Youtube Natural Hair Maven, Meechy Monroe - In Remission !!!

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
https://www.giveforward.com/fundrai...te&[email protected]&hid=7860592&cid=3887637

My 1 Year Anniversary - Remission
Posted by Mama Monroe on April 15th, 2015

Wow! Today marks my 1 year anniversary when my life changed forever. Tax Day, I remember sitting down with my Mum over a bowl of gumbo at Cooper's Hawk discussing my future plans, upcoming projects and diversifying my craft. From there we met up with my Aunt Felicia who was assisting me with a very special project. I didn't know that what would happen next would turn my world upside down.

I signed my name on the dotted line, imagining the venue space and the things that we could do with it. You see, my team was planning a dope Chicago event that was sure to light the city on fire! We had such cool ideas and I couldn't wait to execute them. I was super excited! But when I opened my mouth I didn't know what I was saying. "Wait a minute, maybe it was because of the double shot of espresso that I had before. The jitters and caffeine must be kicking in." I told myself. When I opened my mouth again, I was confused by what was coming out of it. Somehow, my Mum and Aunt calmed me down and I went home to rest. Never knew that that would be the start of my communication disorder that's better known as Aphasia.

Slurred speech. Where was this coming from? Was it from stress, the excitement of my event or was it from the double shot of espresso? When the doctors reviewed the MRI they knew that it was something much more serious. Fast forward to 3 strokes, 2 brain surgeries, 2 angiogram's, a seizure and lots of discomfort. I then received the news that I had one of the rarest forms of Brain Cancer, a sarcoma that started with a nerve in my brain.

Throughout my bout with cancer I remained HOPEFUL. I didn't know what to think but I did know this, how to pray. I was in and out of the hospital and I can remember how I kept my spirits up.

1) I always woke up at like 4:30 in the morning and would read scriptures and devotional books that my Grandparents provided. I would read and pray until the sun came out.

2) I would listen to inspirational music through my iPad and my favorite band, Foster The People.

3) I made friends in the hospital (Nurses and Doctors) who would come check on me, shared their testimony and even some who prayed with me. Lord Bless them!

4) I watched my all time FAVE TV station HGTV all day!

5) I started to actually like hospital food and took comfort in knowing my body was nourished. Either that or it was the steroids. LOL

6) I had a ton of friends actually come up to the hospital and visit. I don't remember a day going by when I didn't have a visitor.

And here I am...in REMISSION a year later being able to tell the story through the grace and mercy of God! I really can't say thank you enough to my Lord. Even when I'm writing all of this I am crying because the joy I feel in my heart...it could never be explained. I now have zero activity for tumor re-growth, improved speech, re-gained strength in my right hand, clearer thoughts, NO Headaches, NO Memory loss, an appreciation for life and faith that is infallible!!! Tell me my God isn't REAL!!!

God didn't let me go through this alone, he was right there to comfort me and allowed me to lean on him. God also didn't want me to feel alone, that's why he put all of you here (family, friends, fans and everything in-between) to encourage me through the toughest year of me life. And for that I say THANK YOU.

Again, and I will say this for the rest of my days...thank you to everyone that donated no matter the amount, gave me words of encouragement, called me BEAUTIFUL, shared their stories with me and inspired me. My family also thanks you all. You guys are the absolute greatest!

I will start to get my life back on track and partake in things that once was second nature. I'm still healing and re-gaining what was once taking away. With practice and hard work I can do anything, believe that. I also plan on acting on my purpose in this life, God has granted me a second chance for a reason. I'm going to make the most of it!

Love you guys,

Meechy Monroe <3