Long Aid Activator Gel for Extra Dry Hair vs. Aloe Vera Gel

• I've used both and I prefer Long Aid Activator Gel

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • I've used both and I prefer Aloe Vera Gel

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AveMaria

Comments? Comparison between the two? I've heard the Long Aid Activator Gel for Extra Dry Hair is extremely moisturizing and also gives shine. I've heard that Aloe Vera gel really helps control frizzies and is also moisturizing. Is this true? If so, does it really matter what ty[e of Aloe Vera gel to buy? Do some types work better than others and what is the cheapest place/brand of good quality Aloe Vera Gel? Thank you so much for your consideration.

Last edited:

La Colocha

Both the long aid and aloe vera gel( fruit of the earth) Dried my hair out but i know lots of ladies have had success with both.

malachi74

Can you post a picture of the Long Aid Activator Gel to share with those who may be clueless about the product like me?

mkd

I have not tried the long aid, but the aloe vera gel dried my hair out terribly. I used Jason's. Maybe fruit of the earth is better.

chosen07

I've used neither..never heard of the long aid curl activator gel yet but I have heard great reviews about aloe vera gel (AVG). I do know you have to be careful and get the natural AVG...which usually have to be refrigerated. they have some gels that have aloe vera along with alcohol and other questionable ingredients.
I just bought this AVG although I haven't used it yet...

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

I found the Long Aid Activator Gel for extra dry hair to be sticky and Aloe Vera Gel was a little drying. I prefer IC Fantasia with Sparkle Lites.

Long Aid Activator Gel for Extra Dry Hair

PistolWhip

I've used both and the Long Aid gets my vote.The Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera gel really dried my hair out so it just sits under my bathroom sink.I do use Long Aid regularly and really like it because it does not dry my hair out.My texture is 4a/3c.