Yet another hair site

Tara

I didn't write the info, but just thought it was intersting. Much of it is stuff we already know...

http://www.koolindians.com/looking_good/hairmyths.php3

Enjoy, ....or not

ngaa

thanks for the link tara agen its the same things we kno but it helps to keep seeing them written down

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Myth # 8 is interesting...hmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure is, isn't it? hmmmmm...

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Myth #8...

Oh no they didn't!

They must be talking about the same "henna" Oudiad was trying to scrape out of that model's hair...

BrightEyes

LOL @ the last one.

It's funny because I just posted about my issues with henna making my hair less curly and somewhat limp.

Allandra

pebbles said:
Myth # 8 is interesting...hmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure is, isn't it? hmmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is.

ms_kenesha

Myth 1:Washing frequently harms your hair.

You've probably heard all your life that frequent washing damages hair. But this is almost like saying that bathing everyday is harmful for your skin. Washing, as such, isn't harmful for hair, it is shampoos with strong chemicals that do the damage. So if you choose a shampoo that suits your hair and is soft enough for everyday use you have no cause for worry. So go right ahead and wash those tresses every time they feel sticky and grimy.

Myth 2:Oily hair doesn't need conditioners.

Conditioners protect hair by making them tangle-free. And oily hair is just as prone to tangles as any other type of hair. So don't bother about your hair type but use a conditioner after every wash to make your hair silky and delightfully soft.

Myth 3:Chopping hair makes it grow faster.

Trimming your hair will not directly contribute towards making your hair grow faster (sounds obvious doesn't it?). Hair loss can only treated by a healthy diet and proper hair-care. But regular trimming every four to six weeks is essential to keep your hair free of spilt ends.

Myth 4:Hair dryers don't harm your hair.

They do. Hair dryers dry out hair and damage hair shafts when they're used too hot or too close to the hair. The best thing to do is to use them infrequently. And when you have no option but to use a dryer, make sure that your hair is moist.

Myth 5:Steaming hot water is good for hair.

Absolutely not! It actually washes away natural oil leaving your hair dull and brittle.

Always use cold or tepid water to wash your hair.

Myth 6:Rubbing onion juice on a bald patch stimulates hair growth.

Whether it raises your hair or not, others will find this absolutely hair-raising!

If your hair loss turns into a severe problem, then you have to consult your doctor. Hair loss can be caused by a scalp infection or some other ailment. Bald patches can also be the result of stress or emotionally problems.

Myth 7:Brushing hair vigorously encourages hair growth.

Brushing hair increases circulation and activates oil glands. But if your hair is already oily it's best not to aggravate the problem by brushing too much. Indiscriminate brushing also damages hair.

Myth 8: Henna cannot harm hair.

Henna is a natural conditioner and hair dye, but it is best to use it in small quantities.

Frequent application takes the bounce off you hair leaving it limp and straggly.

Crysdon

I eyed that one too Pebbles. I was hoping that they're talking about blow dryers and not a bonnett.

cheveux

pebbles said:
I have to say, Myth #4 is interesting also. Hmmm...something to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pebbles, now that you mention it, I've always wondered about this! It seems reasonable to conclude that a hair dryer (dome/bonnet) is really a diffused blow dryer though perhaps not as damaging. I particularly wonder about the effect on the scalp at the salons where the temp is very high or even when I set it high myself to dry my hair faster.

pebbles

Pebbles, now that you mention it, I've always wondered about this! It seems reasonable to conclude that a hair dryer (dome/bonnet) is really a diffused blow dryer though perhaps not as damaging. I particularly wonder about the effect on the scalp at the salons where the temp is very high or even when I set it high myself to dry my hair faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi cheveux,

You make an excellent point. I always considered blow- dryers a no-no, but I guess a dome dryer can be damaging also. I just always felt safe using a dome dryer, but I'm going to pay more attention to the temperature I use from now on. The only problem is that in lowering the heat, drying time is going to be so long!
Oh well...

cheveux

Hi Pebbles
&amp; thanks Tara. Your thoughts finally gave me the conviction to commit to one air dry out of 2 a week. I'll do the dome on the second and maybe eventually even wean myself off that. But I do love the results from the dome dryer