time so this wasn't pretty. The clerk told me she would get me another stylist. So as I read my book, I heard her ask the only other stylist who replied..."Na-uh I can't be doing no sew-ins. Me and my boo going to da Reeyed Lobstah tonite and Im 'bout my shrimps tonite, whuuuut?" (this is verbatim). I left..ANGRY!:angry2: I wanted to write a letter ot management but of course, why waste the ink

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I'm sorry, but that IS sooo ghetto!!!!!

Mortons

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I feel bad about your experience but that was too much right there. I would have went upside someones head.

steph19

Well this past saturday I cut all my hair off...it went from neck length to the Kelis doo minus the extra trail of hair towards the back

The problem was that my appointment was at 10 am and I had to wake up at 8:30 just to be ready on time..I get there and she says "oh I have to wait to shampoo u cuz i have to see how i'm gonna cut your hair so it'll be a little minute"...i say ok...I sat there until 12:45pm before she finally came over to me and said it was my turn:wallbash:...mind u i was ssssooo pissed because everyone that came in after me during this time got to go on ahead and get theirs done, and ofcourse the other stylists kept lookin at me and talkin about me like why am i still sittin there lookin stupid:sad:... I disnt gt out of there until almost 4pm:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Ugh I just hate the salon PERIOD and I really wasnt even happy anymore about starting my journey to healthy long hair after all that damn unprofessionalism:nono:(is that a word :ohwell: oh well yall know what i mean :lachen:)

So yea thats my story:nono:

tbaby_8

I know I am a timid person at times, but for the ones that could, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LEAVE AND NOT COME BACK! For the ones that kept returning and giving their money to the stylist, WHY!:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

I have learned that their are too many stylist and if you don't like the way that they treat you, don't patronize them. They reason these ghetto bunnies keep acting like they do is because we as clients allow them to get away with it. Not all stylist are like this. There are some that are very professional, even though far and few between. Yes, I say give a professional stylist a second chance, except if they do a manager mistake, buy give them a chance to get use to your hair and work with it. I have learned that some stylist that don't style hair as well really know how to take care of it and make it healthy. They might give you a grandma style, but your hair is so healthy and not burnt to a crisp.:lachen:

Yesterday, my appt is at 2:30. So I get there and wait for 1 hour for her to finish another client's hair. I'm already fuming, then I realize there's another person ahead of me she hasn't started. So, I'm like I'm going to get something to eat. She and another stylist both ask me to bring them some food too!:rolleyes:

I get back with the food at 4:00, but I have to wait until she finishes eating and doing whatever for her to start my hair, which was after 4:30! I left with a wet head, and I still didn't get out until 8:00 last night!

No more I tell you!

Nola Darling

Last year I went to a new Dominican salon because my stylist got booked up since it was before Thanksgiving. Before I started with them I said....I HAVE NATURAL HAIR. NAPPY. NATURAL. They said, yes momi, we can do it, you will look beautiful.

So as soon as I get into her chair for a blow out, I just knew it was going to be a disaster. She burnt the **** out of my hair with the blow dryer. Then everyone came around talking about how I need a relaxer.

All I heard was RELAXER MOMI RELAXER, WHY NO?

I asked to leave her chair maybe 5 times but she assured me my hair would look nice. Did it? No. My hair looked like a big mushroom. Even though I did have a good experience with a Dominican in the past, that one scared me for life and I will NEVER visit a Dominican salon again!!!!!

caramelcutieinva

I was in a fashion show , and my hair needed to be relaxed bad. I called and told her my situation and booked my appointment. I decided to go early in the morning ( 9:30 am ) so I could make it to the show early.

I walked in their with a big fro. I looked around and the salon was full of people. I watched her do color, and cuts on walk ins.

I was sitting theres o long I finished my food and my three magazines. She finally gets to my hair and bastes my scalp, then she stops.

She tells me she will get back to me in a minute. This lady stops to eat a sandwich.

Long story short she finally finished my hair at 1pm. I was late to the fashion show, and my hair was all frizzy by the time I got there.

MizzBrown

This happened to me ONE time and I vowed never again will I compromise my time and energy on a stylist.

MY MISTAKE! I went to my stylist on a Saturday. Her worse day cause I knew better to go during the week but i didnt have time. You shouldve seen all of us lined up on her couch watching her like a Hawk and asking around "who's next? what were u getting done" so we could estimate our own time.

She played me, had her assistant base me up and then left me there for another hour. That's how they get you! Get your a$$ in the chair and put something on your scalp so you can't move. I contemplated leaving w/ that based up head sooo bad, but I didnt have time to go home and wash it out and the thought of having to drive up and down the street to find a stylist on a SATURDAY to finish my already based up head was slim.

I think I had a 2pm appointment and i HAD to be out of there to go to work down the street by 6:15pm. I left the salon at 6 after repeatedly telling her I had to be at work.

Another time this happened was when my current stylist was out on maternity leave and her co-stylist was taking her clients. I showed up at 10am like clockwork cause i was a regular, every 2 weeks and co-stylist was late and didnt show up til 11am so i went and got some more hair for my twists just in case,got breakfast and when I came back at 11am she already had her 11am sittin her chair doing these SMALL A$$ cornrows and she is SLOOOOW as hell.

I waited ONE HOUR MAX! and said BYE and went down the street and walked in to get some flat twsts done. Yeah it cost me more but I REFUSED to have a jacked up head just come someone can't be professional.

I dont do salons anymore unless I need a relaxer but my limit is ONE HOUR! Based up head, wet head, whatever! And I WILL talk about you in the next stylist's chair!

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT YOU PERMIT! JUST LEAVE THE SALON!

MizzBrown

By the way,

A lot of stylists are good but they just lack time management skills. That's why my current stylist ALWAYS ask me when i call for an appointment, WHAT ARE YOU GETTING DONE?

You cannot say just a wash & rollerset, and then when u get there, you want a relaxer and cornrows down your back. My stylist will actually tell u either over the phone or in the chair if u change your mind that "NO, I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THAT" because she has other clients.

This goes for the clients & stylists. You changing your mind in the chair causes someone else to be 2-3 hours behind.

If I change my mind about my style, then I always call her back and say, i need this or that instead, cause it could add another 1-2 hrs on her time.

Stylists get money hungry and just think about the cost of the style w/ no regards to time and how many heads she has to do...so in reality, she's LOSING money and reputation.

So now, I ask her why is she late? Why are you running behind today? Relaxer run out? Someone needed a relaxer instead of a wash or someone wanted a wedding updo when she thought they just wanted a cut & style?

ASK HER WHY SHE IS LATE! Be bold and put her on blast in front of the WHOLE salon.

After I grew my relaxer hair out for two years in high school my mom suggested I get a texlaxer from her hair stylist before I went off to college. This lady put a thioglycolate based straightener in my hair and left it in for 40 min. while she did someone else's press-n-curl. I just complained and she said that it really needed to take. After finally washing, blow drying, and curling my hair it was bone straight!! And then she suggested that I do straw sets and braid outs if I wanted a textured look. WTF! And my scalp had all of these scabs and sores in it that pussed!! I was like two years down the drain!:wallbash: I was really mad at my mother for recommending I go to her, especially after she tells me that she was losing her hair in the back after getting chemical services done by this lady, (then why tell me to got to her??:nuts:). I got the courage to big chop 6 mos. later and when I went home for summer vacation and picked up my mom from her appointment at the salon - she looked at my twa and said "I knew you were going to do that" ... and I was thinking hell yeah, after you killed my hair and burned my scalp!:angry2:

Tallone

I like to go during the week to my regular stylist. Saturday is everybody's day. My regular stylist does cost more, and you have to be there at your appt time or you are out of luck but she moves everyone in and out like a well oiled machine. Unfortunately, everyone is not like that and they work at their own pace and hold all the cards.
I wish more people would demand more from their stylist