Yuck, MSM tastes bitter and nasty

seraphinelle

For the people that use MSM in the powder form, what do you mix it with.

I've tried pineapple juice, and I could taste it,

I tried it in my mint hot chocolate, and could still taste it.

Yuck.

There isn't anything that I mixed it in that I could not taste it in and I was tired of it runining my morning orange juice so I take a pill.

Yeah like cmw45 said, it doesn't mix with anything well. I just had to grin and bear it with lots of water. Which reminds me I need to get some more.

You get used to it after a while. Cranberry Juice is just as bitter/tart, so you might want to try that to avoid the contrast in tastes.

My newest get it down quick mixture is a couple of squirts of either lime or lemon juice, water hot enough to dissolve the crystals and a spoon of sugar. Stir fast and take it to the head. I have another glass of water handy to follow it up.

When I take it, I combine it with a vanilla whey protein shake. It masks the taste pretty well. I combine it with fresh strawberry, pineapple, and banana.

So it looks like it goes better with lemon and water.

I use to take the capsules, but I calculated that the powder will last me twice as long and I could take double what I was from before... trying to be economical, LOL.

But yeah, thanks ladies, I"ll try it with water and lemon and take it like a shot.

For the people that use MSM in the powder form, what do you mix it with.

I've tried pineapple juice, and I could taste it

I tried it in my mint hot chocolate, and could still taste it.

Yuck.

Actually pineapple juice seems to work the best for me. But I pour a big glass of it so the MSM is pretty diluted. (also I only use a 1/2 teaspoon of MSM)

I don't really "mix" it with anything. I normally pour me somthing to drink (preferably something other than water...too bland), put some MSM onto a teaspoon and throw it to the back of my mouth! The trick to this is not to let the MSM get too much onto the tongue because once your tongue touches the roof of your mouth, that's where the taste comes in. You must QUICKLY wash it down with your drink.:guiness: This way, you don't have to suffer through an entire drink, tasting that bitterness that you know you can't bare.:barf: This method is quick and virtually painless!

I mix it with crystal light lemonade or pink lemonade and also with my protein shakes. These hide the taste pretty well.

I simply place it on my tongue and swallow some water. Yes it's a bitter taste, but it only lasts for 20-30 seconds max for me.

The mere thought of mixing it with water makes me nauseous and I know that I'd never drink all of it so I just take it like a man lol. :grin:

Ive found that if I mix it with something that sort of has an aftertaste anyway (ex. Crystal light)...I really barely notice the taste. The trick for me is letting it sit for about 10 minutes so it will dissolve more then I might add some ice which will water it down more, then I just drink it like normal. I also noticed if I add it to a 32 oz container of water with a splash of lemon juice it isnt bad either.

Back