"you have to stop using suave...and VO5"

lilsparkle825

take that comment with a grain of salt; i stan for suave tropical coconut and VO5 S&C. that is an excerpt from an article about black hair care i just read while making the blog rounds. click here to read the article, but here is more of that paragraph, the things that made me laugh in italics:

"When it comes to managing African American and Bi-racial hair there are only two hair care companies on the market that will leave your hair in salon quality condition and not greasy or dull. You have to stop using Suave, Salon Selectives, Motions, and Alberto VO5, because although affordable, hey will leave your hair type dry and brittle. If you want professional looking hair,without making a salon visit each week,then try Ojon Hair Products or Beauty 4 Ashes’s GodHead™ Hair care Products."

wow i just italicized half the paragraph. i see another blog entry coming out of this.

anyhoo...THOUGHTS? what are blogs and beauty websites teaching the masses...smh.

what are blogs and beauty websites teaching the masses...smh.

That beautiful hair is monetarily out of the reach of the average person. Because those products are expensive as all h3ll. C'mon now, all the hair care products in the world, including different ones used at different salons, and somehow those are the only 2 that will give you salon results? Makes you wonder if they're getting kick backs? Shoot, if I want salon results, all I have to do is comb my hair real rough til it rips out of my head and I want to cry from the pain, slap some mineral oil-based product on it, and turn some heat appliance on extra hot and burn my ear. Bam, salon results.

Last edited:
That beautiful hair is monetarily out of the reach of the average person. Because those products are expensive as all h3ll. C'mon now, all the hair care products in the world, including different ones used at different salons, and somehow those are the only 2 that will give you salon results? Makes you wonder if they're getting kick backs? Shoot, if I want salon results, all I have to do is comb my hair real rough til it rips out of my head and I want to cry from the pain, slap some mineral oil-based product on it, and turn some heat appliance on extra hot and burn my ear. Bam, salon results.

AMEN!!!!:lachen:

That beautiful hair is monetarily out of the reach of the average person. Because those products are expensive as all h3ll.

Precisely!! Really now- I would have to be bald I guess if that were true.

Lil'sparkle-- where did you find that article? Just curious what other stuff they are saying... As if it wasn't bad enough that a lot of people just don't believe their own hair can grow or be beautiful anyway, and then experts come out saying that kind of stuff. :nono:

ETA: Never mind, I see where you included the link for the article, I just can't access it from work.

Last edited:

ROFLMAO!!! :funny:

:lachen:That what usually happens to me when I go to the salon anyway. Not to mention the chemical burns from the relaxer.:burning:

haven't y'all learned by now? there are lots of different salon products because Caucasian hair is sooooooooo diverse, but all black hair is the same! and there are only a handful of products "catered" to our black hair, shoot we should be grateful that a company even makes products for us since we're only a tenth of the population anyway.

:rolleyes:

anyway, mwedzi said it best :lol: so i will re-quote her:

haven't y'all learned by now? there are lots of different salon products because Caucasian hair is sooooooooo diverse, but all black hair is the same! and there are only a handful of products "catered" to our black hair, shoot we should be grateful that a company even makes products for us since we're only a tenth of the population anyway.

:rolleyes:

anyway, mwedzi said it best :lol: so i will re-quote her:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ojon Hair Products or Beauty 4 Ashes’s GodHead™ Hair care Products I have tried Ojon and I loved the smell :lick:, but I did not feel that they did a whole lot for my hair, I was transistioning; maybe I need to revisit it, but the price tag is what detered(sp) me. :nono:

I was just thinking, I smell advertisement...

I use V05 and Suave (always hated Motions w/an unnatural passion) on a very regular basis w/no problems. Then again, I am only Cowashing w/these products, but for them to say that only 2 products on the face of the earth (paraphrased) will give AA salon results is more than a stretch, it's pure over exaggeration!

Give me a break. That's the most blatant advertising I've ever seen. I'm going to read the article right now...

Beauty 4 Ashes’s was HORRIBLE!!! The intent and purpose of the company is wonderful but the product itself isn't well formulated. :nono: All natural but smelled like MOLD! That article was an obvious advertisement.

If you click on the link at the bottom of the article, it will take you to a site that (surprise!!!) sells the GodHead products.

I guess the author is also trying to make the point that Suave et. al contain drying sulfates but she just impaired her credibility with me :ohwell:.

I'm sorry! I dont believe that for 1 minute!
Suave and V05 are GOOD conditioners, I like Suave better.

That is rubbish! You can have good quality salon results using the right BSS products.:yep:

:lachen:you got that right!

I am sticking to my VO5 for my cowashes. Although, I do sneak and use my roomies pantene conditioner...But h3ll its in the shower. Right there!:rolleyes:

:lachen::lachen:AND THERE YOU HAVE IT RIGHT THERE, FOLKS!!

This slanted article is an obvious advertisment. Completely bogus!! Some of my best hair days happened as a direct result of using Alberto V05 or Suave .... so take that!

The sad part is that people will believe (wholeheartedly) that foolishness, and the lie that "Black Women can't grow hair" has just been reperpetuated. :nono: :nono:

DON'T FORGET THE OIL SHEEN! Now girl you know you can't get salon results without finishing off with that oil sheen!

You have to be sooo careful now with all these people getting paid to promote things. Even the best people on youtube who had great channels are looking suspicious because they will come out with every product that company has, say they were searching the web and "found" this company, bought everything and loved it:rolleyes:

I agree Ojon RT is the bomb but its not the be all and end all..I've had great success with cheaper brands

True True True:grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

sooooo true wow. most quoted

Back