1 Year Since My Big Chop (PICS)

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Awwwwwwwww ... thank you soooo much for the kind words, ladies. When I took a picture of my straightened hair, I was disappointed with how bad my ends look. I figured they would fare just fine because I only use heat twice a year. But that just goes to prove that normal every day wear and tear will eventually wreak havoc on my ends, especially because my hair is fine. Booooo ...

You have beautiful hair!!! I sent you a PM to ask about the steam process. Thanks!

Thank, mswoman. I answered your PM, but I thought that I should put it here too just in case anyone else is wondering.

I use this steamer here (I bought it on e-bay last year):

I use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (MC) as my deep conditioner (it's extremely moisturizing on my hair). I slather it on , clip up the ends so they're at the top of my head so the steam can get to them and then I sit under the steamer for about 30 minutes. The combo of the steam and the Kenra obliterates my dryness issues.

Hope that helps someone.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Awwwwwwwww ... thank you soooo much for the kind words, ladies. When I took a picture of my straightened hair, I was disappointed with how bad my ends look. I figured they would fare just fine because I only use heat twice a year. But that just goes to prove that normal every day wear and tear will eventually wreak havoc on my ends, especially because my hair is fine. Booooo ...

Thank, mswoman. I answered your PM, but I thought that I should put it here too just in case anyone else is wondering.

I use this steamer here (I bought it on e-bay last year):

I use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (MC) as my deep conditioner (it's extremely moisturizing on my hair). I slather it on , clip up the ends so they're at the top of my head so the steam can get to them and then I sit under the steamer for about 30 minutes. The combo of the steam and the Kenra obliterates my dryness issues.

Hope that helps someone.

More proof that we are hair twins. I wear my hair up and protected 90% of the time and still have to trim with every length check (when I straighten).

MummysGirl

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Haven't seen you around in a long while!

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your inspiring progress.

Brownsugababy

Wow! :love: Your hair is so beautiful ! Not trying to be judgemental but I can't believe you even got a relaxer in the first place! Your natural texture is gorgeous! :yep:

BostonMaria

Congrats on your one year anniversary!!!! I can't believe its been a year already. Seems like yesterday that you did the BC.

OMG I'm so jealous of your steamer. I want one, but I have no room so I'll have to get a smaller version.