Your opinion on the Huetiful Steamer.

MsLauren

I really want to get a steamer and this one popped up the most on google. But
I read so many positive but also negative things about this steamer. What's your opinion on it?? Do you think it's a quality steamer?

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I have one, just haven't used it in awhile, due to pure laziness. Its a good little machine, does the job, and easy to store. I think the issue has been the type of DC used. I think better results were achieved when people have used an oil based vs. water based DC.

But keep doing your research on the product, there's always positives & negatives, but try to decide if it is worth the investment and if it will benefit your hair, and not collecting dust (like mine, hoping to change that).

sikora

I had one and sent it back. I didn't make my hair feel any different from deep conditioning with a plastic cap for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

BrookeLynn

I got one for Christmas. I've used it enough times to give a review.

I like it alot. I'm massaging my hair right now and my hair definitely feels more conditioned and moisturized than it did with just conditioning under a cap for hours. My hair is also more manageable and has a lot of shine. I have not used a deep conditioner with it yet either. I've only used Shea Moisture and Kerapro conditioners with it. I hope that when I use a real dc I'll get even better results.

The one thing I don't like about it is that I don't think it gets the back of my hair enough- and that's the section that gets a lot of ssks. It probably has something to do with the height of my table though. I'll try using a higher chair or something.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
BrookeLynn - same prob, it doesn't get my nape. I tried everything. The only thing that helped a bit was draping a lightweight towel over the steamer more so over the back

Solitude

I've never used the Huetiful steamer. I had a different steamer that broke after about a year. But, just be aware that most of the people on YouTube and blogs writing the glowing reviews for the steamer got it for free. I was semi-interested in it because it can be used as a facial steamer as well and it seems easier to store than a standing steamer.

ToSelahWithLove

I bought one a year ago, and I still maintain it's the best buy I've ever made for my hair. It makes every thing work better on my hair -- reconstructors and conditioners alike. The difference is palpable after the steam session. I like that it's small and easy to store.

My one problem with it is one that people have already spoken of -- The nape area doesn't get as much steaming. To remedy this, I steam by laying on my stomach on the floor (on blankets of course lol). That way I can read, and when I want the steam to get to my nape, I just sort of lower my head more, sort of parallel with the ground. Idk if that makes sense, lol, but it works for me. HTH!

AlwaysNatural

Whenever I go under it the screws at the top snatch the front of my hair. I'm gonna put tape over that part. Other than that, I like it for protein treatment sessions more than reg dc. I love it though.

TonicaG

TonicaG
I too have one and thus far no complaints other than it doesn't get the nape very well but I just rotate my chair and it's fine. It's light weight, easy to store and easy to use. I have noticed a difference when I use it. I don't regret the purchase.

blueberryd

If your gonna spend around $100, I would vote for the salon's r us (lcl beauty) $90 steamer. I haven't tried the heutiful, but i am completely happy with the salons r us steamer.

blueberryd

MsLauren

I've had both and I actually prefer the $90 one. I like how you refill it better. The more expensive one, you have to like flip the water container over--idk, it just got on my nerves. Also, the cheaper one has higher voltage/power. The expensive one has the low-steam option of 320 or the high steam option of 640--the cheaper one just has one 750 option. IF i want to lower the steam--like if I want to steam my face, i just open the little window on the top, which releases the steam.

If you are ever in the market for a dryer--I would recommend theirs also--I could never justify (to myself) spending $400+ on a Pibbs dryer--as awesome as it may be. The salons r us (lcl beauty) dryer works super well for me.

Curlykutie

did you get the professional or home use one??
and why do you think its better?

I got the professional one and I think it's better because of the hood. The hood is bigger and deeper than the heitful, it;s gets my whole head without me laying down.I don't kind the flipping over of the water thingy and I only use distilled water with it. My henna, dye and dc's come out great.

Last edited:

Ogoma

Golden75 said:
BrookeLynn - same prob, it doesn't get my nape. I tried everything. The only thing that helped a bit was draping a lightweight towel over the steamer more so over the back

Great tip; I didn't think of that. I have the standing one. I will try it next time. Now I just hold the hood down for the last 15 minutes, but your way sounds easier.

Last edited:

FindingMe

I've had it for almost 3 years.

PROS:
  • It has held up well.
  • Easy to clean bc the plastic parts pop in and out.
  • It also has the facial steamer, which I've used a few times.
  • It stores easy/doesn't take up much space
  • Relatively inexpensive

CONS:
  • I can't really get to the nape of my neck effectively, but I'm BSL so the ends of my hair need it the most. I'm content to put my hair in a loose pineapple and steam from there concentrating on my ends.
  • Since the parts pop in and out, it's sometimes a pain
  • I also have to fill the reservoir more than once if I want to steam for 30m

All in all, I really like it:grin:, especially for moisture treatments and treatments with oil. For what I paid, it gets the job done. It works much better for me in the concentrated addition of moisture than using a plastic baggy under a heat cap. I usually reserve the heat cap for protein DC treatments and the steamer for moisture DC/oil treatments.

HTH

Last edited:

westNDNbeauty

I reviewed it on my blog, then sold it to a co-worker. I was glad to get $80 back in my pocket. Like someone else said, many blogs that reviewed the product, got it for free. Personally I think my review was a bit more in depth than most (considering it took me 6 months). But if you are interested in the product, there is one on Amazon for $90 (free shipping) called Secura Hair and Facial Steamer