WOW...Nature's true topical growth potion!

DeltaQT

OO-OOOOOOOOP!!!!
A special mix of these particular essential oils has proven to grow hair at the same rate as Rogain...

Essential Oil Blend for Hair Growth

1. Thyme essential oil - 2 drops
2. Atlas cedarwood essential oil - 2 drops
3. Lavender essential oil - 3 drops
4. Rosemary essential oil - 3 drops
5. Jojoba oil - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Grapeseed oil - 4 teaspoons

Add the first four ingredients into a small glass jar. Mix well. Now add the remaining two ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Massage this mixture into your scalp for at least two minutes every night. Wrap your head in a warm towel after treatment.

Dermatologists at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Scotland gave 43 people, suffering from a rare autoimmune disorder that causes patchy hair loss, the essential oil blend described above and asked them to rub it into their scalps daily. After seven months, 19 regrew as much as half of their hair, while a few regrew almost all of their hair back. The study was reported in the November/December 1999 issue of Health magazine. The researchers speculated that this remedy may also help other types of balding, including midlife thinning for men.

Oils of arnica, lavender, rosemary or calamus stimulate healthy hair growth. Rub into hair before washing.

Caution: Avoid rosemary oil if you have high blood pressure. Keep lemon and grapefruit doses low if you have sensitive skin, as they may be slightly irritating.

Hair Formulation(s) - Guide Essential Oils for Hair:
Lemongrass - Shine.
Cypress - Shine and condition. Also an uplifting scent.
Rosemary - Wonderful for dandruff and stimulates hair growth. Helps with thinning hair.
Rose - Shine, scent, youthfulness.
Bay - Wonderful hair tonic and helps with thinning hair.
Cedar Chamomile - Lovely for fair hair.
Eucalyptus - Stimulating and cleansing.
Juniper - Oily scalp.
Tea Tree - Lice. Scalp.
Lavender - Fragrant and cleansing.
Peppermint - Stimulating and cleansing. Removes shampoo build-up.
Citrus oils - Cleansing and shine. Removes oils.
Patchouli - Deep cleansing.
Sage & Thyme - Cleansing and stimulating.
Basil & Ylang Ylang - Reputedly helps control split ends. Stimulates hair growth and scalp.

Base Oils for Hair:
Avocado Butter, Jojoba Butter, Shae Butter, Camellia Oil, Hemp Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Emu Oil, Evening Primrose Oil - Dandruff
Flax Seed Oil - Dandruff

Useful links about the study...

http://www.newhope.com/nutritionsciencenews/NSN_backs/Sep_00/hair.cfm
http://hairloss.about.com/od/preventinghairloss/a/oils.htm
http://holisticonline.com/Remedies/Hair/hair_loss_aromatherapy.htm

----------------------------------
I know the article is long, but I found this information exciting..I am going to mix up a batch and see what happens...:D

WOW!! Have you used this? I am going to try this on my cousin when he comes to visit...he is in his twenties and balding. He will be by test dummy lol

I can attest that this potion worked for my daughter's alopecia patches (2) about 5 years ago. I found the recipe while researching (I was desperate) and used the mixture for approximately 3 months and her patches grew in. To be honest the dermatologist said her hair would grow back because she had non-scarring alopecia, but all I know is that I used this topical method alone and it her hair was restored. My results were not exactly scientific, I know. Just my personal experience.

blac_quarian said:
I can attest that this potion worked for my daughter's alopecia patches (2) about 5 years ago. I found the recipe while researching (I was desperate) and used the mixture for approximately 3 months and her patches grew in. To be honest the dermatologist said her hair would grow back because she had non-scarring alopecia, but all I know is that I used this topical method alone and it her hair was restored. My results were not exactly scientific, I know. Just my personal experience.

Honestly, your testimony is way more convincing because it is true-to-life. Scientific facts are good, but I would rather hear from one of our trusted members. Thanks for your input. :D I will definitely be trying this out soon!

I was just looking at this "recipe" today. I'm going to start doing scalp massages with essential oils.:D

DeltaQT said:
A special mix of these particular essential oils has proven to grow hair at the same rate as Rogain...

Add the first four ingredients into a small glass jar. Mix well. Now add the remaining two ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Massage this mixture into your scalp for at least two minutes every night. Wrap your head in a warm towel after treatment.

Dermatologists at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in Scotland gave 43 people, suffering from a rare autoimmune disorder that causes patchy hair loss, the essential oil blend described above and asked them to rub it into their scalps daily. After seven months, 19 regrew as much as half of their hair, while a few regrew almost all of their hair back. The study was reported in the November/December 1999 issue of Health magazine. The researchers speculated that this remedy may also help other types of balding, including midlife thinning for men.

Oils of arnica, lavender, rosemary or calamus stimulate healthy hair growth. Rub into hair before washing.

Caution: Avoid rosemary oil if you have high blood pressure. Keep lemon and grapefruit doses low if you have sensitive skin, as they may be slightly irritating.

Hair Formulation(s) - Guide Essential Oils for Hair:
Lemongrass - Shine.
Cypress - Shine and condition. Also an uplifting scent.
Rosemary - Wonderful for dandruff and stimulates hair growth. Helps with thinning hair.
Rose - Shine, scent, youthfulness.
Bay - Wonderful hair tonic and helps with thinning hair.
Cedar Chamomile - Lovely for fair hair.
Eucalyptus - Stimulating and cleansing.
Juniper - Oily scalp.
Tea Tree - Lice. Scalp.
Lavender - Fragrant and cleansing.
Peppermint - Stimulating and cleansing. Removes shampoo build-up.
Citrus oils - Cleansing and shine. Removes oils.
Patchouli - Deep cleansing.
Sage & Thyme - Cleansing and stimulating.
Basil & Ylang Ylang - Reputedly helps control split ends. Stimulates hair growth and scalp.

Base Oils for Hair:
Avocado Butter, Jojoba Butter, Shae Butter, Camellia Oil, Hemp Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Emu Oil, Evening Primrose Oil - Dandruff
Flax Seed Oil - Dandruff

Useful links about the study...

http://www.newhope.com/nutritionsciencenews/NSN_backs/Sep_00/hair.cfm
http://hairloss.about.com/od/preventinghairloss/a/oils.htm
http://holisticonline.com/Remedies/Hair/hair_loss_aromatherapy.htm

----------------------------------
I know the article is long, but I found this information exciting..I am going to mix up a batch and see what happens...:D

" A special mix of these particular essential oils has proven to grow hair at the same rate as Rogain... " :eek: :eek: :eek:
K, you know I'm sold, right ? I will try this for the month of April and tell you guys what happened.

A FEW YEARS AGO, BEFORE COMING TO LHCF, I USED TO MAKE A MIXTURE OF THESE EO TO INCREASE MY HAIR GROWTH. MY FAMILY WAS COMMENTING ALL THE TIME ABOUT HOW OFTEN IT APPEARED I NEEDED A PERM (RAPID GROWTH). MY SISTER WAS AMAZED AT THIS AND ASKED ME TO MAKE UP THIS MIXUTE FOR MY NIECE WHO HAIR JUST WOULD NOT GROW FOR NOTHING IN THE WORLD. AND JUST LIKE MINE, HER HAIR GROWTH JUST TOOK OFF. ALTHOUGH I WAS NOTICING MY NEW GROWTH, MONTHS INTO USING THIS MIXTURE, IT APPEARED THAT MY GROWTH WAS STUNT (I BASED THIS ON LENGHT). SO OF COURSE I BLAMED IT ON THE MIXTURE AND STOPPED USING IT. WELL RECENTLY I WAS SHARING WITH MY MOM SOME OF THE GOOD ADVICE I HAVE BEEN GETTING OFF THE BOARD AND SOME OF THE FEEDBACK ABOUT OTHER GROWTH POTIONS (MN, LR, OMTG, ETC). I WAS TELLING HER ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE MN AND HOW I WAS GOING TO TRY THE LR. WELL TO MY SURPRISE SHE ASKED ME WHY WOULD I DO THAT WHEN I HAVE ALREADY MIXED, TESTED AND PROVED WHAT AIDS IN INCREASING HAIR GROWTH (SPEAKING OF MY EO MIXTURE). WELL WHEN I EXPLAINED TO HER ABOUT HOW MY HAIR APPEARED NOT TO GROW ANYMORE, SHE HAD TO EXPLAIN TO ME THAT WHILE I WAS SEARCHING FOR WAYS TO GROW MY HAIR, I FORGOT ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE. "NO NEED IN GROWING THE HAIR IF YOU CAN'T KEEP IT." SHE EXPLAINED THAT I HAD HIT IT ON THE MONEY ON GROWING HAIR, BUT I FORGOT ABOUT PUTTING TIME INTO THE HEALTH OF THE STRANDS, ENDS, PROTEIN AND MOISTURE. (ALL THE THINGS I AM NOW LEARNING FROM YOU GREAT LADIES). SO IN SHORT, I WAS GROWING IT AT ONE END, BUT I WAS LOSING IT ON THE OTHER END DUE TO LACK OF CARE TO THE STRANDS. SO NOW THAT I AM ON TRACK WITH KEEPING MY HAIR HEALTHY, WHICH WILL HELP ME RETAIN THE LENGHTH I OBTAIN, I STARTED BACK USING MY MIXTURE LAST WEEK. I STARTED OUT WITH A PERM, SO I CAN GET A TRUE MEASURE ON GROWTH IN A MONTH.

SORRY SO LONG. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS. I CAN TRUELY SAY THAT THIS MIXTURE WILL AID IN RAPID GROWTH.

DeltaQT said:
Sounds like a great mix. Just beware of the contra-indications for certain EOs if you are pregnant, diabetic, have a thyroid condition, or any other chronic illness.

For the UK ladies............all the ingredients can be purchased at www.Baldwins.co.uk

Buying the smallest bottles would make a total of £27.70 - and it should make a whole lot for your money.

I'm ordering mine...................:phone:

I've been wondering about oils that are growth potions within themselves. Specifically Olive Oil because I've noticed it is a common ingredient in Lenzi's, Boundless Tresses, WGO, and others. But I think you may have cracked the code as to what EO mixture is in that LR. The ingredients for that is listed as olive oil, un-petrolatum, and EOs and its been commented that there is Rosemary in the mix of LR. Someone said they could smell it.

THANKS FOR SHARING THE INFO!!!

I actually have all the ingredients already (besides maybe the thyme oil-I need to check) I am planning on making this this weekend and using it on my hair/ temples regularly I have been slacking on my temple thickening lately. L

I hope this works for me as well as it seems to for others.

PEACHEY said:
A FEW YEARS AGO, BEFORE COMING TO LHCF, I USED TO MAKE A MIXTURE OF THESE EO TO INCREASE MY HAIR GROWTH. MY FAMILY WAS COMMENTING ALL THE TIME ABOUT HOW OFTEN IT APPEARED I NEEDED A PERM (RAPID GROWTH). MY SISTER WAS AMAZED AT THIS AND ASKED ME TO MAKE UP THIS MIXUTE FOR MY NIECE WHO HAIR JUST WOULD NOT GROW FOR NOTHING IN THE WORLD. AND JUST LIKE MINE, HER HAIR GROWTH JUST TOOK OFF. ALTHOUGH I WAS NOTICING MY NEW GROWTH, MONTHS INTO USING THIS MIXTURE, IT APPEARED THAT MY GROWTH WAS STUNT (I BASED THIS ON LENGHT). SO OF COURSE I BLAMED IT ON THE MIXTURE AND STOPPED USING IT. WELL RECENTLY I WAS SHARING WITH MY MOM SOME OF THE GOOD ADVICE I HAVE BEEN GETTING OFF THE BOARD AND SOME OF THE FEEDBACK ABOUT OTHER GROWTH POTIONS (MN, LR, OMTG, ETC). I WAS TELLING HER ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE MN AND HOW I WAS GOING TO TRY THE LR. WELL TO MY SURPRISE SHE ASKED ME WHY WOULD I DO THAT WHEN I HAVE ALREADY MIXED, TESTED AND PROVED WHAT AIDS IN INCREASING HAIR GROWTH (SPEAKING OF MY EO MIXTURE). WELL WHEN I EXPLAINED TO HER ABOUT HOW MY HAIR APPEARED NOT TO GROW ANYMORE, SHE HAD TO EXPLAIN TO ME THAT WHILE I WAS SEARCHING FOR WAYS TO GROW MY HAIR, I FORGOT ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE. "NO NEED IN GROWING THE HAIR IF YOU CAN'T KEEP IT." SHE EXPLAINED THAT I HAD HIT IT ON THE MONEY ON GROWING HAIR, BUT I FORGOT ABOUT PUTTING TIME INTO THE HEALTH OF THE STRANDS, ENDS, PROTEIN AND MOISTURE. (ALL THE THINGS I AM NOW LEARNING FROM YOU GREAT LADIES). SO IN SHORT, I WAS GROWING IT AT ONE END, BUT I WAS LOSING IT ON THE OTHER END DUE TO LACK OF CARE TO THE STRANDS. SO NOW THAT I AM ON TRACK WITH KEEPING MY HAIR HEALTHY, WHICH WILL HELP ME RETAIN THE LENGHTH I OBTAIN, I STARTED BACK USING MY MIXTURE LAST WEEK. I STARTED OUT WITH A PERM, SO I CAN GET A TRUE MEASURE ON GROWTH IN A MONTH.

SORRY SO LONG. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS. I CAN TRUELY SAY THAT THIS MIXTURE WILL AID IN RAPID GROWTH.

Please share your ingredients with us. Also, if you can remember, please tell us how much of each thing you used. Thanks in advance

Ok, I just cut my hair so I'm definately going to try this!

I already have:

Thyme Oil
Lavender Oil
Rosemary Oil

The only base oil I have is coconut oil so I'll use that. I don't have the cedarwood so I'm going to replace it with the peppermint oil I have. I hope it doesn't change the effect too much.

Massage into scalp nightly and put on my conditioning/heating cap afterwards.

Last edited:
thegirltolove said:
:lachen::lachen: ...and you know that in my mind I was already signing up for it!!!!!:grin:

lol I've already taken my starting pic. Even if it doesn't become a board wide challenge, it'll be my personal challenge.

I saw that article when I was surfing one day and completely disregarded it. Ya'll got me thinkin' now. If LR doesn't work for me I know what I'm trying next. You can also get those ingredients from http://bestdeal.org.

I already have:

Last edited:
God's Anointed said:
Please share your ingredients with us. Also, if you can remember, please tell us how much of each thing you used. Thanks in advance

MOST OF MY EO INGREDIENTS ARE THE SAME OTHERS ARE USING:
THYME
LAVENDAR
ROSEMARY
PEPPERMINT
TEA TREE
YLANG YLANG
CEDARWOOD
CLARY SAGE
GRAPEFRUIT

AS MY CARRIER OILS:
JOJOBA
GRAPESEED

OTHER SCALP OILS:
PURE VITAMIN E OIL
EMU OIL

THE JOJOBA AND GRAPESEED ARE THE BEST DUE TO THEM HAVING THE BEST PENETRATING ABILITIES. AS AN EXTRA UMPH I HAVE STARTED ADDING THE EMU OIL SO THAT I CAN GET MORE PENETRATION AND SCALP HEALTH BENEFITS. AND VITAMIN E FOR ADDED GROWTH

THE PEPPERMINT WILL GIVE YOU THE TINGLING SENSATION (BOY DOES IT FEEL GOOD) DUE TO THE STIMULATION EFFECT IT HAS. NOW BE AWARE OF THE HEAVY PEPPERMINT SMELL. ADDING MORE GRAPEFRUIT OIL WILL HELP IN GIVING IT A NICE FRUITY/PEPPERMINTY SMELL. ALSO THE YLANG YLANG HELPS DIFFUSE THE PEPPERMINT SMELL AS WELL. WHEN I MAKE IT FOR MY MOM I DON'T PUT AS MUCH PEPPERMINT IN IT. BUT FOR ME I AM A LITTLE HEAVY HANDED BECAUSE I JUST LOVE THE STIMULATION TINGLES. AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE PEPPERMINT U CAN TRY SPEARMENT OIL. IT HAS A MORE SUTTLE PEPPERMINT SMELL.

AS FAR AS THE AMOUNT OF MIXTURE, I MAKE MINE IN A MEDIUM SIZE POMADE JAR. SO MY MIXUTE AMOUNTS ARE ALOT. BUT I PRETTY MUCH STICK TO 15:1. FOR EVERY 15 DROPS OF EO I MIX 1 TBS OF CARRIER OIL MIXTURE. NOW UNDERSTAND THAT THE CARRIER MIXTURE IS ALL THE CARRIER OILS COMBINED. AND AS STATED EARLIER, I THEN ADD A LITTLE MORE PEPPERMINT THAN THE OTHER EO.

PLEASE WRAP YOUR HAIR IN A BONNET AND PUT EXTRA COVER OVER YOUR PILLOW. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A CREAME TO USE TO GIVE IT A CREAMY CONSISTENCY. HOWEVER, I AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING A CREAME BASE THAT IS ALL-NATURAL OR CLOSE TO IT THAT WILL NOT CLOG MY PORES OR HINDER THE EFFECTS OF THE MIXTURE. SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS ANY IDEAS. I THOUGHT ABOUT THE UNPETROLEUM BUT IM AFRAID THE WAXES ITS MADE WITH ARE SO THICK IT MAY SIT ON MY SCALP AND HINDER PENETRATION.

OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS AND OTHER OILS THAT OTHERS HAVE FOUND TO AID IN THEIR GROWTH.

Yeah I tripled their recipe just to get enough to put in a small applicator. I think I'm going to add a little more peppermint oil to mine too. I love the tingle.

Here's a list of some other good penetrating base oils if you don't have what's recommended:

AVOCADO OIL
GRAPESEED OIL
HAZEL NUT OIL
COCONUT OIL
JOJOBA OIL
SOYA OIL
SUNFLOWER OIL
SWEET ALMOND OIL
Apricot Kernel Oil
Emu

Hi - I'm having a hard time finding Atlas cedarwood eo...wondering if "Now Cedarwood Oil" sold by GNC was the same thing, or does it have to be Atlas?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Back