You rollerset, now what?

*ElleB

All u rollersetting pros this is for you?

So u rollerset ur hair, so then what do u do with it??

Wrap?
Blow out the roots?
Flat iron it?

Pin curl it?

Lemme know! :D

I wrap it. I rarely flat iron, but it is only if I have alot of new growth. I have never blew dry my roots..

Lately, Ive just been wrapping it after Ive applied a little oil and the end results are spectacular.

I comb it to detangle and go about my business.

I like big hair and this method gives me that.

I went to the salon and got my hair washed and set...I had a few months worth of NG and I told her to just wrap it....The end result was horrible!!! I wasted my money because I didn't get it blown out...Or so I thought...I had just gotten my hair wrapped before with out getting it blown out, but that was when there wasn't that much NG, so that doesn't work all the time...Anyone just wrap regardless all the time? (If so, does that mean u are not a stretcher?)

*ElleB said:
I went to the salon and got my hair washed and set...I had a few months worth of NG and I told her to just wrap it....The end result was horrible!!! I wasted my money because I didn't get it blown out...Or so I thought...I had just gotten my hair wrapped before with out getting it blown out, but that was when there wasn't that much NG, so that doesn't work all the time...Anyone just wrap regardless all the time? (If so, does that mean u are not a stretcher?)

Simply wrapping when you have alot of NG is not a good idea to me, your hair need to be simliar in texture in order to :

1: wrap effectively
2 minimize breakage

When I have a lot of NG I always blow out my roots or at weeks 10 + I start flat ironing it....I feel like my new hair is stronger than the ends and can withstand the heat ( with protective spray of course. I am able to blend the NG)...this helps the wrapping process for me...I will lose alot of hair if I try to comb thru NG

I am under the dryer as we speak...2 weeks post and I plan on blowin roots and wrappin' later.

After I rollerset, I wrap with saran wrap and sit back under the dryer for 10-15 minutes. Then I flatiron my roots.

how long does it take for your hair to dry with a roller set? I know when I was relaxed it would take like 4 hours to completely dry. What about people who are doing no heat, do you roller set?

*ElleB said:

I got one question, why even rollerset it? Just blow dry it and curl, I do not see this as much maliputation as rollerset, and blow dry the roots.

I either finger comb it and go or I flat iron it depending on the look that I am going for. Oh and I air dry my roller set. On wet hair it takes about 10 hours to dry.

RavenIvygurl said:
how long does it take for your hair to dry with a roller set? I know when I was relaxed it would take like 4 hours to completely dry. What about people who are doing no heat, do you roller set?
Im relaxed, and I sit under my soft bonnet for a little over 2 hrs on medium heat, because the high setting is TOO hot!:eek:

neonbright said:
I got one question, why even rollerset it? Just blow dry it and curl, I do not see this as much maliputation as rollerset, and blow dry the roots.

It's the heat...Airdrying in rollers and then just hitting the roots with heat (or just plain wrapping when the NG isn't too much) isn't nearly as much heat as blowing it out, then curling (with an iron, I presume)

Back