Youtube Video: Avocado Oil vs. Olive Oil

I think she's using unrefined avocado oil because mine looks light green.

Yeah, unrefined avocado oil is very green. I use Olivado Avocado Oil (I get it from super target) and it's unrefined, first pressed avocado oil, and is very green. The avocado oil I see in Whole Foods is pale green. In the video the girl says that unrefined avocado oil retains more of the chlorophyll and vitamins, but I'm sure refined has good benefits as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Muffin. Good Info.:grin:

Now I'll have to Pull Out My Avacado Oil. I think I made a Mixture of Olive, Avacado and Coconut because I read on a Previous Thread that these all penetrate the Hair Shaft (Cortex). I think I may have thrown a little Grapeseed into the Mix.

I will have to pull that back out. And next time I replace the Avacado and the Olive, I will look carefully at what I am purchasing.

I am sure my Olive is Green. Not so sure about the Quality of my Avacado Oil. I think it's either by Spectrum or Now?

I didnt like olive oil when I tried it, may try Avocado.

My hair doesn't like olive oil either. I used to use EVOO for about a year before I realized it was making my hair feel weird. It wasn't until I started using coconut oil that I noticed how much my hair didn't like EVOO. Maybe it was the brand I was using? Perhaps if I tried a higher quality brand I'd like it more, but I've experienced no problems with avocado oil. My hair likes it a lot. Avocado oil and coconut oil are my favorite oils

Thanks Muffin. Good Info.:grin:

Now I'll have to Pull Out My Avacado Oil. I think I made a Mixture of Olive, Avacado and Coconut because I read on a Previous Thread that these all penetrate the Hair Shaft (Cortex). I think I may have thrown a little Grapeseed into the Mix.

I will have to pull that back out. And next time I replace the Avacado and the Olive, I will look carefully at what I am purchasing.

I am sure my Olive is Green. Not so sure about the Quality of my Avacado Oil. I think it's either by Spectrum or Now?

Yes, Olive oil, Coconut Oil, and Avocado Oil are the three wonder oils that can actually absorb into the hair shaft all the way down to the core. I read that in an article on the KISS website. I believe there may be some other oils that can penetrate well (macadamia nut oil is one of them, I think), but these seem to be the Terrific Three :grin:. If your avocado oil turns out to be pale colored try Olivado Avocado Oil. You can find it at Supertarget in the cooking oil section and it's in a very dark glass bottle. It only cost me around 7 or 8 dollars (possibly less) and it's 8.45 fl. oz. I bought mine months ago and it's still practically full.

i might buy some avocado oil tommorrow. i always wanted to try it and now that my coconut oil is almost finished, i can buy it.

i might buy some avocado oil tommorrow. i always wanted to try it and now that my coconut oil is almost finished, i can buy it.

My two favorite oils, lol. They work great in conjuntion with one another. Coconut oil makes my hair really soft, shiny, and manageable and avocado oil makes my hair feel moisturized, strong, and elastic. I even took a page out of IDareT'sHair and mixed the two oils together when I sealed, and I got the perfect balance of softness and strength. I can't say enough about these to oils :drunk:.

Yes, Olive oil, Coconut Oil, and Avocado Oil are the three wonder oils that can actually absorb into the hair shaft all the way down to the core. I read that in an article on the KISS website. I believe there may be some other oils that can penetrate well (macadamia nut oil is one of them, I think), but these seem to be the Terrific Three :grin:. If your avocado oil turns out to be pale colored try Olivado Avocado Oil. You can find it at Supertarget in the cooking oil section and it's in a very dark glass bottle. It only cost me around 7 or 8 dollars (possibly less) and it's 8.45 fl. oz. I bought mine months ago and it's still practically full.

Coconut, olive, and avocado are the only 3 oils that can penetrate, from what I've read. Macadamia can't. Coconut oil is the best (as far as penetration) and then olive and avocado. And apparently, from the research I've seen, coconut and olive work better when mixed together.

I've never tried avocado oil though, I haven't had a reason to since coconut oil is so amazing and does everything I want it to do and more. I'll never get rid of coconut oil from my regimen, that's for sure.

Thanks Muffin for the link. I was contemplating buying some Avocado Oil to use as a sealant and in my conditioners and after seeing the vid and reading this thread I know I'm definitely going to get it soon. I need to re-up on my coconut oil too so I'll try a mix of the two.

How do you feel about avocado butter?

Coconut, olive, and avocado are the only 3 oils that can penetrate, from what I've read. Macadamia can't. Coconut oil is the best (as far as penetration) and then olive and avocado. And apparently, from the research I've seen, coconut and olive work better when mixed together.

I've never tried avocado oil though, I haven't had a reason to since coconut oil is so amazing and does everything I want it to do and more. I'll never get rid of coconut oil from my regimen, that's for sure.

Thanks for the info. I read on this website that Macadamia oil is able to penetrate the hair shaft. But I may have to do more research.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlr...fect-macadamia-nut-oil-for-hair-and-skin-care

Back