..YUCK!!! First MTG...now powder MSM...how do you do it!!

Annakei

Ok so I mastered the art of masking the smell of MTG. Ive actually made it a little ritual that I go through every 2 weeks when the bottle is empty. MY horsie juice ritual as my BF calls it! LOL

But seriously...how do you ladies tht take MSM in powder form mask the BITTER...oh so bitter taste? I just tried to make a protein drink with it and I almost barfed! The ingredients were: high protein powder (no flavor), MSM, biotin, honey, flax seed meal and milk. That was the first try....on the second go I removed the protein powder but it still wasn't working.

Ive read all the great posts about making the change from capsule/tablet to powder but my question is how do you mask the taste?

yokourt

When I use MSM, it's only about half a teaspoon in a thick-hair shake or just a cup of grapefruit juice. I don't taste it at all, I even add a little flaxseed oil and sillica. It you can taste it add more juice,

HoneyDew

I just deal with it. Dissolve it in a little ( I mean very little) bit of water and take it to the head. Then brush my teeth and all is well.

Dolapo

i drink mine with a chocolate drink and i add LOTS of sugar. im planning on getting a chocolate protein shake. then ill add my chcolate powder and the MSM. yep, i just drank mine a few minute ago and it gave me goosebumps :)

FeelinIt

Annakei said:
Ok so I mastered the art of masking the smell of MTG. Ive actually made it a little ritual that I go through every 2 weeks when the bottle is empty. MY horsie juice ritual as my BF calls it! LOL

But seriously...how do you ladies tht take MSM in powder form mask the BITTER...oh so bitter taste? I just tried to make a protein drink with it and I almost barfed! The ingredients were: high protein powder (no flavor), MSM, biotin, honey, flax seed meal and milk. That was the first try....on the second go I removed the protein powder but it still wasn't working.

Ive read all the great posts about making the change from capsule/tablet to powder but my question is how do you mask the taste?

I guess I'm the only one that does the liquid MSM. It's hits the body faster because it is a liquid. My bottle cost about $20.00 dollars a bottle and the taste and thickness vary from whoever makes the product. My liquid MSM tastes like bitter juice. It can be easily masked in some orange juice but I just take it straight.

Nonie

Since MSM is supposed to work well with Vitamin C, I dissolve mine in 100% orange juice. Makes it a bit bitter alright, but not as bitter as grapefruit juice, IMO. I then sip it slowly pretending that the juice is just made out of very bitter oranges.;)

qtgirl

Put a half a teaspoon full in a glass of OJ. MSM goes better with Vitamin C, like OJ. The taste is negligible, what brand do you use? I use Vitaminshoppe Brand MSM.

MissMarie23

Nonie said:
Since MSM is supposed to work well with Vitamin C, I dissolve mine in 100% orange juice. Makes it a bit bitter alright, but not as bitter as grapefruit juice, IMO. I then sip it slowly pretending that the juice is just made out of very bitter oranges.;)

This is pretty much what I did when I took MSM. It didn't really 'mask' the taste, but it's better than mixing it with water.