*****1 year hair journey with PICS****

tricie

Hey, ladies,

Just wanted to post my year's progress. I joined LCHF in December 2006, lurked for a month or two, and read dang near EVERY post/thread :spinning:, and finally joined the "chatting" in January 2007. As far as taking hair care seriously, my journey really began in February 2007, so here goes.

Here are the photos of my progress; in August 07 and February 08, I got two major cuts (well, it was an inch each time and for me, that's major!). I think I made pretty decent progress for a year. Please chime in and let me know what you think!

My regimen is pretty simple, this is about how it goes:

-Relaxer every 11-12 weeks
-Henna two weeks after relaxer, maybe again after a month
-Wash one or twice a week (now with shikaikai/amla/aritha; rarely use normal poo)
-DC with every wash (add oils and SAA to conditioners)
-MN mix (with BT) three times a week
-Essential oil mix two times a week
-Cornrows/Bantu knots/twistouts once the ng kicks in
-Minimal heat

Here are some photos:

February 2007 hair pic.jpg - February 2007

August 2007 hair pic (after 1 inch needed trim).jpg - August 2007 (after 1" trim)

Hair progress pic - Nov 14, 2007.jpg - November 2007

Feb 15, 2008 progress pic 2.jpg - February 2008 (after 1" trim)

How am I doing??

TIA! :grin:

Last edited:

tricie

Thanks so much, ladies! :kiss: I appreciate it; I have just added Evening Primrose oil to the vits regimen (as if I didn't take enough already!)

tricie

Ya'll are too sweet! I am gonna keep with my regi and maybe I will hit APL in 2009? I think it is possible; hopefully I can scale back on the trims! :) Fortunately, I have a great beautician that knows how to dust.

Also, I am working out so hopefully that will be one more positive addition to growth/health. I forgot to mention that I have also been drinking the Seven Wonders Hair Cocktail.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php/t-90491.html

Thanks again, ladies; keep it coming! :yep:

onyxcabelo

Very nice progress - your hair looks very healthy and happy. I'm sure you'll reach your next goal no problem - perhaps even sooner than you think:yep:.