~1 1/4 inches of Newgrowth...

Chaya

In only about 5 weeks! This is uncanny for me! I got a relaxer touch up with Affirm regular Jan 7, 2005. Okay, its ONLY 5-6 weeks later and it feels like I need another touch up! Whats going on! I dont think I can take getting a touch up every 6 weeks!! Im definitely going to stick it out till about the second week in March and Im straight to the salon!!
Plus my scalp itches as well! Not all the time, but it itches like that "I- need- a -touch -up- so- bad -but- I- cant- scratch-" itch! The only think that I have added to my regimine the past 2-3 months is this Nioxin! Does anyone have any experience with this causing a "SURGE" ( excuse me for a lack of another term) in hair growth. Good God!!
Im the rollerset queen on top of that so I cant imagine not being able to wear my hair down d/t all this newgrowth. I am 3c/4a!! Help I need as many suggestions as I can get!!!

TIA

Chaya

Chaya

You think?!?! Girl I wish it were that simple! Im here with my hair with the deep conditioner in it and its all shrunk up!!! Why am I supposed to do with this?!?!

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
I was just joking.. but hey, you never know what love can do..LOL

I don't know what you can do.. when I transitioned it was hell! My relaxed hair was SO poker straight and my natural hair is SO curly.. but when I did relax..I use to relax every 4-5 weeks.. for years.. so I never had any idea that I had curly hair.. I'm not sure what you can do..maybe if you read some of the transitioning tips..that might help..even though you aren't transitioning..I'm sure there would be tips on how to handle all the new growth and make it easier to deal with.. kwim?? Does that make sense? I sure hope so..:lol:

Chaya

Thanks girl! Youre probably right! Ive had a lot of changes occur in the past 2 months! My hair is so gently relaxed it is almost like its texturized because it isnt even CLOSE to being bone straight! However, I do need some tips on how to maintain this new growth. Thanks again sweetie!

Mija

Exotical OG
in an article I have profiling salons in Allure magazine from years' ago this stylist said Nioxin's Bliss leave-in spray (called Triple Action Instant Reconditioner Spray Gel in the article) "is supposed to make hair grow like a Chia Pet's"

Chaya

hmm maybe there is something in this stuff thats making my hair grow like a weed! Ill do an internet search and see what I can find!

Isis

Chaya said:
hmm maybe there is something in this stuff thats making my hair grow like a weed! Ill do an internet search and see what I can find!
Congratulations Chaya on your growth surge - that's a lot of newgrowth!

L

lkg4healthyhair

Mija said:
in an article I have profiling salons in Allure magazine from years' ago this stylist said Nioxin's Bliss leave-in spray (called Triple Action Instant Reconditioner Spray Gel in the article) "is supposed to make hair grow like a Chia Pet's"[/QUOT

Hmmmm I have the Nioxin Bliss leave in and its nice but I put it to the side. Maybe I should incorporate it again with my Salerm 21 prior to rollersetting.

Armyqt

Congrats on your newgrowth Chaya :) You can try putting some oil on yuor new grwoth to help it to lay down for you. I like jojoba/castor/WGO combo.
BTW, which Nioxin products are you using?

Chaya

Armyqt said:
Congrats on your newgrowth Chaya :) You can try putting some oil on yuor new grwoth to help it to lay down for you. I like jojoba/castor/WGO combo.
BTW, which Nioxin products are you using?

Hey thanks! Im using the nioxin silk elixir mainly. Somethimes Ill use the cleanser and scalp therapy but maybe one 1-2X/month. Ive used the jojoba oil before and it just seems to be a little to thick for my hair. Kinda like it just coats it! I havent tried the castor or WGO yet though.

Chaya

I did an internet search for reviews on Nioxin products and found that they dont make your hair grow necessarily, but they do help you to RETAIN growth and helps to reduce shedding.

taraglam2

Chaya said:
In only about 5 weeks! This is uncanny for me! I got a relaxer touch up with Affirm regular Jan 7, 2005. Okay, its ONLY 5-6 weeks later and it feels like I need another touch up! Whats going on! I dont think I can take getting a touch up every 6 weeks!! Im definitely going to stick it out till about the second week in March and Im straight to the salon!!
Plus my scalp itches as well! Not all the time, but it itches like that "I- need- a -touch -up- so- bad -but- I- cant- scratch-" itch! The only think that I have added to my regimine the past 2-3 months is this Nioxin! Does anyone have any experience with this causing a "SURGE" ( excuse me for a lack of another term) in hair growth. Good God!!
Im the rollerset queen on top of that so I cant imagine not being able to wear my hair down d/t all this newgrowth. I am 3c/4a!! Help I need as many suggestions as I can get!!!

TIA

Chaya

I definitely think that NIOXIN has some type of "growing" agent in it. Whenever I use the NIOXIN Silk Elixir as my creamy leave in I get a boost of growth---thickness galore. I am out of it right now-- I am going to buy 2 tubes of it at Hair Cuttery today---Thanks a million Chaya-- I love NIOXIN !

Dolapo

i also have the silk elixir and i rarely use it cos i have too many leave ins. i read a rave about it yesterday and i had to go look for it in my room. ill keep on using this stuff

Diane71

Chaya, I'm in the same boat as you are. I had my last relaxer touch-up on May 16th, 2005. And as of June 10th, I have at least an inch of ng in certain spots...especially in the back. That's 4 weeks and already I attained almost an inch. My next touch-up is July 23rd, 2005, I hope I can make it. I tell ya, hair grows so fast in the hot summer months its crazy. I'm thinking of putting in box braids for the rest of the summer to attain more growth. Congradulations on your hair growth anyway..it feels so good.

oglorious1

Mixologist
One of the ingredients in Nioxin is peppermint, which is a growth stimulant, check out the ingredients list, I stopped using my Nioxin...it was too drying for me....but left me tingling...