Would you take advice from someone

Coffee

whose hair you've never seen? That's what my sister was told about me, from a friend of hers. She (sister) thought I would be upset, but I wasn't; I understood where her friend was coming from. I would want no need to see the person's hair that would be giving me advice on how to care for it.

So what's your opinion :nono:?

JJamiah

I think Once I talk to you and I speak to you in general. If you seem to be someone who knows what you speak off, you could be bald, under wigs, always in braids, under a head dress, I'd still take advice if it sound good to me.

Now scabby hair and looking a little tatty I might not! :perplexed: JMO

BlkOnyx488

We read peoples advice everyday on LHCF with seeing everyone's hair. I personally keep my hair in cornrows as a protective style, I only wear it out 3 or 4 times a year. but I am always passing on hair advice.

Also if the advice sounds suspect post it LHCF and let us ladies sort out if it is good or not :yep:

Coffee

We read peoples advice everyday on LHCF with seeing everyone's hair. I personally keep my hair in cornrows as a protective style, I only wear it out 3 or 4 times a year. but I am always passing on hair advice.

Also if the advice sounds suspect post it LHCF and let us ladies sort out if it is good or not :yep:

The advice was coming from me to someone who didn't know or had ever seen my hair. This person doesn't know about hair forums :blush:. Reading and actually taking the advice of someone whose hair we haven't seen is different :grin:. The majority of the ladies do or have shown pictures of their hair on the forum :yep:.

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
...Nope. I listen to people on the forums because I have albums to stalk to see the progress they've made. I may not see their hair in person, or they may be in a protective style, but I need some evidence.

But I'm a skeptic like that.

silenttullip

I would... There's one lady here... Nonie I think (hope its ok I mentioned you) I never had seen her hair until recently seeing some pics and info she gave in a different thread. A while back she gave detailed advice to me and I took it. Not because I saw here hair but what she said made sense. I guess it depends on the person... Now I could have another person come to me with hair I have see and if shes suggesting I rub relaxer on my hair 2x a week to help it grow (let's suppose hers is bsl or wl) IT STILL AINT HAPPENING to me when it comes to hair Knowledge is believing then comes the seeing. If that makes sense
(right now I don't have a pic of my hair up but I hope that wouldn't stop someone from using info I share)

Last edited:

ShortyDooWhop

Just as an aside, I used to give hair advice to friends and family and NO ONE paid me any attention. So, I just did me. I rocked my protective style, took my vitamins, moisturized and sealed religiously. My hair was my man. Then I wore my hair down and once the same family and friends saw my hair was bra-strap length, they started to ask questions. Funny thing was I wasn't so eager to repeat myself...

allmundjoi

I hate to say this, but I tend to only take hair advice from people who have hair longer than mine (which isn't that hard, me being a lil' past CB) and they have a similar texture/type and I can see their hair. The proof that your methods work are in the length. Now that's not to say that someone with NL hair w/great retention isn't doing the right thing, I think for me its just easily appreciated when APL has been achieved. *shrug* I also tend to listen more to folks who went from EL to APL and show me pictures, than someone who has been BSL most of their life. I think before LHCF, I would have listened to anyone without seeing their hair. Lol.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I will take advice from anyone who seem to speak with intelligence about the subject of hair. It's on me to do proper research to ensure what I'm being told is accurate and a good fit for my hair. There are many people who have shorter hair but knows just as much and/or even more than I about hair. They might opt to have their hair short for a reason. I've seen some stylists with hair looking a HAM but that's because they don't take the time to do their own but truly knows all things hair. For me, it's situational.

Coffee

Well based on what my sister said her friend's hair looks like, she should be willing to take advice from Don King :lachen::lachen::lachen:.

knt1229

I would take advice without seeing their hair but that's because I know my own hair so I can assess whether what is being said would be beneficial to me and makes sense. If it does then I will try it. If it doesn't make sense for me then I'll just KIM.

belldandy

yeah...i take advice from all sorts of people..shoulder length totailbone...i hear them out and consider their advice. i dont necessarily do what they say unless i find it to be agreeable to my sensibilities. there is a lot that can be learned if we just listen.

Whimsy

I LISTEN to the advice from anyone, why not? I don't IMPLEMENT their advice unless it sounds worthwhile to me.

SmileyNY

I LISTEN to the advice from anyone, why not? I don't IMPLEMENT their advice unless it sounds worthwhile to me.

I agree :yep: I'm always open to listen. You don't have to be a hair expert to hold potentially useful information about hair care.

I haven't had a good look at the hair on the heads of most ppl on this board, but I've learned plenty of valuable lessons about hair care here.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

RoseTintedCheeks

I listen to anyone even it's just to be polite. I can usually distinguish between it being something I might try or something I know I'm not going to do.