100% Aloe Vera Gel for hair?

CutiePie0Five

Hi everyone,

I've been researching different types of gel to buy because I'm transitioning and the front of my hair is always poofy. So far, I think I've decided to buy the Coconut Jel from myhoneychild.com, but until I get some money, I need another alternative. I saw on another post that someone used Fruit of the Earth's 100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel with no alcohols, etc. I just happen to have some in my bathroom, and I had a few questions:

1)is it really ok to use it on your hair?
2)what kind of hold does it give? I don't want my hair feeling hard or gooky...
3)Is my hair going to be ridiculous to comb out at the end of the day? (I plan on wearing a bun today)

Anyone use this on their hair????

Tee

CutiePie0Five said:
Hi everyone,

I've been researching different types of gel to buy because I'm transitioning and the front of my hair is always poofy. So far, I think I've decided to buy the Coconut Jel from myhoneychild.com, but until I get some money, I need another alternative. I saw on another post that someone used Fruit of the Earth's 100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel with no alcohols, etc. I just happen to have some in my bathroom, and I had a few questions:

1)is it really ok to use it on your hair? Yes
2)what kind of hold does it give? I don't want my hair feeling hard or gooky... My hair never got hard or felt gooky or sticky. I had a nice hold.
3)Is my hair going to be ridiculous to comb out at the end of the day? (I plan on wearing a bun today) NO

Anyone use this on their hair????

I hope that helps.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I have been using aloe vera gel since I chopped. It provides great hold and definition. A little goes a long way. I've never tried to comb my hair out at the end of the day while this was on my hair.

CutiePie0Five

oooo thank you so much ladies! lol I needed to know before I left the house today! I guess Aloe Vera Gel will be my new best friend!

Tee

goldensensation said:
Me and aloe vera gel do not mix. I'd get icky white residue (it looks like little beads) whenever I'd use it.

I guess it depends on the brand. I use one by Jason that I picked up at the Whole food store. I Know other ladies say them use Fruit of the Earth (or something like that.) I haven't tried that brand since the Jason brand worked for me the first time I used.

Last edited:

rwanda

I had the same problem as goldensensation with the white residue on my hair, I've also heard of vitamin e gel by the same line, I wonder would it also leave a residue.

ArrrBeee

I have to give it a thumbs down. It left my hair dry and with white residue. I stick to Smooth and Shine activator and Fantasia Sparklelites gel 50/50 ratio.

CutiePie0Five

So I tried it, and it worked....it wasn't outstanding, but it's definitely something I can use in the meantime until I get some money. Once it dried or whatever, my hair looked a little dry. It didn't feel dry, but I was hoping for more of a "wet" look. I tried to test it again with a curl at the back of my head, and the same thing happened. So, overall, it's ok, but not great.

MissDiva

CutiePie0Five said:
So I tried it, and it worked....it wasn't outstanding, but it's definitely something I can use in the meantime until I get some money. Once it dried or whatever, my hair looked a little dry. It didn't feel dry, but I was hoping for more of a "wet" look. I tried to test it again with a curl at the back of my head, and the same thing happened. So, overall, it's ok, but not great.

Try adding a little oil to it. I use it occasionally, it really doesn't give me the slick look I like if I don't have time to tie it down for a while but it's ok. I get the white residue when I use certain leave in conditioners.