Zachary Tims (Florida)

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Has anyone heard of this pastor? He is located in Florida. If so, what are your feelings about him? Thanks in advance!

cocoberry10

I have. Overall I like most of his messages, and haven't seen him too much, but know he comes on tv. Have you seen his tv show or been to his church?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
PrettyHaitian said:
Has anyone heard of this pastor? He is located in Florida. If so, what are your feelings about him? Thanks in advance!

:yep:, I know Pastor Zach and his wife Pastor Riva Tims. We have the same 'home' church in Maryland. God is using this man powerfully. He has two churches in Floirda. One in Orlando and the other is in Kissimee FL (an 'extension' of Orlando).

He was ordained in the mid-90's and Pastor sent him and his wife out with 'starting' money. All I can say is 'God moved'...and powerfully in a very short time in the growth of his ministry.

One of my minister friends, who is also from our home church is also there with him as part of his minstry staff, along with her husband.

At our home church here in Maryland, Our Pastor headed up an outreach and we were called "Radical for Christ." We would go out as a church and just minister to different communities in our church area. It was powerful.

We'd take food, have park parties, picnics inviting all to attend. Our church band would set up and just have a 'party' for everyone. We'd knock on doors to invite parents and their children to come and join us.

We ventured out into neighborhoods that many were afraid to enter into, because of drugs, gun fights, and other activities. But a lot of people were won to the Lord and although I'm in a new church, many of them that I remember are still in fellowship with God. :)

Our women's minstry even ventured to the streets at night, even the 'Baltimore Block', the strip joints and outside we'd just love and minister to the women we saw on the streets. So many women were hurting, and many were saved and gave their hearts and lives to Jesus. No one was ever shamed or forced, just loved.

On one of the occasions, during the community outreach, Pastor Zach (then he was Deacon Zach) was shot in the foot. It was so scary. But to God be the Glory, it didn't hinder his 'walk' spiritually or physically. It was a situation where the men of our church during the community outreach were in the path of drug dealers and shots rang out. In broad daylight.

God is so awesome. No one else was hurt. The shooting incident didn't stop Pastor Zach from going back out to minister to even more communities. I believe the shot was a test of his faith to 'stand' and serve God no matter what. The shot just made him bolder for Christ (more radical). I can see why God has moved so powerfully in his ministry in Orlando. God saw in Pastor Zach that he was unstoppable and ready to move to a higher level of ministry responsibility.

The TBN story is a miracle all in itself. A fulfillment of Prophecy. "The first shall be last and the last shall be first." As a race, we are taking over the airways for Jesus. ;)

Last edited:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Wow, I didn't know that about him Shimmie. Personally, I liked him at first but lately I find his message to be a little crude from time-to-time. He makes awesome points, I am just not fond of his delivery. Thanks ladies.

Shimmie

Staff member
PrettyHaitian said:
Wow, I didn't know that about him Shimmie. Personally, I liked him at first but lately I find his message to be a little crude from time-to-time. He makes awesome points, I am just not fond of his delivery. Thanks ladies.

Can I tell you something? I don't 'like' most of the TBN bunch. I have to be guarded (careful) when I say this. Bottomline: We need our 'OWN' networks. Period. Something 'changes' when our ministers get too deep into TBN. I'm not downing TBN either, it's a blessing especially with so much mess on cable TV; but things do change.

I'm not happy that Paula White and her husband Randy, take the credit for being Pastor Zach's spiritual parents. Each time they mention it on TBN, it sounds like 'ownership' to me. As if they are taking the credit for his annointing. But the truth is that Pastor Zach and his wife Riva, were already annointed and appointed when they stepped on Florida's ground.

Our Pastor in Maryland did not play. He was a pioneer with many moves of the Holy Spirit and all who were in our ministry were well prepared before being 'sent out' to head up their churches. All was done in proper order and we had ministers such as Jakes, Myles Monroe, Turnell Nelson, Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa (passed on to Glory); many others who ministered to us and helped in God's preparation in us for ministry.

Each time, I hear Paula White and her husband say that they are Pastor Zach's spiritual parents, I cringe; for they weren't there when Pastor Zach was a babe in Christ and nurtured him to be where he is today. They're not the ones who can take any 'earthly' credit for any of his success. Only God gets that credit and our Pastor in Maryland.

I respect the men and women of God and I'm not speaking ill of any of them. However, I have my personal feelings regarding some of their views.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Shimmie said:
Can I tell you something? I don't 'like' most of the TBN bunch. I have to be guarded (careful) when I say this. Bottomline: We need our 'OWN' networks. Period. Something 'changes' when our ministers get too deep into TBN. I'm not downing TBN either, it's a blessing especially with so much mess on cable TV; but things do change.

I'm not happy that Paula White and her husband Randy, take the credit for being Pastor Zach's spiritual parents. Each time they mention it on TBN, it sounds like 'ownership' to me. As if they are taking the credit for his annointing. But the truth is that Pastor Zach and his wife Riva, were already annointed and appointed when they stepped on Florida's ground.

Our Pastor in Maryland did not play. He was a pioneer with many moves of the Holy Spirit and all who were in our ministry were well prepared before being 'sent out' to head up their churches. All was done in proper order and we had ministers such as Jakes, Myles Monroe, Turnell Nelson, Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa (passed on to Glory); many others who ministered to us and helped in God's preparation in us for ministry.

Each time, I hear Paula White and her husband say that they are Pastor Zach's spiritual parents, I cringe; for they weren't there when Pastor Zach was a babe in Christ and nurtured him to be where he is today. They're not the ones who can take any 'earthly' credit for any of his success. Only God gets that credit and our Pastor in Maryland.

I respect the men and women of God and I'm not speaking ill of any of them. However, I have my personal feelings regarding some of their views.

Thanks for sharing that Shimmie. I appreciate it. I felt a little weird feeling that way towards a pastor but I guess when used the N-word and the word, "titties," it threw me a bit. I am not conventional with everything but it doesn't sit well with me to hear a pastor use vulgar words. Plus, his screaming turns me off.

I have recently ( about a week ago) discovered the TBN station, prior I only knew about The Word Network. When I watched Benny Hinn preach, something didn't sit well with me either. I guess that is why God gives us the gift of discernment.

Be blessed!

Shimmie

Staff member
PrettyHaitian said:
Thanks for sharing that Shimmie. I appreciate it. I felt a little weird feeling that way towards a pastor but I guess when used the N-word and the word, "titties," it threw me a bit. I am not conventional with everything but it doesn't sit well with me to hear a pastor use vulgar words. Plus, his screaming turns me off.

I have recently ( about a week ago) discovered the TBN station, prior I only knew about The Word Network. When I watched Benny Hinn preach, something didn't sit well with me either. I guess that is why God gives us the gift of discernment.

Be blessed!
I agree with you, Pretty Haitian. I'm glad you shared this as I was unaware. I don't like those words either. Jesus doesn't use them, why should we? Convention needs to 'take a hike'. But this is when we have to pray. He knows better.

You be blessed as well.

cocoberry10

Shimmie said:

I'm not Paula White's biggest fan, but that's for other reasons. However, isn't our only "spiritual parent" the Lord Himself and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit? Am I crazy for saying that? I mean, sure one pastor can mentor another, but only the Lord really "spiritually parents" us. At least that's what I thought.

Shimmie

Staff member
cocoberry10 said:
I'm not Paula White's biggest fan, but that's for other reasons. However, isn't our only "spiritual parent" the Lord Himself and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit? Am I crazy for saying that? I mean, sure one pastor can mentor another, but only the Lord really "spiritually parents" us. At least that's what I thought.

You are absolutely right. Only God gets the credit for our growth; for our growth is of and for Him. You are no where near 'crazy' for saying such.

We as humans are only God's vessels whom He flows through to nurture and as a Pastor to be 'watchmen' over our souls.

Romans 10:14 puts it plainly.

" How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a Preacher? "

We are the vessels...of Him, only. ;)