1 Year Since My Big Chop (PICS)

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Heeeeeeeyyyy, peeps ...

So September 1, 2009 marked the one-year anniversary of my Big Chop. My last relaxer was March 1, 2007, I transitioned for 18 months and then I big chopped on September 1, 2008. Here are a couple of comparison pics:

And here's a picture of my flat ironed hair on the second day (actually, I think it looked better the second day).

I'm still basically following the same regimen listed in my Fotki:
  • co-wash every other day
  • deep condition with steam once a week (Kenra MC is the ish for this purpose)
  • detangle every other day (if I go any longer, I lose too much hair)
  • lots of natural oils (coconut, avocado, olive, etc.)
  • heat only twice a year (although I think I'm going to up that to 4 times a year)
  • try to maintain correct protein / moisture balance (a challenge in and of itself)
Since my natural hair is soooooo coily, it shrinks up to my neck (which is fine because it's a built in protective style). No vitamins or growth aids ... not feelin' like doin' alllllll that right now.

I also think my ends are craptacular, but what did I expect: I haven't cut my hair since my BC last year. :blush: I think I'll get it straightened in October or November just to get it trimmed. I guess BSL will have to wait.

Anyhoo, these are all the pictures that I have. I haven't been snapping many photos of my hair lately; but I did want to at least share my one-year progress with my LHCF homies.

Later ... and HHG!

SEMO

Wow, your hair looks great! And it has grown so much. :) Thanks for sharing your 1 year update.

Kellum

You hair is so shiny and silky looking. I love the curls that look so soft. Congrats on your progress.

Vonnieluvs08

Great progress and so healthy!! I remember your fotki was one of the first ones I every looked at. Thanks for sharing.

BlondeByDesire

Wow, very nice. Great progress. You are another inspiration to get me to go 18 months for my transition. Your hair looks very nice.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Your natural hair is beautiful! You've made great growth progress in 1 year! Keep taking good care of your hair! :up: