YT salon horror sotry

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Lucia, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

2. Aireen

Aireen Well-Known Member

I just saw this and was gonna post. I cringed when she said that her scalp was like one big open sore and hurt to be touched or washed. Her hair basically stuck to her scalp... :perplexed

3. Adel10

Adel10 Well-Known Member

I have experienced this but only after 17 + minutes and it is usually in spots like the front

I don't trust anyone in my head
    People get upset when I ask questions and saying I am not trusting the professional

I have had only one good experience in my entire 20+ years of relaxing

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  4. BraunSugar

BraunSugar New Member

See, this is why I am an advocate of people learning to do their own hair. While I don't relax anymore, I do color my hair, and I do not trust anyone to do it but me. If I mess up my own hair then it's just my fault. I make sure to research and learn what I need to so that I can do the best possible job. There are professionals that know what they are doing, but there are a lot of other people who only care about getting paid and nothing about the health of your hair and scalp.

5. Seamonster

Seamonster New Member

I had good and bad. Seems like the best were with celebrity stylist, that I couldn't afford on a regular basis.

6. Kindheart

Kindheart Well-Known Member

And she still relaxes her hair ? Wow ..i would have stopped there .Up to her ears her hair looks full and healthy but seems rather damaged below that point .

7. BostonMaria

BostonMaria Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have relaxed again either, but I guess that's her preference.

Stories like this is the reason why I haven't relaxed in 6 years. No thanks! My hair is long and healthy because I take care of it myself. I have a great stylist, but I still only see her 2x a year.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

8. melisandre

melisandre Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Where they can either love me or leave me alone
    She let someone leave a relaxer on her hair for an hour??? :nono:

9. pre_medicalrulz

pre_medicalrulz It Always Been About Hair!

1 hour relaxer?! Where they do that at?! SMH

10. BostonMaria

BostonMaria Well-Known Member

My jaw dropped when I heard that. At that point common sense should have came in.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

11. closertomydreams

closertomydreams New Member

This is why I don't let anyone touch my hair. After I washed my own hair out the stylist and I would have had a long talk...outside.

12. lacreolegurl

lacreolegurl New Member

I know! When she said that she had that perm in for an hour, my mouth dropped. :cry::shocked:

This is why we have to learn to care for our own hair. Whether you have an awesome stylist or not. I've heard people say that mess about if the relaxer is burning, it's working. I'm natural now, but I've had chemical burns before...one in the same spot every single time I permed and it still took me years to getting through my head that this is not supposed to happen.

I'm sorry that happened to her. When you know better, you do better.:yep:

13. Fine 4s

Fine 4s Well-Known Member

I'm too scared to watch!

14. -PYT

-PYT New Member

I couldn't imagine feeling the sensation of my scalp BURNING ever again! The things we do for beauty :nono: She should re-think LIFE after this ordeal lol

15. Saludable84

Saludable84 A Sista Been Trill

So sad. I would have washed it myself. This is why I do my own hair. People are so disrespectful!

16. pre_medicalrulz

pre_medicalrulz It Always Been About Hair!

There are no pics. She is just talking about her experience at a salon. It's okay to watch. :grin:

17. cocosweet

cocosweet Skinny Fabulous H***a

Forty- five minutes?! Did I hear that right? She's lucky she still has hair.

18. ~*~ShopAholic~*~

~*~ShopAholic~*~ Well-Known Member

Who in there right mind let someone leave a relaxer on their hair for 1 hour! That was just dumb, talk about cause and effect...

19. luving me

luving me Live, Love, Laugh

I couldn't imagine the pain. When I was in high school there was a girl who fell asleep with relaxer in her hair and came back to school with severe burns along her hairline.

20. Aireen

Aireen Well-Known Member

Huh? Did y'all watch the video? :huh: First of all, she looks young so even if "that was dumb" and "common sense should've came in", she could've been a teenager when this happened and we've all made mindless mistakes in our teens going into our 20s. Second, this was before her hair journey, she thought relaxers were supposed to burn and thought she was dealing with a professional - she chose to take the stylist's word over her intuition because of "prior knowledge". Third, she stated (via other videos) she went natural; she tried it out and I guess she wants to go back to relaxers. It's HER decision, as long as she doesn't let that mess happen again; it shouldn't due to the fact that she states in the video that she takes care of her own hair.

If I remember correctly, Shima has a similar story, has been both natural and relaxed (is now the latter) and is content with taking care of HER hair. It's not like the young lady in the OP's video continued to go to stylists to risk aggravating her tender scalp with relaxer. She sought help via hair sites and big chopped. If she prefers relaxers, it's her decision as long as she's able to accurately gauge the amount of time to leave it in and successfully maintain her hair and scalp's health. She states this happened two years ago, the condition of her current hair seems to show significant progress from the severe chemical burns she had.

I've seen people continue to use weaves and braids after they undergo serious damage from them and I don't see people insinuating that they're dumb. In reality though, those people need to leave the fake hair ALONE. Hmm anyway, I'm just saying it's a bit harsh for this particular case but everyone's entitled to their opinion, I guess. :perplexed

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  21. Mz.MoMo5235

Mz.MoMo5235 Well-Known Member

Why this say "yt salon horror story"? I didn't hear anything about white folk in the video or did I miss something?

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

22. Mz.MoMo5235

Mz.MoMo5235 Well-Known Member

Oh... Yt as in you tube! I'm slow

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

23. fifi134

fifi134 Well-Known Member

Sorry, it's still her fault. I got my first relaxer at 9 up until I was 15, and I even know it shouldn't be on there that long.

She mentions at the beginning that the relaxer was on for over 30m which was "way too long btw". She knew it shouldn't have been on that long yet she waited another half hour for it to get rinsed out. What the heck do you think is gonna happen to your scalp after leaving a harsh chemical on for such an extended period of time?

She also says relaxers are not supposed to burn or hurt. If that's the case, why did she sit in the chair without saying anything? Sounds like she's pushing all the blame on the stylist when she should share some of it too.