"You dont even have any hair!"

BGT

Under the dryer now with a roller set. Wearing it down tomorrow before the afternoon chop. :yep:

Last edited:

Pinkicey

So Friday afternoon, I was leaving out of my work building the same time as an older white lady and we talked about weekend plans. I told her that I was thinking of cutting my hair into a bob and she said, "why? You don't even have any hair!" As you can see in my avatar, I am BSL, longer than her hair actually. That day I was wearing a bun, but I do wear my hair out every once in a while. I guess it just bothered me that this white lady assumed I had no hair! :nono:
They're jealous.

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

I would have lost my job. I goes hard for my hair and will result to mockery, name calling, and calling out mothers.

I've gone in on co workers before. You're a better woman than I!

BGT

Saw her this morning as soon as I walked in and she said my hair looked nice. Anyway, I went ahead and chopped. Went to Super Cuts and got cut by a black lady there. $15!

Attachments

• image-3250619864.jpg
    image-3250619864.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2782048043.jpg
    image-2782048043.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3756740512.jpg
    image-3756740512.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
you just took it the wrong way. our reactions are based on our perception. and shes white, you know alotta white people have long hair. BSL is short hair for them. dont be offended

southerncitygirl

Harina I agree. Most white folks I see day to day have hair anywhere btw sl- mbl. I think SL is short to yt folks but not BSL.

I think the problem is that black women have diarrhea of the mouth and tell/talk too much.... then YT folks apply it to all all of plays a role & we could turn into another thread, SMDH)Many black women run around talking about how they hate their hair, that they don't wash it, and black hair doesn't grow. I am also regularly around stank, funky hair that hasn't been washed in eons when I get on the subway cause some black women still believe dirt makes your hair grow. I know all of us don't do this but there are enough. I also have to remind myself that what we do on the forum doesn't apply to very many people IRL.

I like your bob BGT the length is perfect and it will look cute wavy & curly as well.

overtherainbow

^I completely agree. A lot of it is based on us telling all of our business. I remember my first college roommate watched me towel dry my freshly washed hair in shock and say "But I thought black girls don't wash their hair." I asked her where she got that idea from and she said a black girlfriend.