Hair OBSESSED! Had a wreck...worried about my hair?

chayil0427

Ladies

Saturday afternoon I had a car wreck and was in the hospital. So I'm in there in pain...my car totalled and I'm worried about putting my hair on the pillow without my silk bonnet...I had no moistruzier no comb and I was freaking.

I think I'm a little hair obsessed...like crazy...like need therapy. I called my girlfriend to bring me a comb and was kinda peaved when the brought me a dollar comb that ripped through my hair like a fork...I was gonna ask her to stop by my crib and get my aveda and bone combs, but I didn't want her to know how crazy I am. :spinning:

I felt really stupid. I'm like why is my hair THIS important to me. I was so happy to get out of the Hospital yesterday after noon mostly because I wanted to go home and detangle my hair and put in some moistrurizer and grab my bonnet.

Weird. As far as the accident I prayed for a new car and looks like Imma get one. :rolleyes: I just hope I don't put an "emergency hair kit" in the trunk for future occurances. :spinning:

Chayil

br0wney3z

well I'm happy you are ok, but that is kind of funny. And to be perfectly honest, if that had been me, I think I would have been feeling the same way. At least you aren't the only one that's obsessed:lachen:

mscocoface

chayil0427

I mean this with all the sincerity I can gather. Your HEALTH is what takes priority right now.

Remember hair can grow back or be repaired, so take a breather and relax and focus on your health, the car and your peace of mind.

Keep it all in perspective. I pray that everything will work out for you. Please take care of yourself.

chayil0427

chayil0427

I mean this with all the sincerity I can gather. Your HEALTH is what takes priority right now.

Remember hair can grow back or be repaired, so take a breather and relax and focus on your health, the car and your peace of mind.

Keep it all in perspective. I pray that everything will work out for you. Please take care of yourself.

I know. In the hospital I was telling myself I needed to be concerned about my BODY and getting well. I dunno why concerns about my hair kept creeping in.

Chayil

AllAboutMoi

From the title I thought you were in the mirror fixing your hair which caused you too have a wreck. Then I would say you were obsessed and needed therapy pronto.

Glad you are ok! Take care of yourself.

la flaca

I'm so happy you are doing fine:getwell:

And now for the hair:lachen::lachen:, I guess most of us will be thinking about a satin pillowcase, but don't worry, it will be fine:yep: Just give your body some TLC and everything will be alright.

ItsyBitsy

Im glad you're okay :needhug:

Focus on getting better, As long as you have Aveda your hair will be fine :yep:

Last edited:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I'm glad you are ok. You sound like my mom. She was in an accident a couple of years ago. I remember laughing to myself because at the dear ole age of 76, she kept reaching for and adjusting her wig, wanting to make sure it was on straight, even though at the time she was scared and upset. I remember thinking to myself, "I hope I'm that vain when I get that age." :) Not exactly the same thing, but you have to protect your tresses!! :lol:

chayil0427

From the title I thought you were in the mirror fixing your hair which caused you too have a wreck. Then I would say you were obsessed and needed therapy pronto.

Glad you are ok! Take care of yourself.

No...I was just driving along to the Whole Food store. I try to stay outta the mirror when I'm driving cause then if I had an accident I'd be totally peeved with myself.:blush:

Chayil

sareca

I think you'll heal better if your hair is off your mind. Have your girl get your hair stuff (incl. the satin/silk pillow case). :wink2: and :getwell: I'm sorry you're hurt. :(

SunnyDelight

It's all good. You are blessed and highly favored. Why?? you ask . . .

#1 GOD is so good and merciful. It could have been a whole lot worse and;

#2 You've got a forum full of "sistahs" who understand where you are coming from. Most of us are obsessed about our tresses too and would have been wanting a satin bonnet or pillow case too.

Feel better soon girl. Holla at us when you get your new ride. We will surely remind you about that emergency kit. I'm working on one too.:grin:

gymfreak336

Get better soon girl. I know you were thinking about your hair (I probably would have too) but I am just glad you were alive to tell the story. I have heard about so many bad car accidents lately. Get better soon and keep us posted.

schipperchow1

I'm glad that you were released & wish you a speedy recovery. Keep a hair emergency kit in the car, I think I will add a satin pillow case to mine:grin:

**WonderWoman**

I totally see myself doing that.:lachen:On the other hand, pls get better ASAP :yep:

Ladies

Saturday afternoon I had a car wreck and was in the hospital. So I'm in there in pain...my car totalled and I'm worried about putting my hair on the pillow without my silk bonnet...I had no moistruzier no comb and I was freaking.

I think I'm a little hair obsessed...like crazy...like need therapy. I called my girlfriend to bring me a comb and was kinda peaved when the brought me a dollar comb that ripped through my hair like a fork...I was gonna ask her to stop by my crib and get my aveda and bone combs, but I didn't want her to know how crazy I am. :spinning:

I felt really stupid. I'm like why is my hair THIS important to me. I was so happy to get out of the Hospital yesterday after noon mostly because I wanted to go home and detangle my hair and put in some moistrurizer and grab my bonnet.

Weird. As far as the accident I prayed for a new car and looks like Imma get one. :rolleyes: I just hope I don't put an "emergency hair kit" in the trunk for future occurances. :spinning:

Chayil

sweetcashew

I'm glad you're ok.
When I was in the hospital I wore my hair in two pigtails the entire time. I didn't bother to comb it and didn't think about it getting tangles or breaking off on those rough pillowcases. Maybe you can try that.
Or you can put it in a french braid and tuck away your ends.

Lavendar

So glad you are okay and out of the hospital! I do sympathize with you though...I was in the hospital earlier this year for surgery and I wore a small silk wrap around my head and then put on the surgery cap. When I came to, the first thing I noticed was someone had taken off my silk wrap and laid it on my chest. I just had the scratchy yucky surgery cap on. I was highly p.o.'d. It's amazing how obsessive we can become about things that are at times so insignificant.

Blessings to you on a speedy recovery!:drunk:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Girl, forget about that hair!! We're just glad you're okay. You can always do your hair, but you can't get another body. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident, but again, we're just glad you're okay. Best wishes and praying for a speedy recovery for you. Ciao!!!

Zeal

Praise God that you are OK. I pray your strength in the Lord.

I am glad that you are better and I understand. Even though my situation was not as bad as yours. I fell down a flight of cement steps. I was on my way yo catch the train. I hit my head sprained my ankle, skined my knee, My whole left side was black and blue and bruised (i know that is redundant) All I could think about was my instant weave coming coming off.

I actually did not make it the bottom of the steps. I stopped in the middle. But if My hair had of come off I would have crawled to the bottom of the stpes got and out back on.

An ambulance actually came and took me to the emergency room. My concern was them trying to remove my hair. I think mine was more or a pride issue.

Last edited:

chayil0427

Praise God that you are OK. I pray your strength in the Lord.

I am glad that you are better and I understand. Even though my situation was not as bad as yours. I fell down a flight of cement steps. I was on my way yo catch the train. I hit my head sprained my ankle, skined my knee, My whole left side was black and blue and bruised (i know that is redundant) All I could think about was my instant weave coming coming off.

I actually did not make it the bottom of the steps. I stopped in the middle. But if My hair had of come off I would have crawled to the bottom of the stpes got and out back on.

An ambulance actually came and took me to the emergency room. My concern was them trying to remove my hair. I think mine was more or a pride issue.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Wow, that's so funny. Thanks that made me laugh. Thank you for all the well wishes ladies. Yep, I feel VERY sore and weak, but I know that the Lord has already worked it out. I just lay in the hospital thanking him for my life and for my NEW CAR :yep:.

Meanwhile, I washed with aveda today and put on some moisturizer. My arms were too sore to go through my usual routine, but at least it's clean and moisturized. I do think I'll throw a satin bonnet and a comb in my glove compartment though lol.

Chayil

Naturallong81

Hope you feel better:ohwell:. you probably was in shock and doing your hair comforts you. But get rest and dont go hurting urself fixing your hair, you wont lose it.

Tee

I'm glad you are ok. You sound like my mom. She was in an accident a couple of years ago. I remember laughing to myself because at the dear ole age of 76, she kept reaching for and adjusting her wig, wanting to make sure it was on straight, even though at the time she was scared and upset. I remember thinking to myself, "I hope I'm that vain when I get that age." :) Not exactly the same thing, but you have to protect your tresses!! :lol:

Enchantmt, I didnt come in this thread to laugh but, you really made me laugh. When I had my son I just wore a silk bonnet. Soooo not cute! (but my hair was protected and hidden away. It wasn't cute now!)

chayil0427....get better soon.

bablou00

Girl I'm glad to hear that you are okay. We all know that hair would grow back but I know I think about that all the time when I take care of my patients at work. What would I do in their situation if I was in the hospital. Because a lot of the women who aren't black are afraid to wash AA hair because they dont know how or they think they dont need to because of myths (we dont wash our hair at all)!! So I feel ya on how you must of felt but thank the Lord you got your strength back and that you came out of that accident w/o any serious injuries. Good luck to you and hope you heal well.

Mahalialee4

I can relate to your concern simply put: Hospitals have to have the hardest, scratchiest, unforgiving pillowcases going. I think they have been soaked in bleach over and over. Even my skin reacts to those pillows. The air is so dry in those places. If worse comes to worse I would ask for a tube of vaseline and smooth a little over my hair and cover with my trusty scarf I carry in my purse. Never leave home without one if you can. lol