Your blessing dependent on others....

Renewed1

A friend (Betty) made a statement that got me to thinking. Is a person blessing dependent upon another person getting themselves together?

For example: I have a friend (Joan) that knows who her hubby is but for whatever reason, she is very slow in doing the things she needs to do for the relationship to blossom to that next level (to the fullest extent). Betty made the statement that she and myself can't get our husbands until Joan does the things she needs to do, to be with her future hubby.

This resonated with me, because I felt the exact same way.

It got me to thinking can another person's blessing be "locked up" if we as individuals don't get into our place?

(I'm giving a really short version, she is doing everything properly and in order as a Christian woman and the man has approached her, etc).

kiesha8185

To answer your question, no I don't think a person's blessing dependent upon another person getting themselves together. Man, that would not be fun if that were the case :lachen:

I have many Christian friends who are still struggling in their faith and boy I'd be upset if my blessing of getting married was somehow on hold because they're slow in doing things.

God meets us all at our point of need. He does send people in our life that He may use to help us in our walk, but I don't think the progress of their walk has an affect on when He allows for things to happen in our lives.

Renewed1

God meets us all at our point of need. He does send people in our life that He may use to help us in our walk, but I don't think the progress of their walk has an affect on when He allows for things to happen in our lives.

This is a valid point, that crossed my mind as well. The one thing I would say is that in this walk with my friend (Joan) I have improved as an individual. It did awaken a desire to be married amongst other things.

Guitarhero

I believe that our vocations and duties to the faith are dependent solely upon us and that our faith in G-d's blessings are individual. Well, at least, I hope my blessing aren't directly related to the slacking of another because if I knew, I'd have my foot on their backsides pushing them to hurry up!:lol:

Renewed1

I believe that our vocations and duties to the faith are dependent solely upon us and that our faith in G-d's blessings are individual. Well, at least, I hope my blessing aren't directly related to the slacking of another because if I knew, I'd have my foot on their backsides pushing them to hurry up!:lol:

LOL!!!! ME TOO!!!

makeupgirl

A friend (Betty) made a statement that got me to thinking. Is a person blessing dependent upon another person getting themselves together?

For example: I have a friend (Joan) that knows who her hubby is but for whatever reason, she is very slow in doing the things she needs to do for the relationship to blossom to that next level (to the fullest extent). Betty made the statement that she and myself can't get our husbands until Joan does the things she needs to do, to be with her future hubby.

This resonated with me, because I felt the exact same way.

It got me to thinking can another person's blessing be "locked up" if we as individuals don't get into our place?

(I'm giving a really short version, she is doing everything properly and in order as a Christian woman and the man has approached her, etc).

No, I don't think that our blessings depends on others. God has our blessings for us according to his purposes. What God has for you it is for you and it works to his benefit and in his time. Everything also happens for a reason and everything has a season. Also, we have to go to him with a sincere heart and ask for things according to his will. We can't twist things to be in our will when we go to him. (This is something I'm still learning)

Romans 8:26-28 says " Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knowth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

So, while marriage is in the heart of believers that want to get married; it may not be time for that event to come to pass. God knows our hearts and because we have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and Jesus interceeding for us, the trinity is always at work preparing us for what he as ordained for our lives. Sometimes, I have no idea what to pray for and yep I can be repetitive; but when I allow the Holy Spirit to speak through me, then you know you have asked according to his will and not that of your own.

In this case, your friend could have indeed met her husband but it's not the season for her to be married. It could be a number of things as to why she's taking it slow. Who knows the mind of God, accept God himself. I wouldn't allow what is going on in her life to affect your life OP. If you really want to know why your husband isn't here yet, talk to the Lord. Let him know how you're feeling. But please don't let your friend's path intercept yours. Remember God is not a god of confusion, so why would he allow someone's blessings to be hinder based on someone's path or response.

Let us know how it goes and I'll keep you in my prayers, sis.

Renewed1

makeupgirl thank you. Your post does put everything in perspective. I thought about it this morning and I agree with you. I do believe we can learn from each person experiences. But we must be careful that it doesn't overtake us where we are not productive in the things we need to do.

makeupgirl

@makeupgirl thank you. Your post does put everything in perspective. I thought about it this morning and I agree with you. I do believe we can learn from each person experiences. But we must be careful that it doesn't overtake us where we are not productive in the things we need to do.

you're very welcome :)