Would you take a pill to convert your relaxed hair into natural hair?

Zakina

Don't laugh at me....I don't know much about relaxers...have been natural for most of my life, here goes my questions:

Why would you want to go back to natural hair, when it takes so much time to take care of and causes so much frustration?
What is so bad about a relaxer?

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I only read the first page, so bear with me.

You ladies, especially those of you with long hair already do realize that it will only take you about 3 years to grow your hair to bra strap (in optimum conditions) from about 2 -3 inches of natural hair. That's not a long time at all. If your scalp and hair is healthy, what's losing length for a year or two if what you really want is nappy hair? I was shoulder length (in the back) in a little over a year. And the first two years I didn't even attempt to take care of my hair like I do now. :lol: :lol:

Mizani_Mrs

girl u too crazy, good points girl. it does seems like some people are romanticizing the transition but i think they aint feelin the idea because they've fought blood sweat and tears to become natural and by giving it away to erbody with a pill then it kinda devalues the appreciation and admiration that we have for natural heads. Like imagine if you spend 4-5 years in college and got a BS degree, then the year after UCLA started giving out BS degrees to anyone who emailed them.

But anyways, since this is my fantasy...yes this hair board will still be in existence so i wouldn't have any problem figuring out how to handle my hair. as a matter of fact, this pill would also have some sort of a mental stimulant (all natural of course) that would make it easily clear the power that she has as a woman. For instance, we would no longer give up the goods for free.... We could so rule the world... closed legs is power!! :lachen:

i took this thread to a whole nother level....no i'm not bipolar...im sipping on coconut rum and coke... :grin:

JCoily said:
Ok, I need clarification: If this imaginary pill comes out - do hair boards go away? Cuz I'm figuring that if I had brastrap length natural hair overnight, LHCF could help me keep it.

KiSseS03

I have to agree 100% with JCoily... transitioning SUCKS! This is my third time, and this time I'm doing it more healthily which means NO HEAT and being extra gentle with my hair. I posted this same thing a few days ago.. When you're transitioning it takes a lot of effort to make your hair NOT look busted! I've learned my lesson this time, and I'll neva eva eva eva relax my tresses again.

If this pill were on the market, and there were no scary side effects you betcha I'd take iy, especially since the only thing that's holding me back from chopping is not wanting short hair...

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I wish I had it before my transition, but I have to admit my hair would have been messed up for those first few months from trying to figure out what the *@#$ to do with it!

RainbowCurls

JCoily said:
The only thing I learned from transitioning is that I don't ever want to have to do it again.

Ditto! :D

I learnt very little from transitioning, because your hair behaves differently when you've cut off those relaxed ends.

If there was a 100% safe pill with no side effects to turn my relaxed hair back to it's natural state, I would have taken it.

hopeful

1QTPie said:
I only read the first page, so bear with me.

You ladies, especially those of you with long hair already do realize that it will only take you about 3 years to grow your hair to bra strap (in optimum conditions) from about 2 -3 inches of natural hair. That's not a long time at all. If your scalp and hair is healthy, what's losing length for a year or two if what you really want is nappy hair? I was shoulder length (in the back) in a little over a year. And the first two years I didn't even attempt to take care of my hair like I do now. :lol: :lol:

Good point:).

meia

i've been transitioning for about a year now and i'm thinking in the near future maybe i'll cut my hair...but i first have to get over the mental bump and then get some scissors....mentally transitioning has been the one of the hardest things i had to cope with when considering all me and my hair has been through (minus the twa cut in third grade)....

honestly, i'd take it in a heartbeat....natural hair does actually mean that much more time i need to spend on hair, but it would be no different if i had a relaxer except i wouldn't have to put out money for expensive salon visits and i'd feel more in-touch with who i am, naturally...lol but, on another note, i'll get there one day so i'm not worried about it--- ;)