Xenna the next big thing compared to Phyto?

SimpleKomplexity

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news...Xenna-Corporation--hair-relaxer-chemical-free

Xenna sees huge growth for chemical-free hair relaxer

if (document.getElementById('dnm_pub_774')){clicktag = '';InsertAd('3958/25471','774','cat=t');} // ATTENTION, il est nécessaire avec IE6 de fermer et réouvrir ici la balise SCRIPT !!!if (document.getElementById('dnm_pub_774')){// on teste si une pub a été trouvéeif (adLoadedInBlock('dnm_appelpub_774')){bHtmlBanner = true;}GestionLayersFlash('dnm_pub_774', 'layerAdCentral2', clicktag,'250','250');}

12-Mar-2008 - Xenna Corporation says that its new take on hair relaxers - a formulation that is in fact chemical free - has led to a significant rise in demand for the product.

Tapping into the rapidly growing market for natural-based products, Xenna has taken one of the personal care products that is most likely to be associated with harsh chemicals and reinvented it.

The company's Curlaway Curl Relaxer is described as a non-alkaline gel that relaxes hair gradually without the brittleness or breakage that is often associated with its chemical-based counterparts.

The product, which is marketed at the ethnic hair care market, is said to have proved a success with consumers, underlined by the company's claim that sales of the product have grown by 25 percent in the last year.

Ethnic consumers prefer natural hair care

Increasing awareness of the potential hazards associated with synthetic ingredients in personal care formulations has filtered down to virtually every consumer group, with a recent report from Mass Market Retailer particularly stressing the importance of ethnic consumers.

"Natural and organic products have become an increasingly important driving force in hair care products marketed to African-American women and men," the report details.

The fact that Xenna's natural hair relaxer has proved popular might also be attributed to the fact that African-Americans have a very high spend on hair care products, often hunting out the best quality formulations to ensure there is no breakage or dryness.

The product has been formulated with grapeseed to act as a natural moisturizer and Vitamin B-5 to ensure the condition of the hair.

Tackling the 'frizz' problem

Likewise it is applied as a rinse-out overnight treatment or as a daytime leave-in conditioning-relaxer that can be used continuously to achieve totally straight hair or occasionally to obtain a 'frizz-free' effect.

However, concerns over hair relaxers go beyond just hair condition, with recent scientific reports pointing to a chemical called 1,4-dioxane, contained in 97 percent of hair relaxers on the market and claimed to have a link to breast cancer.

The inclusion of 1,4-dioxane in personal care products has been causing concern in the personal care industry, with a recent study carried out by lobby group the Environmental Working Group highlighting the amount of cosmetic products that contain the hazardous chemical.
blank.gif

This is an Xenna "Press Release" and therefore lacks objectivity. Are they releasing the ingredients list?

Deionized water, PEG 400 mono stearate, dimethylsulfone MSM), natural acetic acid, grapeseed oil, xanthan gum, fragrance.

OK. Now I will have to research and determine what is the active ingredient that "relaxes" the curl.

Last edited:
This is an Xenna "Press Release" and therefore lacks objectivity. Are they releasing the ingredients list?

Deionized water, PEG 400 mono stearate, dimethylsulfone MSM), natural acetic acid, grapeseed oil, xanthan gum, fragrance.

OK. Now I will have to research and determine what is the active ingredient that "relaxes" the curl.

Exactly. It's all chemical: Organic or synthetic, it is still a chemical. One of my professors used to say that all the time.

Anything that causes a change in your hair is still a chemical process. Everything else is just marketing.

Looks to me like it may be a combo of the MSM and the acetic acid. People who take MSM internally usually notice a "softening" or slight relaxing of their texture, and citric acid is included in pretty much every single product for straightening hair or controlling frizz b/c the acidity smooths the cuticle. So it makes sense that these two together would have a that effect, and that it would be continuous rather than all at once.

I did a search but these are VERRRRRRRRRY old reviews from 3-5 years ago. Any recent reviews?

hmmm I wonder about this Xenna also. It doesn't stay for long periods of time...only about a month or so...I'm still looking for more newer reviews on this one

I talked to the owner of this company - about a year ago.
It is the Acetic Acid - ACV basically - and not the food Grade.
It is an industrial Grade.....

Any hoo - I just thought it wastoo much to take a risk on.

HTH

No way, I always think of RIO when I hear about these new ways to relax.:nono::nono::nono:

Yeah Rio came to my mind too. I actually used it and my hair was fine. I still remember that lady saying you can eat that mess (or am I getting confused with something else?)

Yeah Rio came to my mind too. I actually used it and my hair was fine. I still remember that lady saying you can eat that mess (or am I getting confused with something else?)

So - how did you like the Xenna treatment?

Please - Do let us know!
:yep:

Back