1 year hair comparison!!

you've done a wonderful job with your hair. It has really thickened up and is the picture of health!

For anyone that might wonder .. my regimen has been stretching relaxers atleast 12 weeks. My hair type is 4a/b. Moisturize daily with Hawaiian silky 14 in 1. I co-wash every 2 days ( but will be stopping this , because it drys my hair ) . I hardly ever use shampoo because its too dry on my hair and from now on only dusting my ends. I could have had longer hair if it wasnt for scissor happy stylist. Thank god I found juanita from dominican essence salon she relaxed my hair today but only dusted a tiny bit. Also make sure u deep condition with heat! Drink lots of water. Low manipulation , I don't use gel or small tooth combs. indian products are fantastic!. That;s it!

Good for you, wow I admire you for the 12 week stretches. Your hair looks GORGEOUS- It looks like a complete different head of hair, good for you!

Good for you, wow I admire you for the 12 week stretches. Your hair looks GORGEOUS- It looks like a complete different head of hair, good for you!

I definetly feel like I have a complete different head of hair lol.. ur so right. And thank you! It's proven we can all have gorgeous hair with something as simple as som TLC! thats all our hair needs and it will grow.

Oh my! :thud: Your progress is amazing! You must be so very proud to see your hard work and commitment pay off this way. :congrats:

Oh my! :thud: Your progress is amazing! You must be so very proud to see your hard work and commitment pay off this way. :congrats:

You got that right girl!!!!!!! I feel like i just climbed a huge mountain! Not only have I gotteny my hair healthy , I have also lost 25 pounds! ( Thank you ms.norway for the tips)I am so proud of my accomplishments. And like i said before and will say it over and over again .. thanks to this lovely forum and you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My ends are just like yours during the unhealthy phase
picture.php
:(

But your hair now looks so good now! Like they say Quality, not Quantity...

A few Quick questions though?
How often did you wash your hair and what product did you use?
What kind of Deep Conditioner did you use?
After washing, how did you go about drying/styling?

My ends are just like yours during the unhealthy phase
picture.php
:(

But your hair now looks so good now! Like they say Quality, not Quantity...

Q:A few Quick questions though?
A: Sure chica go ahead

Q:How often did you wash your hair and what product did you use?
A: I use to co-wash every 2 days with conditioner ( VO05 in strawberry).
I would use "Aceite de oliva plus "olive oil leave in conditioner , would then moisturize with Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 and would then put my hair in a bun.
P.S. I will no longer be co-washing because I feel it makes my hair tangle afterwards and would dry my hair but it has helped i wont lie.

Q:What kind of Deep Conditioner did you use?
A:I would make my own deep conditioner .. which would be 1 egg ( for protein) , a moisturizing conditioner ( VO05 ) , i would also add coconut oil and sometimes olive oil

Q:After washing, how did you go about drying/styling?
A: I would actually just let my hair airdry by putting it in a bun , and would seal my ends with coconut oil. The no heat is what I think has helped my ends and also dusting here and there.

My regimen now would be to wash my hair only 1x per week and deep condition as well. Moisturize my hair when needed.. Im trying to keep is simple. Also protective styles is key to healthy ends especially in the winter when its cold.

Last edited:
I've just looked at your fotki too and your progress is great. Your hair has improved vastly! You're well on your way to a healthy, full APL thsi year :yep:.

Back